A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:56:34 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sage Gone.  (Read 21650 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 11:46:30 am »

Knew about Smalley's, either had forgotten or didn't know about Urban Kitchen, never heard of NeMar.  Many thanks!

I notice that Whole Foods has classes in the space to the west of their deli/ready to eat foods section. 

We will be holding classes there soon.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 11:51:24 am »

Lesson in business, large over head, overpriced items, under capitalized and too much debt isn't good. I can assume the brookside location wouldn't have given the same results that we see today.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 01:52:39 pm »

We will be holding classes there soon.

Which there?  I mentioned four theres.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 02:06:49 pm »

Which there?  I mentioned four theres.

Whole Foods.  We are selling out of product weekly there.  We have never had such a remarkably successful retailer, nor one so easy to work with.  They want us to participate with all kinds of events.  Really super people!

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 06:05:51 pm »

Man!  I didn't realize tree was such a market for cooking classes.  I've got a strong culinary background.  I should have known before I got into this whole grad school racket.  If anyone really wants I will do in home cooking lessons for the cost of ingredients (and a generous pour of wine).  Message me if you are interested.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 07:20:58 am »

We've had a shift of venue and will be teaching BBQ 101 at Smalley Equipment tonight! 

Unfortunately the class is completely sold out.  If anyone is interested, I will post a schedule of our classes at Smalley, Hasty, and Whole Foods.  We have 6 courses, BBQ 101 through BBQ 106.  Classes usually sell out within a day of being scheduled, and you have to contact the venue directly to make reservations.  Our classes are very informative with lots of secrets and some "stand-up comedy."

We also have some free mini-courses on the main stage at the Tulsa State Fair and we offer corporate classes/catered dinners.  We will come out with our rig, and give a class for your company (entertainment) as we feed everyone.  We can feed crowds up to 300.  It's a great employee appreciation idea!

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »

We've had a shift of venue and will be teaching BBQ 101 at Smalley Equipment tonight! 

Unfortunately the class is completely sold out.  If anyone is interested, I will post a schedule of our classes at Smalley, Hasty, and Whole Foods.  We have 6 courses, BBQ 101 through BBQ 106.  Classes usually sell out within a day of being scheduled, and you have to contact the venue directly to make reservations.  Our classes are very informative with lots of secrets and some "stand-up comedy."

We also have some free mini-courses on the main stage at the Tulsa State Fair and we offer corporate classes/catered dinners.  We will come out with our rig, and give a class for your company (entertainment) as we feed everyone.  We can feed crowds up to 300.  It's a great employee appreciation idea!

Do you accept Sage gift cards?
(I actually have one  Sad )
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 03:40:28 pm »

I'm willing to bet Catherine is going to sell all of that stuff (lots of high end kitchen equipment) cheap.  Keeping my eye out for the sale.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 07:01:51 am »

The Spirit Bank Event Center claims another victim.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 07:21:56 am »

I'm pretty sure Sage's wounds were self-inflicted.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 07:30:03 am »

The doors are too far away from the parking spots.  We won't shop anywhere more than 3 steps from our car.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 07:46:09 am »

The doors are too far away from the parking spots.  We won't shop anywhere more than 3 steps from our car.

I took my buddies from St. Louis to Savastano's last night.  The section where Savastano's is reminds me of an old foreboding school building.  I really don't care much for the design of the place.  When I drive into the center I feel like I just drove into some sort of maze or trap.  It's an oddly designed center.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 09:53:48 am »

I took my buddies from St. Louis to Savastano's last night.  The section where Savastano's is reminds me of an old foreboding school building.  I really don't care much for the design of the place.  When I drive into the center I feel like I just drove into some sort of maze or trap.  It's an oddly designed center.

However, the design inside the restaurant I do like.  They make you walk off part of your dinner before you even sit down (the stair climb).  It's an awesome restaurant in a crappy area of town.  Sorry, but it's just too damned crowded for my taste out there.  Reminds me of Westheimer in uptown Houston, except for that Westheimer at least was four lanes each way.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 10:17:39 am »

I have a feeling that they are also having problems with all the facebookisms going on an specials they are offering....hope they don't fall the same fate that Sage has had...
kuslamb
Citizen

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 03:15:23 pm »

Lesson in business, large over head, overpriced items, under capitalized and too much debt isn't good. I can assume the brookside location wouldn't have given the same results that we see today.

Why can you assume this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org