A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:09 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Hate Best Buy  (Read 22889 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 11:42:46 pm »

Hey, for us poor folks, five bucks is five bucks. 

I know you. You ain't "poor" in heart Give yourself some credit as you have much more drive in your heart than me and my heart (and as aox). With that said, come on. I have $500 in my hand to buy a damned high speed laser printer and I have to F'ing wait while some one bickers over five damned bucks at a Best Buy? Even the Best Buy consumer guy I complained to had to question that practice. That cheapskate saved 5 damned dollars and rolled her cheap donkey eyes when I made it known she was causing a delay because she scored a $5 save. Ignoring of course that Best Buy lost about $500  in a purchase, plus losing all of my future business that in the last 45 days was near 3,000, because wet nursing her over damned nickles was more important than me paying cash while I was in hurry to pick up my son. And the "manager" I spoke with told me that the reason for the only two lanes one of which I was in, was a mistake. After I b!tched that pussy and smart assedly tool hoped I had a "Merry Christmas" (in a dooshy and condescending way) as I walked out the front door. I told him to F himself and heard nothing more. I have a complaint with Best Buy management. HOSS and COLIN: Would you take that? I am going tomorrow to take their pictures to post here and on facebook.

I called to complain to corporate. I want the money I could have earned back. This is 40 minutes of my hourly rate. The dude I talked to new my real first name that I never gave it when I called to b!tch (ne looked me up).

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 11:48:04 pm »

I know you. You ain't "poor" in heart Give yourself some credit as you have much more drive in your heart than me and my heart (and as aox). With that said, come on. I have $500 in my hand to buy a damned high speed laser printer and I have to F'ing wait while some one bickers over five damned bucks at a Best Buy? Even the Best Buy consumer guy I complained to had to question that practice. That cheapskate saved 5 damned dollars and rolled her cheap donkey eyes when I made it known she was causing a delay because she scored a $5 save. Ignoring of course that Best Buy lost about $500  in a purchase, plus losing all of my future business that in the last 45 days was near 3,000, because wet nursing her over damned nickles was more important than me paying cash while I was in hurry to pick up my son. And the "manager" I spoke with told me that the reason for the only two lanes one of which I was in, was a mistake. After I b!tched that pussy and smart assedly tool hoped I had a "Merry Christmas" (in a dooshy and condescending way) as I walked out the front door. I told him to F himself and heard nothing more. I have a complaint with Best Buy management. HOSS and COLIN: Would you take that? I am going tomorrow to take their pictures to post here and on facebook.

I called to complain to corporate. I want the money I could have earned back. This is 40 minutes of my hourly rate. The dude I talked to new my real first name that I never gave it when I called to b!tch (ne looked me up).

Sit down, relax, have a Marshall's.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 03:54:05 am »

Sit down, relax, have a Marshall's.
+1

And as for the poor comment, I had to defend it because I've been eyeballing coupons lately.  But I have to weigh the time spent collecting them and money saved.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 07:15:26 am »

So you work how you play?

But yes, I hate Best Buy too. My only transactions with them are online or done in the fastest manner possible with the least interaction with the staff.

Had a kid try to explain to me how "60HZ is actually the best" for a LED TV.  I told him that he needed to go "help" someone else.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 08:48:24 am »

Had a kid try to explain to me how "60HZ is actually the best" for a LED TV.  I told him that he needed to go "help" someone else.

Kind of like the Lowe's of electronics, aren't they? 

I carry a checkbook most of the time.  And every once in a great while, will pay half check/half credit card.  But only when there is a very long line behind me.  It's fun to tweak once in a while....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 08:51:09 am »

I try to exercise patience best I can when dealing with clerks and CSR's.  For one thing, I NEVER go in a place like Best Buy when I'm in a hurry and have to be somewhere.  Secondly, if I got tied up where it looked like it might be 10-15 minutes with only two customers in front of me, I'd march over to the customer service desk and get them to tab me out.

I understand your frustration, but did having an ugly confrontation with the manager really accomplish anything other than raising your blood pressure?  If it were me, and there was no way to get checked out, I'd leave the printer on the ground and walk out, never to return.  I wouldn't even bother with explaining to anyone how they just effed up and lost my business for a life-time.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 08:58:06 am »

I try to exercise patience best I can when dealing with clerks and CSR's.  For one thing, I NEVER go in a place like Best Buy when I'm in a hurry and have to be somewhere.  Secondly, if I got tied up where it looked like it might be 10-15 minutes with only two customers in front of me, I'd march over to the customer service desk and get them to tab me out.

I understand your frustration, but did having an ugly confrontation with the manager really accomplish anything other than raising your blood pressure?  If it were me, and there was no way to get checked out, I'd leave the printer on the ground and walk out, never to return.  I wouldn't even bother with explaining to anyone how they just effed up and lost my business for a life-time.

You can do what I did.  I wasn't really in a hurry, but I made my point AND got a free item out of the deal.

Couple of weeks ago, I went there (BB) to purchase a Kindle Fire.  Wanted one.  So the girl got one out of the cabinet, but took me to the Geek Squad help desk at the front (I went to the midtown BB) with a piece of paper included.  I assume this was to try and get me to purchase the extra warranty.

So, while I wait, and wait (because a guy is in front of me trying to get helped with a computer issue) I start asking why it's taking so long without much of an answer.  So finally, when this kid (yes, couldn't have been much more than 20) finally gets to me, to his credit, he is very apologetic.  I ask why I can't just check this out in the main lines.  He says something along the lines of "well, they don't know our warranty services and other things very well".  I told him I didn't want any of that, and told the girl who retrieved the item the same thing.  By this point I'm getting a little perturbed, as I've waited now about 10 minutes behind this guy with the broken HP laptop (go figure LOL).

Finally, when they get to me, I tell him look just forget it.  He stops me with the 'what can we do to make this right' dialogue.

A light goes off in my head.

So, for my trouble, for the cost of a Kindle Fire, I got the Fire, plus a 40 dollar case for it.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 09:20:41 am »

Ahhh. The customer is alway's right.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 09:34:33 am »

Ahhh. The customer is alway's right.

Too bad a lot in the service industry have lost that.  I worked in the CS department at my current job and always tried to go above and beyond.  It's amazing though what middle/upper management consider 'Customer Service'....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 10:06:21 am »

Couple of weeks ago, I went there (BB) to purchase a Kindle Fire.  Wanted one.  So the girl got one out of the cabinet, but took me to the Geek Squad help desk at the front (I went to the midtown BB) with a piece of paper included.  I assume this was to try and get me to purchase the extra warranty.

They did exactly the same thing when I bought a notebook last year; a 10-minute purchased dragged on for 30-40 minutes because I had to go through the upsell gauntlet.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 10:33:54 am »

Too bad a lot in the service industry have lost that.  I worked in the CS department at my current job and always tried to go above and beyond.  It's amazing though what middle/upper management consider 'Customer Service'....

I generally call them the "Customer Lack of Service Department".  They appear to serve mainly as insulation of Corporate Management from customers.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 10:47:16 am »

Even at Christmas, they are trying so hard to keep labor costs down that they are oblivious to the sales being lost. I no longer work at Office Depot and I am sure the devil's disciples run their corporate offices who then hire the dumbest managers they can find, but...they did understand the concept of short lines and multiple cashiers. Their policy was that their should never be more than two people waiting in line. The managers were constantly on watch for that and would call up any available personnel to man the extra cash registers. If none available the managers were required to step in.

Unfortunately they were all required to upsell or be damned which slowed the lines down because the stockers, furniture rep, copy shop folks were just not great cashiers or salespeople.

I agree with Guido. When we saw a guy waiting in line with a high dollar item, they got treated with respect and speed or someone's butt got chewed. Most big ticket buyers are pretty demanding anyway, but when they're also a lawyer.....

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 11:09:27 am »

Aside from a bar/restaurant or grocery I'm losing any want to go to a brick and mortar.

Lots of free shipping right now too.

My issue with customer service is:

Me - "Where is this product?

Them - (pointing) "Over there"

Me - "Why don't you come with me and show me?"

Them - (with a look of disappointment starts to walk and again points down the aisle)

Me - "It's just a few more feet.  I've looked there.  Why don't you show me?"

Them - (walks half way down the aisle and points where I've looked)  "at the end of the aisle"  (Starts to walk off)

Me - (Hands cupped around my mouth and using my big boy voice) "Where exactly are you thinking this is?"  (Other customers and employees now looking at me like I'm a loon)

Them - (walks begrudgingly back and looks at the spot and says)  "Huh, we might be out."

Good for him.  Good for me.  Hell, good for all of us.

This happened the other night at the Woodland Hills Toys R Us while I was doing the Angel Tree thing.  Don't go to that Toys R Us.  It's a hole.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 11:11:41 am »

Aside from a bar/restaurant or grocery I'm losing any want to go to a brick and mortar.

Lots of free shipping right now too.

My issue with customer service is:

Me - "Where is this product?

Them - (pointing) "Over there"

Me - "Why don't you come with me and show me?"

Them - (with a look of disappointment starts to walk and again points down the aisle)

Me - "It's just a few more feet.  I've looked there.  Why don't you show me?"

Them - (walks half way down the aisle and points where I've looked)  "at the end of the aisle"  (Starts to walk off)

Me - (Hands cupped around my mouth and using my big boy voice) "Where exactly are you thinking this is?"  (Other customers and employees now looking at me like I'm a loon)

Them - (walks begrudgingly back and looks at the spot and says)  "Huh, we might be out."

Good for him.  Good for me.  Hell, good for all of us.

This happened the other night at the Woodland Hills Toys R Us while I was doing the Angel Tree thing.  Don't go to that Toys R Us.  It's a hole.

Just remember to pay your use tax. Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 11:16:47 am »

Just remember to pay your use tax. Wink

Use the easy option, just a small percentage of your Oklahoma AGI.  No muss, no fuss, just one quick multiplication even if you are not using Turbo Tax.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org