A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:38:02 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 143714 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« on: January 20, 2012, 08:37:20 am »

Inimitable - not to be confused with inimical.

A Victorian computer.  If only these had been around in Victorian times - just think how much further advanced our society might be.  And no, I did not take the name from him.  He obviously has some similar past influences.  I have had the name for 40 years.

http://steampunkworkshop.com/victorian-all-one-pc

Love the guitar amp, too!

http://steampunkworkshop.com/nathans-guitar-amp

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 08:39:28 am »

There seem to be a lot of this happening around the country lately.  Is there some vigilantism going on?  (Not necessarily a complaint - just curious.)

http://news.yahoo.com/man-convicted-killing-ga-girl-found-dead-232416627.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:08:11 am »

Fancy keyboard anyone?

http://www.datamancer.net/keyboards/keyboards.htm

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 09:54:05 am »

There seem to be a lot of this happening around the country lately.  Is there some vigilantism going on?  (Not necessarily a complaint - just curious.)

http://news.yahoo.com/man-convicted-killing-ga-girl-found-dead-232416627.html

These violent crimes have always happened but now they are amplified by the internet.

Actually, we live in less violent times than ever before. There's less killing due to wars. There's an actual drop in victim crimes which may explain the need to incarcerate more victim-less criminals to fill the gap in prison population. Angry
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:13:47 am »

This is a good catch-all Heiron.

Ever think of trying ritalin?  Tongue

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 10:18:58 am »

These violent crimes have always happened but now they are amplified by the internet.

Actually, we live in less violent times than ever before. There's less killing due to wars. There's an actual drop in victim crimes which may explain the need to incarcerate more victim-less criminals to fill the gap in prison population. Angry

Was not so much commenting on the actual crime as much as how there seem to be a lot of criminals ending up hanging themselves recently.  Always hear about one from time to time, but there seem to be more in the last year or so.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:24:47 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:24:28 am »

This is a good catch-all Heiron.

Ever think of trying ritalin?  Tongue

Cannot be accused of thread drift or hijacking - by definition, the drift is inherent and institutionalized if not actually required.

As commented previously....

Roses are red...
Violets are blue...
I'm schizophrenic...
...and so am I!

Feel free to disseminate, dissipate, drift, or otherwise wander aimlessly through the dusty, musty hallways of your mind!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:25:29 am »

Cannot be accused of thread drift or hijacking - by definition, the drift is inherent and institutionalized if not actually required.

As commented previously....

Roses are red...
Violets are blue...
I'm schizophrenic...
...and so am I!

Feel free to disseminate, dissipate, drift, or otherwise wander aimlessly through the dusty, musty hallways of your mind!

The only problem I have with your drift and hijacking is you do not mention Marshall's beer often enough in your meanderings.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 10:27:58 am »

Marshalls!
Marshalls!
Marshalls!

Oh, wait...I left one out - Marshalls!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 11:00:58 am »

Marshalls!
Marshalls!
Marshalls!

Oh, wait...I left one out - Marshalls!

Be more specific...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 12:44:53 pm »

Be more specific...

Conan, you are gonna have to help me out here on the specificity.  I don't do beer, so not sure how to address this.

And while I'm at it - saw Newt last night blasting the moderator for asking a personal related question.  This from the guy who was commenting sometime back about how politicians must expect to be questioned about their personal life.  Yeah,...that's the Newt.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 01:20:25 pm »

Conan, you are gonna have to help me out here on the specificity.  I don't do beer, so not sure how to address this.

And while I'm at it - saw Newt last night blasting the moderator for asking a personal related question.  This from the guy who was commenting sometime back about how politicians must expect to be questioned about their personal life.  Yeah,...that's the Newt.

Hint:  they make more than one type of beer.

Sent from my Atrix4G with fat fingers

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 10:33:42 am »

And with all the other so-called "bad news" from the RWRE - here we end up with another decreasing deficit.  As opposed to increasing deficits.  Still too big, but definitely better, especially considering the way it WAS headed...

Unfortunately, likely to stay here until the question of revenue is resolved - 2013 at the soonest.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-budget-deficit-dip-1-1t-152358458.html

History;
FY 2012: $1,101 billion
FY 2011: $1,299 billion
FY 2010: $1,293 billion
FY 2009: $1,413 billion  - Bush's last budget
FY 2008: $248 billion
FY 2007: $161 billion

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:51:15 am »

And now for something entirely different.

This is pretty good and just completely entertaining.  And casually related to Oklahoma's own - Sonic!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RzBpTSNLG8

I gotta find a Sonic at lunch!!

Have the craving for cheese on my tots now.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:56:01 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

dbacks fan
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:59 pm »

Jeez I miss Sonic. I can remember when tots with chili and cheese wasn't on the menu. (ans yes, I have one of their aluminum trays with the yellow coated window hooks)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org