A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:38:26 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thompson Building  (Read 5556 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« on: October 01, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »

5th & Boston:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_Building

Anyone know what's going on / who's moving in?
A lot of demolition and whatnot has been going on in the lobby / first floor for a while,
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 02:26:34 pm »

One rumor I heard was that a restaurant was going in one of the spaces.  I really hope some retail goes in there as well.  Would like to see shopping return to downtown (especially since I am putting in a shop lol)  and the more that goes in around the 5th and Boston area the better.  If as I have heard there is a restaurant going in the ONG building as well, and we get some more shopping/retail down Boston and along 5th, we will have the beginnings of quite a nice shopping/dining area in the heart of downtown.   

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:26:26 pm »

One rumor I heard was that a restaurant was going in one of the spaces.  I really hope some retail goes in there as well.  Would like to see shopping return to downtown (especially since I am putting in a shop lol)  and the more that goes in around the 5th and Boston area the better.  If as I have heard there is a restaurant going in the ONG building as well, and we get some more shopping/retail down Boston and along 5th, we will have the beginnings of quite a nice shopping/dining area in the heart of downtown.   

On the ground level or down in the basement where the current cafeteria is?
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 10:18:36 pm »

Marcus Vause, former executive chef at the recently closed Brasserie, is in the early stages of opening his own restaurant, SOCIAL Food & Drink, to be located at 624 S. Boston Ave.
Vause said the restaurant would occupy the lobby of the Oklahoma Natural Gas Co. Building, constructed in 1928 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. It is located on the northwest corner of Seventh Street and Boston Avenue.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=274&articleid=20120907_44_D3_CUTLIN490517

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 05:58:09 am »

I believe this is about the Historic ONG building, not the Oneoak building.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 06:40:18 am »

The Alamo doesn't have a basement!

hahahahaha
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:44:42 am »

I believe this is about the Historic ONG building, not the Oneoak building.

Ahhh...gotcha. My bad.
davideinstein
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 03:35:52 am »

This is one of my favorite buildings in all of downtown.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 08:23:19 am »

This is one of my favorite buildings in all of downtown.
Yep, mine too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Natural_Gas_Company_Building

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 09:47:08 am »

Wait, are we talking about the Thompsan Building or the ONG Building?

I dig both...I noticed that the first floor (where the pop up shops were) in the Thompson building is under construction. I think this thread is asking: "What is going into the first floor of the Thompson building."

A spin off contigent have mentioned that they know that a restaurant is slated for the ONG building at the other end of the block and how much they also like that building, as well, too.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 10:42:35 am »

Wait, are we talking about the Thompsan Building or the ONG Building?

I dig both...I noticed that the first floor (where the pop up shops were) in the Thompson building is under construction. I think this thread is asking: "What is going into the first floor of the Thompson building."

A spin off contigent have mentioned that they know that a restaurant is slated for the ONG building at the other end of the block and how much they also like that building, as well, too.

also
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 12:32:50 pm »

I wondering when the work s going to get underway at the vandever next door to the Thompson...

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org