A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:35 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Brady Flats: Archer & Boston/110 N. Boston Ave.  (Read 42745 times)
johrasephoenix
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 11:48:17 am »

It's the Flats on Archer aka Brady Flats, arising after a 5 year slumber. 
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 11:51:07 am »

It appears that something is finally happening in the space just south of Hey Mambo (that was once slated to be The Flats on Archer).

A building permit was filed stating it is to be a "store/restaurant."

Rupe Building Company; Comm Const -New; $0.00; Store/Restaurant; 110 N. Boston Ave.; Tulsa; OK; 7/11/2016; 7/18/2016

right below that one on the same report, another interesting building permit:

Bomsada Brookside Construction; Comm Const -New; $0.00; Apartments; 1717 S. Riverside Dr.; Tulsa; OK; 7/11/2016; 7/18/2016

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 12:18:35 pm »

right below that one on the same report, another interesting building permit:

Bomsada Brookside Construction; Comm Const -New; $0.00; Apartments; 1717 S. Riverside Dr.; Tulsa; OK; 7/11/2016; 7/18/2016

I was just thinking about the Riverside Apartments and when they'll get started. Project looked cool but has been a long time coming. Another one out of slumber.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 12:20:36 pm »

It's the Flats on Archer aka Brady Flats, arising after a 5 year slumber. 

Do you know if these will be the Archer/Brady Flats with store/restaurant on the first floor or is it possibly something else?
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2016, 12:36:59 pm »

I hope it's the whole apartment project and not just a restaurant.  That's a big lot and if it's just a restaurant or two, it would probably include a huge parking lot and setback. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 12:13:59 pm »

Hoping they keep the original design with the restaurant space on the first floor

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »

Per the TW this project will (finally) start this spring.  62 apartment units with retail/restaurant space along Boston with 30 parking spaces behind the retail.  The developer claims the water table is too high to make underground parking work here.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/flats-on-archer-to-feature-apartment-units-in-brady-arts/article_cb0d6599-e5ae-5581-97d5-eb709aaeec17.html
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:01:26 pm by SXSW » Logged

Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 07:09:45 pm »

Per the TW this project will (finally) start this spring.  62 apartment units with retail/restaurant space along Boston with 30 parking spaces behind the retail.  The developer claims the water table is too high to make underground parking work here.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/flats-on-archer-to-feature-apartment-units-in-brady-arts/article_cb0d6599-e5ae-5581-97d5-eb709aaeec17.html

Thanks for the update, SXSW.

There's an underground (piped) creek near the site.  It shows up on some of the early Tulsa maps, when it was an open creek.  There was a bridge on Main Street over the creek, approximately where M.B. Archer Street is now.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:02:22 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
johrasephoenix
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 07:30:46 pm »

I'll believe it when it breaks ground, but that's awesome.  You could not ask for a better site. 

Those giant parking bays on the street are kind of a bummer.  I'll also miss the brick.  That said, if this happens its a big win. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 08:25:40 pm »

On closer inspection it looks like the retail space is mostly fronting Archer with just a section at the corner on Boston.  Hopefully if it is a restaurant any outdoor seating wraps around right there.  Then the lobby entrance and what looks like two garage doors but could just be one closer to Hey Mambo.  Too bad they couldn't put all of the garage access off the alley.

Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 08:28:09 pm »

On closer inspection it looks like the retail space is mostly fronting Archer with just a section at the corner on Boston.  Hopefully if it is a restaurant any outdoor seating wraps around right there.  Then the lobby entrance and what looks like two garage doors but could just be one closer to Hey Mambo.  Too bad they couldn't put all of the garage access off the alley.

I think the Fairfield Inn on Main Street uses the alley.  The alley is gated at both ends. 

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2017, 08:29:05 am »

Hoping they keep the original design with the restaurant space on the first floor

Looks like they changed the design to something more modern.  I really wish they'd stuck to brick to match the neighborhood and district.

dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2017, 08:29:36 am »

Why on earth are they completely ignoring Boston? Talk about a missed opportunity... Every ground floor in an urban neighborhood needs transparency and activity, not blank walls and garage doors. Plus, this thing looks cheap. We can do better.

We know what works and what doesn't, so why do we insist on doing the things that don't?  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:33:06 am by dsjeffries » Logged

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2017, 08:55:37 am »

Fronted - check
Parking in the rear or underneath - check
Multi-story - check
Ground floor utilized - check
Mixed use - check
Style fits the area - not really
Life along the entire outside - no

I much preferred the development with stoops along Boston and the brick work, but this development checks enough boxes to be OK.  The style isn't my favorite, I think it is kind of gaudy, but it is across from the modern AHHA building...so it isn't totally out of place at this location. Plus, given the lot they had to work with I'm sure there were some challenges hitting the price per square that made sense.  If you want parking underneath, you need access from somewhere - Archer would seem more logical to me so you end up with the shops lined up along Boston, but you end up with some portion of the building being a blank wall anyway.

Overall, I'm OK with it and look forward to seeing what the final design looks like.

Here is what the TDA had to say in their December update:

D. The Flats on Archer
Northwest Corner of East Archer Street and North Boston Avenue (110 North Boston
Avenue)
61 Unit Apartment Building
TDA Land Disposition
• IDP Permits for the multi-family project were submitted to the City of Tulsa for
approval
• Associated “License Agreements” are being obtained for execution with related
parties
• The Building Permits will be submitted by Sikes and Abernathie Architects, pending
final approval of the IDP Permits
• The project is currently in the Permitting stage with the City of Tulsa
• Met with bank representatives to discuss project specifics
• The Redeveloper is working with JTR Restaurant Group on leasing 2,300 square feet
of the allocated commercial space for the southeast corner
• A lease agreement is pending final review for construction staging
• Agreement details with the construction contractors are in final legal review
• American Parking has agreed to provide leased space for construction staging area
at the former Braums trucking facility
• The Redevelopers are moving steadily towards resolving the last remaining issues in
order to set a date for “Ground Breaking”
• Rupe Construction estimates 12 – 15 months from the date of “Ground Breaking” to
complete the project

http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Executive-Director-Report-7.pdf

Update for February:

• On January 5, 2017, the TDA Board of Commissioners reviewed and approved
Resolution No. 6309, to enter into negotiations for the loan of funds by TDA to the
Flats on Archer, LLC for assistance in Redevelopment of the property
• The Flats on Archer are waiting to meet with TDA to start the negotiation process
http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Executive-Director-Report-10.pdf

It appears to have gone through several options, this appears to be another modern option on the architects website:
http://www.sikesabernathie.com/portfolio-image31.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:24:27 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 03:59:29 pm »

Why on earth are they completely ignoring Boston? Talk about a missed opportunity... Every ground floor in an urban neighborhood needs transparency and activity, not blank walls and garage doors. Plus, this thing looks cheap. We can do better.

We know what works and what doesn't, so why do we insist on doing the things that don't?  Roll Eyes

Thanks for posting the enlarged rendering, dsjeffries.  Now, I'll need to go back and modify/retract my post from yesterday.  I think the design has taken a turn for the worse by not having more transparency along the Boston Avenue sidewalk. 

Are those garage doors on the right?  If so, there's a tree which seems to be blocking one of the doors (and driveways?).  It doesn't make sense to me.

The double acorn light fixtures would be a waste of money.

Last September, I posted a reply based on what I thought the current design was then, shown on sikesabernathie.com:

Thanks, BouldinDomer.  Those are the drawings I remember seeing, but I don't remember when or where.

Looking south on Boston toward M.B. Archer Street:

Looking northwest at Boston and Archer:

Looking toward the entry from M.B. Archer Street and north along the west side of Boston:

I like the height of the "new" design (five stories instead of four stories).  But otherwise, the "new" design has too much blank wall facing Boston Avenue.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org