A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:20:59 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God's Quarterback  (Read 55154 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 05:03:15 pm »

I think I need to go repent. Guido has just informed me that I cannot be a Christian and a democrat. It must be ultra horrid that I see myself as a mixture of both parties.

Silly little heathen I am.

Been trying to tell you....

Hey, .... just sayin'...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 05:14:37 pm »

intended for anyone who has forgotten   
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 10:00:14 pm »

So when do you decide that a Christian is not a Christian?  What are the boundaries?  Is there a line that suddenly makes someone not a Christian?  Can the line be stepped back over?

I am not the judge of who is a Christian or not. As a devout Catholic, I cannot under any circumstance support abortion rights or the death penalty. If you want to have this debate, we can. You, Hoss, and others tell me; how can one be a Christian and support killing our fellow man in my aforementioned prescribed manner?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:42 pm »

OK guido, tell me how evangelicals can support candidate Rick Perry for President?

While in Texas, he put in an express lane on death row.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 10:18:04 pm »

OK guido, tell me how evangelicals can support candidate Rick Perry for President?

While in Texas, he put in an express lane on death row.

Why should I answer for the opinions/beliefs of "evangelicals" who support the death penalty. I merely expressed my own beliefs. Tell me if you, YOU, support abortion rights, how do you reconcile that?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:21:58 pm by guido911 » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 10:26:09 pm »

Why should I answer for the opinions/beliefs of "evangelicals" who support the death penalty. I merely expressed my own beliefs. Tell me if you, YOU, support abortion rights.

What a huge double standard! You told him that by being a member of a certain political party, of which some of its members support certain issues, that he also supported those issues by default. But, when the same thing happens to you that logic is voided and you completely dismiss it.

By your own logic, you support the death penalty, are against abortion, are racist, hate taxes, hate Obama, and are a member of the KKK, among other things. Also by your logic, RM hates Jesus, supports abortion, wants to raise taxes, supports the death penalty, among other things.

Are you seeing the flaw?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 12:25:11 am »

What a huge double standard! You told him that by being a member of a certain political party, of which some of its members support certain issues, that he also supported those issues by default. But, when the same thing happens to you that logic is voided and you completely dismiss it.
By your own logic, you support the death penalty, are against abortion, are racist, hate taxes, hate Obama, and are a member of the KKK, among other things. Also by your logic, RM hates Jesus, supports abortion, wants to raise taxes, supports the death penalty, among other things.

Are you seeing the flaw?
I said "far left" people and made no mention of political parties. I am A Catholic, before a husband and father or, gulp, a conservative. How about you? And, the notion that some high schooler calls me out in this forum is laughable. Get a college and post degree and then lecture me on flaws.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 06:54:23 am »

I said "far left" people and made no mention of political parties. I am A Catholic, before a husband and father or, gulp, a conservative. How about you? And, the notion that some high schooler calls me out in this forum is laughable. Get a college and post degree and then lecture me on flaws.

It does not take a specialized degree in anything to understand simple logic. And once again you're pointing out my age. It's always a huge concern of yours. I understand that I have not "experienced as much in the world as you," but it doesn't mean that I can't be an intelligent human being and participate in a discussion.

Your opinion is your opinion, and little that I write on here is going to change that. I just wish that you could sometimes admit your own flaws, instead of going on the defensive.

Now back to the topic, kind of:

I've always liked Tebow. He is what to me seems to be the perfect image of a true Christian. He loves God, but does not go around preaching hate or condemning others. He may not be the best quarter back in the NFL, but I like him and respect him.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 07:19:36 am »

I am A Catholic, ...

Then by your logic you must be in favor Priests fondling altar boys.

Of course, you are not.

Even though the Catholic Church turned it's eyes on the charges (it was documented that almost 4,400 Priests and Deacons were engaged in sexual abuse with a minor), clearly the vast majority of Catholics do not tolerate that behavior.

Believe it or not, there are Catholics who are democrats. There are democrats against abortions. And most surprising to you, there are atheist football fans who cheer for Tim Tebow. They don't care is he gives credit to God, the referees, or his offensive line. They are just happy he helped their favorite team win.

Power is nothing till you use it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 08:42:21 am »

What does God need with a quarterback? I think God would prefer a strong defense...where is God's linebacker?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 09:05:44 am »

Why should I answer for the opinions/beliefs of "evangelicals" who support the death penalty. I merely expressed my own beliefs. Tell me if you, YOU, support abortion rights, how do you reconcile that?

Redirection alert;
He didn't ask you to answer for them, he asked how you can support them given your belief system.

I hate abortion.  Have known too many - even one is too many - who have had them and it can be (usually is?) devastating.  And it is between the woman and her creator, in whatever form she believes in.

But what is worse is the government trying to interfere with that person and her doctor.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 09:53:07 am »

Redirection alert;
He didn't ask you to answer for them, he asked how you can support them given your belief system.

I hate abortion.  Have known too many - even one is too many - who have had them and it can be (usually is?) devastating.  And it is between the woman and her creator, in whatever form she believes in.

But what is worse is the government trying to interfere with that person and her doctor.

And it's really ironic.  For all the 'keep the government out of everything' that the right spews, it's OK when it comes down to that horrible choice a woman must make (abortion) or forcing someone to stay on life support (Schiavo anyone).

A little hypocritical if you ask me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 10:09:35 am »

I am a Lutheran. We consider ourselves "reformed" Catholics Grin  I like Tebow as a football player, I don't like how he is being treated as a Christian. He can handle it though.

It should be pointed out that Jesus understood the differing roles that government (Caesar) and his followers should take. Reproductive rights extend to all Americans and should not be tampered with by government. If you don't believe that truism then be prepared that the same government you gave that power to, may decide that other issues of reproduction need to be controlled as well. You may be required by law to limit both quantity and sex of your children.

Guido, where does the Catholic church stand regarding war? The ultimate violation of innocent lives. The Catholic church stepped aside in Nazi Germany. When the Allies dropped firebombs on civilians in Dresden or incinerated Japanese children in Hiroshima, did the church object? Did devout Christians and good Catholics support these things?

If so how are they any different than one who abhors abortion but refuses to give up those rights to the government?

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 10:37:57 am »

I am a Lutheran. We consider ourselves "reformed" Catholics Grin 

Have anything to do with Martin Luther (of Germany) many years ago?

Cheesy

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 10:42:01 am »

Have anything to do with Martin Luther (of Germany) many years ago?

Cheesy

Yes. The original Protestant whose dying words were reputed to be, "the Pope is the devil". I can't agree or disagree with his remark about that Pope. This one seems okay though.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org