A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:18 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You can't out-think a thinking man  (Read 7562 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: November 02, 2011, 04:20:19 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-soldiers-seize-catapults-used-fling-pot-215555395.html

HERMOSILLO, Mexico (AP) — The Mexican army says soldiers have seized two catapults that were being used by drug smugglers to fling packages of marijuana across the border into Arizona.

A military statement Tuesday says an anonymous tip led troops to a house in the border city of Agua Prieta where they found a catapult in the bed of a pickup truck and another inside the house.

It says soldiers also seized 1.4 tons (1.3 metric tons of marijuana) during Monday's raid in Agua Prieta, which is across the border from Douglas, Arizona.

Mexican troops also seized two catapults in the area last January. Authorities said then that it was the first time they had seen this smuggling method used by local traffickers

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:55:58 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-soldiers-seize-catapults-used-fling-pot-215555395.html

Authorities said then that it was the first time they had seen this smuggling method used by local traffickers...

...that they weren't paid to keep quiet about.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:58:43 am »

...that they weren't paid to keep quiet about.

Catapults, ultra lights and flying lawn mowers, its time to set up some AA guns and let the army get some shooting practice.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:14:55 am »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:23:58 am »

It says soldiers also seized 1.4 tons (1.3 metric tons of marijuana) during Monday's raid in Agua Prieta, which is across the border from Douglas, Arizona.

I could get really stoned on that.  I don't think there would be near enough nacho cheese Doritos though for afterwards.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 11:39:14 am »

They have also tried the 'Joey Chitwood' style jumping trucks across the border as well. They recently busted a smuggling ring in Phoenix that brought in an estimated 50 tons/year into the US.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 11:41:36 am »

So will this help or hurt Henderson's neighborhood pot growing gardens?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 12:15:58 pm »

Well that's what happens when you syndicate "Myth Busters" in Spanish.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 03:14:10 pm »

Which is it, a catapult or a trebuchet?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 03:16:53 pm »

Which is it, a catapult or a trebuchet?

Note "deluxe".  I'd never even heard the term trebuchet until the 90's.  I'm guessing in the Monty Python days a trebuchet was a "deluxe" catapult.

Edit:  just noted "choking hazard" warning.  This is not from when I was a kid.  There were no choking hazards.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:18:31 pm by Townsend » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 03:21:48 pm »

I guess BB took the day off.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 03:32:28 pm »

Note "deluxe".  I'd never even heard the term trebuchet until the 90's.  I'm guessing in the Monty Python days a trebuchet was a "deluxe" catapult.

Different machines.  Trebuchet works by gravity, catapult works by springs (wound rope etc.).

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catapult

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:35:55 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 09:56:42 pm »

Different machines.  Trebuchet works by gravity, catapult works by springs (wound rope etc.).

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catapult

I'll call the manufacturer in the morning.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 10:13:09 pm »

I'll call the manufacturer in the morning.

A couple of guys at work had a Trebuchet building project a few years ago.  Just a small one, threw a golf ball as I remember.  It was fun.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 10:17:22 pm »

A couple of guys at work had a Trebuchet building project a few years ago.  Just a small one, threw a golf ball as I remember.  It was fun.

Wonder what sort of spud gun we could create with 2" x 20ft. of Sch. 80 pipe?  I bet it would take one heck of an Aqua-Net charge.  I'm thinking you could launch a huge russet from the Holly east refinery to at least the Blue Rose without bowing the barrel.  Rifling would be a nice touch too Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org