A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:18:52 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Write your own Constitutional amendments  (Read 9257 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 03:24:24 pm »

Prove it. I suspect there are quite a few white folks in Kansas who haven't paid income tax since the Bush cuts and happily vote for Republicans. Wink

Prove what? I don't care which party those who pay nothing vote for. I just do not want to hear any more crap like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19v5Kjmc8FI[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 04:49:38 pm »

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, shall be drawn from those citizens who may keep and bear arms only after receiving proper military training.

Is this to say that individuals should only be able to bear arms after having military training?  If so, it's major FAIL and tramples all over the 2nd.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 04:51:29 pm »

Prove what? I don't care which party those who pay nothing vote for. I just do not want to hear any more crap like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19v5Kjmc8FI[/youtube]

Good argument for a poll tax.

Was that the sound of Ed's head exploding?  Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »

17 year olds get discriminated against. Certain felons get discriminated against. Point is, persons not paying income tax vote for the folks that will give them more money. Now, will I vote for the candidate that will vote my way? Sure. I just find it troubling that persons having no skin in the game are deciding how my skin in the game is being spent.
So it's all about money, right?  He who hath the gold rules?  17 year olds have not reached the age of majority, simply put, they are not legally adults.  Their inexperience in life is why they don't get a vote, as well as still do things like do what their parents tell them to do, follow curfew, not join the military, ect.  Felons have lost their rights.  They made a choice.  What your saying is kick those who are down, and make damn sure they don't have a say in it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 07:03:05 pm »

So it's all about money, right?  He who hath the gold rules?  17 year olds have not reached the age of majority, simply put, they are not legally adults.  Their inexperience in life is why they don't get a vote, as well as still do things like do what their parents tell them to do, follow curfew, not join the military, ect.  Felons have lost their rights.  They made a choice.  What your saying is kick those who are down, and make damn sure they don't have a say in it.

Not kicking them while their down, but perhaps inspiring them to get off the government (I mean, taxpayer) dole. If that means people have to move where the jobs are, so be it. Those women in that video I posted was my inspiration. That last moron canceled out my vote.

And again, this thread is about hypotheticals.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 07:26:14 pm »

Not kicking them while their down, but perhaps inspiring them to get off the government (I mean, taxpayer) dole. If that means people have to move where the jobs are, so be it. Those women in that video I posted was my inspiration. That last moron canceled out my vote.

And again, this thread is about hypotheticals.
You act like everyone that is down on their luck have a way out.  It's not always that cut and dry.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 07:36:36 pm »

You act like everyone that is down on their luck have a way out.  It's not always that cut and dry.

I gave them two years to get out. Shocked

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 07:40:34 pm »

Was that the sound of Ed's head exploding?  Shocked

I love the Poll tax. Helps keep failures from foisting their skill set/belief structure on the rest of us. Things would be so much better if I was the only person allowed to vote....

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 08:10:57 pm »

I agree with custosnox.

There are many reasons why people are poor and many of them are not completely because they haven't tried hard enough. Half the people you know have a less than average IQ. Many circumstances can cause an unlucky person to spiral into debt, unemployment, and homelessness.

I know some of these people. You know some of these people. They are part of our society. I believe I live in a country that has amazing wealth and power and I like that my country can take care of the disadvantaged.  I when I say my country. I mean our churches, our non-profits, and even our government. I am willing to pay a little more in taxes to the government to make it work.

I know you get it guido. You served in our military to protect all Americans and not just rich Americans. You have given generously to the Food Bank and inspired me to give more to them. You may write like Scrooge, but we know deep down you have the giving spirit.

We all want them to get off the government dole. No one disputes that. But we can afford it if we spend less elsewhere.

These are the percentages of the Obama budget this year by category...

National defense operations  7.89%
Other National defense   7.22%
Military personnel   4.16%
Veteran's benefits   3.22%

Unemployment compensation  2.52%
Education and job training  2.77%
Housing assistance   1.22%
Student financial aid  0.58%  

Military spending by the United States in 2010 was $687 Billion. The United States was number one. Number two through 20 spent less than that combined.

(in order of spending) China, France, United Kingdom, Russia, Japan, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Italy, India, Brazil, South Korea, Canada, Australia, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Israel, Netherlands and Greece combined spent less than the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Spend a little less on military stuff and we can afford to take care of all Americans. Spend even less on war and we could afford to lower you taxes.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 08:29:14 pm »

Was that the sound of Ed's head exploding?  Shocked

My head hasn't exploded since the Reagan administration, when Ronald Reagan substantially raised taxes after campaigning on reducing them.  That's been quietly forgotten in order to canonize him.

So Guido is OK with establishing a monarchy if he gets to be king?  Sorry, G, but you're not even in the running:

Gotta watch my blood pressure....

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 10:08:57 pm »

I love the Poll tax. Helps keep failures from foisting their skill set/belief structure on the rest of us. Things would be so much better if I was the only person allowed to vote....

Pole tax?  Does that mean I'd have to leave an extra quarter for each transaction at Night Tri.....what, what?  Oh, 'poll tax'.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 10:09:55 pm »

My head hasn't exploded since the Reagan administration, when Ronald Reagan substantially raised taxes after campaigning on reducing them.  That's been quietly forgotten in order to canonize him.

So Guido is OK with establishing a monarchy if he gets to be king?  Sorry, G, but you're not even in the running:

Gotta watch my blood pressure....

Gotta watch my weakness for gingers....especially as it relates to Gillian...  Shocked

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »

Gotta watch my weakness for gingers....especially as it relates to Gillian...  Shocked
I don't know why, but for some odd reason, the use of ginger to describe a really hot red head just irritates me...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 10:37:54 pm »

I don't know why, but for some odd reason, the use of ginger to describe a really hot red head just irritates me...

I use it to describe redheads in general.  Lighten up, Francis.   Grin

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, 10:39:15 pm »

I use it to describe redheads in general.  Lighten up, Francis.   Grin
DON'T... CALL... ME... FRANCIS.  It's Psycho
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org