A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:30:39 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) S&J Oyster Bar....  (Read 28702 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« on: December 22, 2011, 01:50:24 pm »

is going to be re-born down-town...... Grin
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:04:31 am by Admin » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:37:23 pm »

While always pleased to hear of something else new DT my experience with S&J is a whelmed "meh".
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 02:47:46 pm »

While always pleased to hear of something else new DT my experience with S&J is a whelmed "meh".
Oyster bars in this part of the country just scare me.  I'll give it a try after the first thousand come away without anything writhing in their stomachs.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:02:53 pm »

And there again, it will have to compete with the memory of what it used to be.  I'm with Gaspar on that one, the second incarnation never seems to win in the restaurant and bar business.  Been  back to Bull & Bear?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 05:04:57 pm »

And there again, it will have to compete with the memory of what it used to be.  I'm with Gaspar on that one, the second incarnation never seems to win in the restaurant and bar business.  Been  back to Bull & Bear?

This will be the third S&J.

I've not been back to B & B.  I wasn't a fan of the redo.  Too bad.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 05:10:23 pm »

This will be the third S&J.

I've not been back to B & B.  I wasn't a fan of the redo.  Too bad.

Third?  They had the one on Brookside and a second one on Yale at the same time at one point.  When/where was the second incarnation?

At least with two previous, people might say: "Hey this doesn't suck quite as bad as the second incarnation"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 05:23:55 pm »

Third?  They had the one on Brookside and a second one on Yale at the same time at one point.  When/where was the second incarnation?

At least with two previous, people might say: "Hey this doesn't suck quite as bad as the second incarnation"

They moved South on Brookside in the building where Terry Turner had a come-apart.  Aleoli's or something like that.  I think it's Hibiscus now.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 05:26:22 pm »

They moved South on Brookside in the building where Terry Turner had a come-apart.  Aleoli's or something like that.  I think it's Hibiscus now.

Ahh, that's where Flying Burrito just crashed and burned.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 05:26:59 pm »

Ahh, that's where Flying Burrito just crashed and burned.

OK, there.  On the corner with the stonework?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 05:28:40 pm »

OK, there.  On the corner with the stonework?

Yep.  Hibiscus is around the corner to the north of Mecca Coffee.  I really don't see how that place stays in business unless they are laundering ganja money through there.  Service is some of the worst in Tulsa and the food is really meh.  I suspect the ganja is great though as I think the whole staff is sampling it.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 08:19:33 pm »

I wonder how s and j will like being a saver tenant...

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 09:12:52 am »

They had two on Brookside....Originally where Leons is now....Then on the corner of 36th pl. and Peoria.....If they get the food right...This will be very good...!!!

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 09:45:17 am »

They had two on Brookside....Originally where Leons is now....Then on the corner of 36th pl. and Peoria.....If they get the food right...This will be very good...!!!

Do they have a location yet?
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 10:17:35 am »

Hibiscus packs them in later than you would expect. Is there that much Ganja $ to launder in Tulsa? Ive been in there on sparse occasion and the bands sometimes are snappy and rocking. The food is too hot for me tho! Was at a party last night and a large contingent left to go Latin dancing at Hibiscus for Latin Night.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 10:25:02 am »

Do they have a location yet?

310 E 1st St.
Pretty exciting multi-use development with loft apartments upstairs...  according to the developer this will be completed next year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org