A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:52:19 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Pearl" an area that will go down in History as a turning point in Tulsa  (Read 243534 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2012, 11:13:50 am »

Food truck court soon coming to Pearl District

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/food-truck-court-coming-to-pearl-district-soon

TULSA - Mitch Neely and Phillip Phillips both have individual plans to open up their own food trucks. But they’re working together to open up the first and only food truck court in Tulsa.
“They’re popular in other cities like Austin and Portland and I said why not Tulsa,” Neely said. “A lot of people like food in Tulsa.”
A vacant lot on 6th Street and South Quincy Avenue will soon be a one-stop shop for foodies. They hope to have four trucks parked there daily all offering different menus.
Phillips said he hopes to have a miniature 6th Street like in Austin.
“It was my first introduction to food truck eateries,” he said. “There were 5 trucks on the lot with parking benches. It was a fun atmosphere, everyday you could go in there, there was something fun and exciting. The trucks would rotate so you’d have something new every couple of weeks. ”
Phillips, a musician, is trading his instruments for something he’s also naturally talented in, cooking. His Lone Wolf Banh mi truck will specialize in Vietnamese cuisine.
“I have a background in Asian cooking,” Phillips said.  “We started trying some different recipes and discovered we can make a pretty incredible banh mi. ”
Neely, a former accountant will specialize in gourmet burgers, wraps and BBQ tacos among other things. His Grub Truck has a health inspection in a few days and he’ll be ready to hit the road with his new business endeavor.
“I’ve been looking for restaurants in town and I found this was a cheaper way to do it,” Neely said.
The two will depend on social media to help their customers keep up with their daily stops around the city. You can follow Neely on Twitter at @GrubTruckTulsa and Phillips @lonewolfbanhmi.
Both have worked at local restaurants and say they hope to change the negative perception people have about food trucks.
“We have the same health standards as a restaurant. You’ll just be able to get it with no pretension here and at a cheaper price,” Phillips said.
The food trucks are set to open in the next few weeks.

Read more: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/food-truck-court-coming-to-pearl-district-soon#ixzz2098xTN00
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 11:42:10 am »

I dig this ^
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 12:36:18 pm »

I think it’s a very cool idea and a good way for competent chefs to have a successful business without the high overhead of a fixed spot somewhere.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
joiei
City Father

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:24 am »

Plus they will be about 5 blocks from Lola's Airstream trailer.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 01:05:20 pm »

I've visited the Food Trailer Park in Austin on South Congress.  Great idea for Tulsa and in typical fashion about 4-5 years behind.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 02:18:09 pm »

I heard that there will be a public education period on Form Based CODES before a final decision is made. I bet they wont reach the audiance that needs the education.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

I heard that there will be a public education period on Form Based CODES before a final decision is made. I bet they wont reach the audiance that needs the education.

Indeed. I seriously doubt the people who think that form based codes mean they have to move another family into their house, pave over their front lawn, build a second house in their back yard, and run over their dog with their SUV on the way to take it to the junk yard so they can ride the bus from now on will bother to investigate the thing they're upset about.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 07:01:20 pm »

Indeed. I seriously doubt the people who think that form based codes mean they have to move another family into their house, pave over their front lawn, build a second house in their back yard, and run over their dog with their SUV on the way to take it to the junk yard so they can ride the bus from now on will bother to investigate the thing they're upset about.

You are sounding almost as depressing as a lot of Country songs.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 08:41:21 pm »

You are sounding almost as depressing as a lot of Country songs.

Irrational fears are the basis of about half of all the country songs ever written, so I'm not surprised.  Tongue

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 09:03:48 pm »

Irrational fears are the basis of about half of all the country songs ever written, so I'm not surprised.  Tongue

Some people I know lead lives about like a country song.  They must be the other half with rational fears.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2012, 09:35:14 am »

What happens when you play a country song backwards?

You get your wife back, the trailer home back, your job back, and your dog comes back home to the trailer park.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 07:34:59 am »

Last night's education meeting was lively.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2012, 07:42:25 am »

Last night's education meeting was lively.

How so?

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2012, 07:45:05 am »

How so?

People didn't get educated and much as mad
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2012, 03:42:35 pm »

People didn't get educated and much as mad

We're so boned.  The agressively ignorant rednecks in this town are the one's really in charge.  Most of the time they aren't looking, so we get our hopes up that things might change.  Then they swoop in just in time to stop anything from happening.  It's the way this burg works.

I know, I'm just a little ray of sunshine.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org