A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:08:04 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owen Park real estate heating up  (Read 4931 times)
OwenParkPhil
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:03:50 pm »

All of the sudden, I've seen two houses and two apartment buildings get snapped up in December of 2011, all within one block of my house.

It seems with the Brady District momentum building, new people are buying Owen Park real estate and moving in. 

The apartment building is being renovated inside and out.  A nearby duplex has a new owner and is being renovated.  Two new families have moved in on my street.

I think I bought my house at the bottom of the price arc, and now the turnover has started in the historical  Owen Park district.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:05:53 pm »

I rented a room from a couple of friends a block from roosavelt.  I really really wish I could live in that area again.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 01:04:27 am »

Great area to invest in, but three words of advice:

1) Don't skimp.  Pay to get a very comprehensive structural and MEP inspection and attend the inspection when it's being done.
2) Don't fall prey to someone who is convinced their property is worth a premium because they went in, spent $5K to cover up a bunch of wood rot and put in new, but cheap appliances
3) Make a very good personal appraisal of who your neighbors will be.  There's still no shortage of crappy landlords and tenants throughout the area.

There are some great homes up there and in Brady Heights, but you need to approach any potential purchase with a wary eye and a lot of objectivity.  I had looked around up there a few years back and realized you could go broke in a hurry trying to keep an Owen Park home upright.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:07:28 am »

I'm glad to see Owen Park doing well.  I looked there but the housing stock just wasn't what I was looking for in a home.  So many of the homes have one bath and that will be an issue for many sellers/buyers.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
takemebacktotulsa
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 01:05:39 pm »

hello this is my first post on tulsa now, although i have been following the blog for some time now.

in my home search, i came across a very interesting house in owen park for sale. i was wondering if you guys could help me figure out who designed it.

the address is 1715 west cameron. according to the tulsa county assessor's office it was built in 1915.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

ps. i would attach an image, but i can't figure out how to.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 02:05:51 pm »

Interesting little house. The looks like a mixture of designs from Wright to Southwest and traditional. I am suspect that it was built later than 1915. Some of those homes were moved from other locations or built on empty lots in later years. That one is similar to one my brother owned over near 11th and Birmingham around the 1920's.

Owen is looking pretty interesting right now.

onward...through the fog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org