A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:50:46 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salad Alley  (Read 29706 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 01:41:27 pm »

Visited Salad Alley today.  Wasn't overwhelmed with the place.  It's good but its still a salad bar.

However, the owner is an interesting cat.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 01:54:06 pm »

Visited Salad Alley today.  Wasn't overwhelmed with the place.  It's good but its still a salad bar.

However, the owner is an interesting cat.

I think he marches to the beat of his own Jack-in-the-box

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 01:56:09 pm »

I roll mine in black sesame seeds and grill it for about 1 min per side over hickory.

D&mn ! Thats what I did wrong with those Tuna fillet's that our butcher had me try. Like a putz I just put them in foil with butter and spices and cooked them on the grill like regular meat. they tasted like crap and I never bought them again. I need to try what you guy's do. Maybe I might have another dish to cook.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »

D&mn ! Thats what I did wrong with those Tuna fillet's that our butcher had me try. Like a putz I just put them in foil with butter and spices and cooked them on the grill like regular meat. they tasted like crap and I never bought them again. I need to try what you guy's do. Maybe I might have another dish to cook.

It took me a long time to understand that, but fish needs very little cooking time.  If it feels squeaky on your teeth, you cooked it way too long.  It only took me 40 years to come to that conclusion.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 02:13:50 pm »

You do!  That's a horrible way to cook tuna.  Tuna has no fat so if you over cook it, it will taste like the surf out of the can.

Salmon is good the same way, except swap out the sesame seeds with crushed pecans!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 04:41:45 pm »

Any places like this in midtown. Will have to try Salad Ally next time I visit grandmother out south.

Thank you,
Robert Town
rdj
City Father

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 11:47:14 am »

Any places like this in midtown. Will have to try Salad Ally next time I visit grandmother out south.

Jason's Deli?  Drawing a blank on any locally owned establishments.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 01:58:19 pm »

I too have been wanting a place like this closer to midtown/downtown. The salad joint that closed at 51st and Memorial was pretty mediocre, but it still beat driving all the way out to far south Tulsa.

Plus I used to like to go there Sunday evenings. But I think this Salad Alley place follows Oklahoma Jeebus regulations and has little to no Sunday hours (11-2?).

Jason's deli always seemed a little weird. Not user friendly and no workers seem to care to help you figure out what  you're supposed to be doing. So I stand there like a moron trying to understand the ordering/eating process.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 02:06:50 pm »

Jasons deli workers are to stoned to care to help, the ones I meet anyway.

Thank you,
Robert Town
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 10:27:50 am »

A fresh tuna steak cooked very rare is hard to tell from a beef fillet if you keep your eyes closed!

I sear a tuna steak in salt and pepper in a hot skillet (rare to medium rare, deglaze with a splash of soy) and then add cheese and eat it like a burger with bread, lettuce, tomato, onion mustard..burger fixins. It's juicy and delicious and much better for you than a burger.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 10:31:45 am »

I sear a tuna steak in salt and pepper in a hot skillet (rare to medium rare, deglaze with a splash of soy) and then add cheese and eat it like a burger with bread, lettuce, tomato, onion mustard..burger fixins. It's juicy and delicious and much better for you than a burger.

How thick a cut?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 10:50:06 am »

Sounds good.  Have you had the fish burger at Brewburger?

It's fantastic.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 11:15:38 am »

How thick a cut?

1/2".
rdj
City Father

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 10:12:24 am »

What type of cheese?

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:41 am »

What type of cheese?

Whatever you prefer, I like provolone which is mild and doesn't over power the tuna.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org