A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:15:55 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Hate Best Buy  (Read 22979 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: December 15, 2011, 04:58:36 pm »

Will the most passion I can muster. Laziest asses in business. And to that grizzled, thousand year old, nobody pays with both a check and credit card.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »

Will the most passion I can muster. Laziest asses in business. And to that grizzled, thousand year old, nobody pays with both a check and credit card.

I detect age discrimination event here!  How many in your office are over 30 (besides yourself)??

But, yeah, on the initial premise, Best Buy kind of sucks, mostly!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 05:39:26 pm »

Eh, they're not that bad. Their pricing usually sucks, though. Reward Zone gamer's club used to be great, but they canned it earlier this year. Between that and their screwing me out of RZ silver this year, I don't give them much business any more.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 06:13:12 pm »

You guys need a Fry's Electronics.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 06:13:55 pm »

I detect age discrimination event here!  How many in your office are over 30 (besides yourself)??

But, yeah, on the initial premise, Best Buy kind of sucks, mostly!

I work from home and by myself. I discriminate against me all the time.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 06:53:54 pm »

I work from home and by myself. I discriminate against me all the time.

So you work how you play?

But yes, I hate Best Buy too. My only transactions with them are online or done in the fastest manner possible with the least interaction with the staff.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 07:02:10 pm »

And to that grizzled, thousand year old, nobody pays with both a check and credit card.

Any chance he tried to pay using a credit card and it was out of his normal pattern of spending so the transaction was rejected?  He then paid by check?

It happened to me when I bought a laptop computer centuries ago.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 07:24:08 pm »

You guys need a Fry's Electronics.

Yes, that would be fantastic. CompUSA was OK, but is a pale imitation of Fry's. If not Fry's, I would be OK with a Micro Center, which is nearly as good.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 08:24:01 pm »

Meh, between Newegg and tigerdirect, I pretty much got my electronics covered
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 08:35:31 pm »

Meh, between Newegg and tigerdirect, I pretty much got my electronics covered

TigerDirect can bite me. (ironically, the wholesale division is fantastic) Newegg has by far the best website, but Amazon is so much better to deal with.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 09:31:47 pm »

Any chance he tried to pay using a credit card and it was out of his normal pattern of spending so the transaction was rejected?  He then paid by check?

It happened to me when I bought a laptop computer centuries ago.

I don't think so. First, how many of us walk around with a checkbook in our pocket? Second, from my observation from about five feet away it looked like his plan was to pay for part of his purchase by check, then use his credit card (or gift card?) for the rest. My equally bigger b!tch was the next woman who clearly was an extreme "couponer" trying to save five damned bucks on some small change sh!t. She saved five bucks, Best Buy lost $500 from me. Great business plan.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 09:54:57 pm »

I don't think so. First, how many of us walk around with a checkbook in our pocket? Second, from my observation from about five feet away it looked like his plan was to pay for part of his purchase by check, then use his credit card (or gift card?) for the rest. My equally bigger b!tch was the next woman who clearly was an extreme "couponer" trying to save five damned bucks on some small change sh!t. She saved five bucks, Best Buy lost $500 from me. Great business plan.
Hey, for us poor folks, five bucks is five bucks. 
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:19 pm »

Great business plan.

I thought their business plan was fantastic when it involved them selling me a $300 racing wheel for about ten bucks and giving me free video games in exchange for buying $5,000 worth of appliances for $3,000, which was a bare smidge over wholesale, financed at no interest for a year and a half. (oh, the days before the credit crunch) I guess they thought they'd make it up on accessories? Who the heck buys a Monster power strip for their fridge?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:09:10 pm by nathanm » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 10:16:36 pm »

I thought Best Buy went to a single queue/multiple server system at this time of year.

I always pick the wrong line wherever I shop.  A few days ago I got in line behind a woman that wanted to learn about the difference between a gift card and a reloadable VISA debit card at WalMart and the fees involved.   I was unhappy.

I don't remember why but I had my check book on my person when I bought that laptop.

If that credit card was actually a gift card, what he was doing makes sense.  Use up the gift card completely.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 11:11:47 pm »

I guess they thought they'd make it up on accessories in volume?

Or the markup on some of that stuff is like the markup on jewelry and clothing.  50% off, buy one - get 2 free........

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org