A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:55:32 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Hartford Building for TU/OU Medical School  (Read 51326 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: November 05, 2011, 04:42:14 pm »

Plans are underway to turn the old Hartford Building in the Blue Dome area, formerly occupied by the City of Tulsa, into a community medical center. No rendering or firm plans are yet available. You can read the story unfold below:

-Added by Admin
---------------------------------------------------------------

111 S. Greenwood. Just east of the Blue Dome district.

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/our-city/meeting-agendas/display.aspx?ID=0000B942

Anybody know anything?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:54:21 pm by Admin » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 09:47:49 am »

There have been an inordinant amount of fire trucks at the building for the last few weeks.  Is TFD using it for drills?

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:05:01 am »

I do know that that Hartford building is at the northern end of the proposed East Village Park that Land Legacy is working on. At the other end is the new proposed All Souls Unitarian Church. Halfway down the middle of the park is new home of Tulsa Opera in the old fire department headquarters. Is something coming together quietly in the East Village?
Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 10:33:47 pm »

TU is making a legitimate proposal to house their portion of the School of Community Medicine (partnership with OU).  Formaation is also still proposing a development there, but significantly modified from their original it seems:  they are now proposing a 105 story mixed use building on that and adjacent sites.

(that is not a typo. 105 stories.)

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:58:24 am »

This (the TU project) would be hella cool.  It would extend the Blue Dome through to the edge of the IDL and add activity to that end of the world over a whole new time frame.  Steady foot traffic in overlapping time slots is what our DT commercial needs to sustain itself, and, along with residential development, a TU mini-campus would help do just that. 
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 10:27:39 am »

TU is making a legitimate proposal to house their portion of the School of Community Medicine (partnership with OU).  Formaation is also still proposing a development there, but significantly modified from their original it seems:  they are now proposing a 105 story mixed use building on that and adjacent sites.

?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:55:56 am »

Jeez, that is as tall as Freedom Tower in Manhattan. 105 Stories would put it in the "super-Skyscraper" category...That's an interesting proposal. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 11:59:07 am »

Jeez, that is as tall as Freedom Tower in Manhattan. 105 Stories would put it in the "super-Skyscraper" category...That's an interesting proposal. 

I can smell the OKCTalk regulars headed this way.....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »

Well, good luck to them on that... but at 105 stories it seems like a publicity stunt.  Really neat if it ever comes down the pipeline, but I'm skeptical.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 01:41:09 pm »

Well, good luck to them on that... but at 105 stories it seems like a publicity stunt.  Really neat if it ever comes down the pipeline, but I'm skeptical.

Seems about as likely as a movie studio, a walmart and a mixed use multi acre concept with a baseball field at its center in the east end.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 03:21:58 pm »

any link for this proposal?

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 03:28:00 pm »

Grandiose plans for the east end are nice - I would prefer something that will actually happen.   
dbacks fan
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 03:32:26 pm »

OT I know, but what is the level of occupnacy of the old City Of Faith complex? I also think some one is definetly smoking something to propose a 105 story building downtown. The foot print for that would be extremely large. Was it proposed by the guy who designed "The American" statue?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 03:44:47 pm »

Seems about as likely as a movie studio, a walmart and a mixed use multi acre concept with a baseball field at its center in the east end.

Might as well throw in a totally-enclosed 1.5 mile NASCAR track and some dancing pink elephants while we are at it.  Who are these Formaation folks?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 04:02:41 pm »

Chuck Tollefsen is the principal.  I've met with him a couple times on various projects.  Does not strike me as the kind of guy that could pull of a 10.5 story tower.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org