A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:17:58 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 143770 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 09:59:31 pm »

Finally made it to McNellies this weekend.  Excellent.

Even I have been to McNellies a few times.  What took you so long?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 10:18:24 pm »

Even I have been to McNellies a few times.  What took you so long?

You are much more a "social butterfly" than I am.

We have started a concerted effort to try all the places we can downtown.  Except The Sushi Place.  We tend to get stuck in our rut and go to the same old places when we find something we like.  Looking for new ruts.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 10:34:24 pm »

You are much more a "social butterfly" than I am.

Not likely.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 10:41:31 pm »

Not likely.

I know - we are both engineers, but you don't have kids, so you inherently have more social life.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 10:45:07 pm »

I know - we are both engineers, but you don't have kids, so you inherently have more social life.

My squeaky wallet trumps your kids.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 11:04:34 pm »

My squeaky wallet trumps your kids.

Your airplane habit trumps the squeaky wallet claim.

My habits are cheap, like coming up with recipes using tomato paste as a base. (Ketchup, tomato juices, barbeque sauces, pasta sauces, etc).  Or various recipes using dried beans of different types.  Raw material costs of 0.50 per can and $10.00 or so per 50 lb bag.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:07:23 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 11:23:32 pm »

Your airplane habit trumps the squeaky wallet claim.

I used to have money and a potential social life.  Now I have an airplane habit.  No money left for a standard social life.  I'm not complaining, just noting. Your kids probably cost more than my airplane habit. (Especially if you helped put them through college.)  Can you buy preowned kids less expensively than new ones?  I see people in WalMart all the time with kids in the shopping basket.  I haven't really looked but haven't seen kids on any of the shelves.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:25:14 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 11:26:31 pm »

I used to have money and a potential social life.  Now I have an airplane habit.  No money left for a standard social life.  I'm not complaining, just noting. Your kids probably cost more than my airplane habit. (Especially if you helped put them through college.)  Can you buy preowned kids less expensively than new ones?  I see people in WalMart all the time with kids in the shopping basket.  I haven't really looked but haven't seen kids on any of the shelves.

No.  Even used ones are obscenely expensive.  Never on the shelves - in the back stockroom.  Gotta ask for them.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 11:27:44 pm »

No.  Even used ones are obscenely expensive.  Never on the shelves - in the back stockroom.  Gotta ask for them.

I think I'll let that opportunity slide by.

Grin

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 11:35:37 am »

Informative:  4'9" Colombians aren't just for drug mules anymore.  You can feed them to Sea lions.

Shakira Attacked by Sea Lion

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/02/14/shakira-attacked-by-sea-lion.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Shakira is spending Valentine’s Day with a bandaged hand after getting a little too much love from a sea lion while vacationing in South Africa. The singer wrote on Facebook Monday that she approached a group of sea lions because she thought they were cute, when one lunged out of the water and chomped her hand. "[It] looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me," she wrote. Her brother helped wrestle her free. Shakira added that she thinks the sea lion was attracted by her shiny BlackBerry, which she was using to take photos, thinking it was a fish.

So if you meet a hungry sea lion, that's how you friend up.  Her hips won't lie.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 05:23:26 pm »

And once again Newt shows not just how irrelevant he has become, but how completely out of touch with reality he remains....

Gotta get me a Chevy Volt!!

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/chevrolet-volt-owner-shows-newt-gingrich-put-gun-215713371.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 11:15:46 pm »

Don't laugh when you see a Bianchi carbon framed bicycle carrying a gun rack.  Just chuckle and say: "CONAN!!!"  I promise, I wave before I shoot.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 11:32:11 pm »

Don't laugh when you see a Bianchi carbon framed bicycle carrying a gun rack.  Just chuckle and say: "CONAN!!!"  I promise, I wave before I shoot.

Interesting concept.  Hand guns or long barrels?  Would you put the barrel of a rifle or shot gun next to the rear wheel opposite the chain side with the stock facing forward so you could easily reach it in an emergency?  I am thinking anything mounted to the front fork would be unwieldy.  Would you make a combination gun rack and water bottle carrier?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 09:42:47 am »

I was thinking along the lines of a scabbard

A free Marshall's to the first person who can correctly identify that motorcycle (manufacturer, year, model).

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 10:01:42 am »

I was thinking along the lines of a scabbard

A free Marshall's to the first person who can correctly identify that motorcycle (manufacturer, year, model).

HD, 1942, WLA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org