A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:15:09 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boom-a-Rang Dinner - Owasso  (Read 6465 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: December 01, 2011, 08:18:54 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 13720 E. 86th St.  Owasso, OK
Date/Time of Visit: 12/1/11  12:30pm
Quality of Food (1-5):1/2
Menu/Food Options (1-5):3
Quality of Service (1-5):3
Atmosphere (1-5):2
Overall Rating (1-5): 1
Price ($-$$$$$):$ You can get a burger basket for $4.99.
What makes this restaurant unique: They serve breakfast all day. 

This was a waste of time.   A new dinner opened in Owasso where the Steak-To-Go (which we really liked) used to be.  Had lunch there today and was under whelmed.   The menu is the typical dinner fare, burgers, chicken fried steak, breakfast served all day. 

The wife had a foot long coney and onion rings, I had an open face hot hamburger.   As of 7pm tonight the coney was still repeating on my wife, she thinks it was a can of Hormel Chili on her coney.  She also had onion rings, they were ok (I took a bit) but nothing special.   

I had an open face hot hamburger with fries, it had very little gravy. The cole slaw was good, but I had a strange metallic taste in my mouth afterwards and I ran by the house after lunch to brush my teeth.

The service was fine, the waitress was friendly and attentive.  The food was promptly served.     
However, I recommend you avoid The Boom-a-rang Dinner.   It's cheap chow that taste cheap.  We will not be back. 

Trust but verify
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:44:01 pm »

Sounds like they are just re-heating canned and bagged food.  I'm rarely up that way, but thanks for the warning.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
joiei
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 09:06:39 am »

Is that the same company that has places in Okmulgee and Wagoner?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:42:13 pm »

Is that the same company that has places in Okmulgee and Wagoner?

Yes and many other locations.............. http://boomarangdiner.com/locations.php

Trust but verify
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 03:50:14 pm »

My family has been there twice and enjoyed it.
Coney's, burgers, pancakes, eggs, bacon, O-rings, fries... All good!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 03:55:01 pm »

Maybe GG ate there on a day when they were putting cyanide in the food.  Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:33 pm »

Maybe GG ate there on a day when they were putting cyanide in the food.  Shocked

A good new diner in the Owasso area is "Mom's Diner" up at German Corner (in the old Huddle House location)

Great diner food.   I will be having breakfast there tomorrow and I will write a review.   Have had lunch and breakfast there a couple of times over the last 6-8 weeks.

Trust but verify
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org