A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:47:31 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 145442 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 09:28:56 pm »

1942 XA.

Horizontally opposed engine - can see the cylinder there on the side - the case/block has what looks like fins to me.  Can't really see that well - old eyes going bad.

This months HOG magazine shows a pretty cool 1940 WLA (page 9).  Can tell it is well used.

Edit:
Ooops...just read far enough to see you already answered it!  Well, the HOG magazine still has some pretty good pics.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:31:12 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:44 am »

Side note - Helmerich & Paine has the Space Center near 36th, south of the BA expressway - a complex of buildings made using tip up concrete construction.  Would anyone here happen to know who the architect/engineering firm are who designed it?  Maybe they did it in house?  (Yeah, I know...that was 30 years ago or so...)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2012, 10:10:51 pm »

And now, after self-taxing to the tune of $50 million to buy the GM plant and give it to the Air Force at Tinker, layoffs will occur.

Inhofe made some buzzing insect noise.  Made as much sense as anything he ever says.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2012, 10:24:26 pm »

Patriot Burger and Grill and propane.

In this weekend's version of "The Travels", found a really good hamburger place in Nowata, OK.  It has been a small abandoned building for years, just north of Cherokee Street, on highway 169, west side of road.  Burns Propane people have fixed this up and turned it into a good little burger place.  Prices were good, and food was very good.  (Fried pies were a bit of a disappointment, but nothing else was.)

Very friendly and great service.

Yum!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:45 pm »

Letterman has been displaying magazine covers on a billboard outside his theater, starting with Sports Illustrated and Model Railroading.  Tonight the graphics department didn't quite get the cover finished but it was supposed to be Newt Gingrich on the cover of Double Chin Magazine.  Missed out big time!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2012, 10:11:58 am »

Here is an interesting place to go when you really want to know what is going on behind the scenes at your favorite restaurant.  Health Department inspection reports.  Some of my favorite places exist in a state of "I don't wanna know..."  You can find your favorite place, too!

https://www.phin.state.ok.us/Inspections/index.aspx

Joe Momma's

Top That

McDonald's

Compadre's

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2012, 10:34:14 am »

I pay close attention to the staff outside the back of a restaurant as I pull in. Then I make note of their bathrooms. Nasty people smoking out by the dumpsters, scratching their butts and flipping their butts is like an anti-billboard for the restaurant. Dirty, stinking bathrooms give an indication as to the condition of their kitchen as well.

Thanks for the links.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2012, 10:47:21 am »

I pay close attention to the staff outside the back of a restaurant as I pull in. Then I make note of their bathrooms. Nasty people smoking out by the dumpsters, scratching their butts and flipping their butts is like an anti-billboard for the restaurant.

Thanks for the links.

Hate to make you shudder, but that’s just about every restaurant in town.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2012, 10:55:54 am »

Hate to make you shudder, but that’s just about every restaurant in town.

I watched a couple behind the counter at Bueno today playing kissy-face.  

Twas odd.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2012, 11:22:41 am »

I always hope against hope that "laves sus manos" isn't just a decoration.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2012, 11:22:46 am »

My other half lives by what her Dad taught her.
If the front door glass is clean when you enter the restaurant. That means they care about the rest of the business.  

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 11:38:59 am »

My other half lives by what her Dad taught her.
If the front door glass is clean when you enter the restaurant. That means they care about the rest of the business.  

Great!  Now we'll have a bunch of restaurants only cleaning the front door glass.  Thanks a bunch.

Grin

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2012, 11:42:08 am »

Great!  Now we'll have a bunch of restaurants only cleaning the front door glass.  Thanks a bunch.

Grin

Oh wow. I hadn't thought about that.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 12:17:26 pm »

I pay close attention to the staff outside the back of a restaurant as I pull in. Then I make note of their bathrooms. Nasty people smoking out by the dumpsters, scratching their butts and flipping their butts is like an anti-billboard for the restaurant. Dirty, stinking bathrooms give an indication as to the condition of their kitchen as well.

Thanks for the links.

Totally agree....just returned from a week in NYC and was amazed at how clean the city is these days....especially all the restaurants. Tulsa? Beware.

The most impressive thing was what "no smoking" has done for cities and their citizens. You barely see any discarded butts anywhere. And the streets and sidewalks were never in better condition. Kudos to Bloomberg.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2012, 08:07:16 pm »

Wow...THCcLown had a clean thougt....!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org