A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:57:25 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a new recliner... where do I go?  (Read 6750 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: November 20, 2011, 12:59:53 pm »

Where are good places to shop for recliners in town?  Essentially my wife wants one, and I want to get her one for Xmas.

I hate the cartel that is Mathis Brothers.  They own most of the stores in town, regardless of what name the store is operated under.  They simply won't deal with you (they told me they own the brand I was looking at for a dining room table and if I wanted to get a better deal I could drive to Kansas, or pay what they.  it was $600 cheaper in Kansas, almost wanted to do it out of spite) and have crappy customer service (the same table, which I paid full price for, came dinged up.  Their solution:  disassemble it, rent a truck, and bring it here and we will exchange it for you).  But they have the best selection on recliners I can find...

Where else do I need to go to put butts in seats and find a good recliner.  One I sink into and almost can't help fallin asleep.

This is the one I want.

http://www.mathisbrothers.com/living-room-furniture/recliners/lazboy-gibson-java-leather-rocker-recliner/lzb-10/563-lb975378

http://www.slumberland.com/furniture/products/la-z-boy-gibson-collection---java-rocker-recliner__5639514

Ideas?  Reviews of places? Don't forget, I'm cheap... but I don't want to buy crap that falls apart in 3 years (that's not being cheap, it's being stupid).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:35:36 pm »

I know the department stores carry such things. JC Penney even has great sales sometimes. I'm never terribly enthusiastic about shoveling more money into an out of town corporate maw, but the sale prices are good and the stuff I've bought there has lasted reasonably well. There's a place on 41st in that shopping center to the west of Panera Bread that has some pretty nice stuff.

io Metro at 51st and Sheridan has a lot of great pieces of furniture and there are a bunch of nice people working there (although the company is out of Little Rock, IIRC), but their prices are..unfriendly at best.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 01:36:39 pm »

I used to do the ads for Snow's Furniture. They had a great selection of Lazyboys and could order whatever you wanted. They sold more lazyboys than anyone. Lower overhead too so the prices were competitive. I don't know about the new ownership but its worth a try.

Otherwise, like Nathan says, JC Penney Homestore is good. Or go to OKC. Mathis is not dominant there.

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:59:49 pm »

I used to do the ads for Snow's Furniture. They had a great selection of Lazyboys and could order whatever you wanted. They sold more lazyboys than anyone. Lower overhead too so the prices were competitive. I don't know about the new ownership but its worth a try.

Otherwise, like Nathan says, JC Penney Homestore is good. Or go to OKC. Mathis is not dominant there.

I quit shopping at Mathis because of the predatory sales people that work there. I cannot go to look around in that place with being hounded. That is partly the reason I buy cars from the same two people--avoid the car lot harassment. Let me know what you wind up doing. I need to furnish a media room, library, and guest room soon.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 10:46:37 pm »

I need to furnish a media room, library, and guest room soon.

So did you get the "new" house or are you re-doing the old place?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 04:43:06 pm »

So did you get the "new" house or are you re-doing the old place?

Oh I'm moving Red. Our new home either will already have, or is going to have, those features. We got real used to a media room and library in this house, just never got them furnished like we'd liked.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 06:06:32 pm »

Oh I'm moving Red. Our new home either will already have, or is going to have, those features. We got real used to a media room and library in this house, just never got them furnished like we'd liked.

Media room furnishings are easy; some home theater recliners in a couple of rows and shakers under the seats is all you need. Wink I'd suggest ordering online, but I do remember seeing a place here in town that has some good seats. Might have been Amini's, but I'm not sure.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org