A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:38:42 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 3264 times)
billintulsa
« on: May 04, 2005, 02:47:27 pm »

I recently heard a state official say that it was against the law for gas station owners to sell their gas at cheap prices.  If a station decided to sell gas as a loss-leader for their business (i.e., a gimmick designed to get you into their store in the hopes that you will spend more money), then they would in fact be breaking the law.

However, according to this same official, the gas stations can charge as high as they want to with no interference from the state (as long as there is no colusion).

Furthermore, our recent gas spike, according to this official, was something which only occured here in Tulsa, and no where else in the nation.  The wholesale price of gas didn't go up so gas station owners all over Tulsa apparently were enjoying higher profits at our expense.

Am I the only one who sees this as being insane?  Shouldn't gas station owners have the right to lower their prices if they want to and give us consumers a break at the pump.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 02:47:50 pm by billintulsa » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org