A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:30:45 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Anthony's BBQ  (Read 13980 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 09:04:34 am »

Doing competition BBQ or even being the best barbequer in your neighborhood is one thing, understanding how to manage a restaurant is entirely another.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 09:05:52 am »

Doing competition BBQ or even being the best barbequer in your neighborhood is one thing, understanding how to manage a restaurant is entirely another.

+1

It's all about process mgmt. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 09:15:32 am »

Most people do not realize that backyard bbq is different from restaurant bbq which is different from competition bbq.
What I do at home is not what I am looking for when I go to a restaurant and not what is presented to me when I am judging.   

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 10:01:19 am »

What I do at home is not what I am looking for when I go to a restaurant and not what is presented to me when I am judging.   

Exactly.  If I can do it the same or better at home, what's the point?

Likewise, whatever my family or friends rave about that I pull off the smoker might taste like Alpo to you.  I had hoped I'd have time to judge at AOB this year since they put out a cattle call for judges.  I'd love to learn some of the finer points of judging and how you can apply a set of objective judging  guidelines for something as subjective as BBQ.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 10:05:24 am »

Most people do not realize that backyard bbq is different from restaurant bbq which is different from competition bbq.

Now that's just upsetting. I thought I was the bomb diggity backyard BBQ king. Now I have to rethink the whole thing.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 11:02:42 am »

Now that's just upsetting. I thought I was the bomb diggity backyard BBQ king. Now I have to rethink the whole thing.

No, that would be me...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org