A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:50:48 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas lights around town  (Read 13019 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: December 03, 2011, 08:10:02 pm »

Tonight on the way home I saw several homes decorated for the holidays.  Two places are 41st and Lewis and 31st east of Utica.   

Where else is the great lights around town that are done by homeowners. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 09:38:30 pm »

Tonight on the way home I saw several homes decorated for the holidays.  Two places are 41st and Lewis and 31st east of Utica.   

I am in the process of dropping some serious money on decorating my house. I'll post some photos once it's done. Taking 2 days to put up.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:56:52 pm »

Sheridan and Yale from about 91st to 111th.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:51:37 am »

There was a house just east of 107th and Memorial that had an unbelievable amount of lights. The man did it for his passed daughter and had a sign that said "For Tracey". Does anybody know if he still does this display?

Here are links...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barnezy/3196026097/

http://www.tackylighttour.com/lights/10708_S_87_E_Ave
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:56:32 am by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 05:01:18 pm »

I think there are a bunch of gated communities in that area.  Do they leave the gates open this time of year for a while in the evening for people to cruise around looking at the lights?

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 07:59:37 pm »

I think there are a bunch of gated communities in that area.  Do they leave the gates open this time of year for a while in the evening for people to cruise around looking at the lights?
Anytime we have ever gone looking at lights we could never get into the gated communities, and always cussed out the "elitists" who feel their better than everyone else and have to separate themselves from the rest of the world by being in a gated community.  And now I'm in one... go figure.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 09:35:54 pm »

Anytime we have ever gone looking at lights we could never get into the gated communities, and always cussed out the "elitists" who feel their better than everyone else and have to separate themselves from the rest of the world by being in a gated community.  And now I'm in one... go figure.
Elitist scum bag... Grin. Occupy custosnox!!!

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:36:30 pm »

Went down 41st from west to east, Yale to Lewis.  Just turned down every side street that looked like there were some houses with lights.  Very nice drive.  Also one in BA, south on 129th between 81st and 91st (I think I remember just north of 91st).  Nice neighborhood, with one right inside the addition that is bigger than the rest.  Also, a Marine Corp Toys for Tots sign and they are requesting toy donations.   (I don't know them, so don't hold my solicitation for toys against them for theirs!)  It's a nice display.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:20:35 pm »

This is the first year that I have not went all out at the house. The kid's are all bigger now and 300 dollar electric bills in the winter just kind of made up my mind for me. I still enjoy seeing the homes lit up around town.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:53 pm »

This is the first year that I have not went all out at the house. The kid's are all bigger now and 300 dollar electric bills in the winter just kind of made up my mind for me. I still enjoy seeing the homes lit up around town.

The idea of 5 month old kittens experiencing their first Christmas tree is keeping the decorating to a minimum this year.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 06:52:38 pm »

And now I'm in one... go figure.

I'm sorry.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 07:48:54 am »

Especially Sheridan.  The neighborhood on the West side of the street!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 09:09:23 am »

thanks for the recommendations,  I will be out tonight to see the lights.  Sheridan and Yale,  that means I will be driving to almost dallas, no big deal.   

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 09:13:09 am »

thanks for the recommendations,  I will be out tonight to see the lights.  Sheridan and Yale,  that means I will be driving to almost dallas, no big deal.   

Take 169 and exit on Memorial.  Head north towards 81st.  Stop at Top That! Pizza (on 83rd) for dinner first!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 11:09:27 am »

Take 169 and exit on Memorial.  Head north towards 81st.  Stop at Top That! Pizza (on 83rd) for dinner first!
Actually I was thinking more of The Tropical.   From the folks who brought us Lanna Thai.   http://www.thetropicaltulsa.com/menu/dinnermenu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org