A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:34:16 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill & Ruth's  (Read 14845 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: November 01, 2011, 07:08:12 pm »

So I went to the Bill & Ruth's in Bixby tonight around 7:30, opened the door, the door bell tolled, and I walked up to the counter. There was a man talking on the phone to someone and he never acknowledged me. I stood there for a few moments waiting for him to get off the phone, but he continued on with his conversation. I turned around and left. After seeing a long line at the drive-thru of another deli restaurant (Schlotsky's), I decided to give Bill & Ruth's another shot at 101st & Mingo. I placed my order, but the restaurant could not make change for a $20.00 bill so I had to cancel my order. In fairness to the employee he was polite. Both restaurants had no customers inside. What a waster of my time. Never again.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 07:43:02 pm »

I have had a similar experience at the Bixby Bill & Ruth's. Mine was in the drive thru though. I pulled up, the guy opened the window and took my order then shut the window. He never came back for my payment or with my food. I left after 10 minutes.

I think it must have new ownership or something. In the past the service was always excellent and the food was above average for a Bill & Ruth's. About a month before the drive thru incident my wife and I went in there one Saturday after a bike ride and there were different people taking orders and preparing food. When we got our order the sandwiches only had about 1/2 the meat they had previously and the bread was stale. I also noticed that they were now charging for refills on drinks where they previously did not.

Since the drive thru incident I have not been back.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 07:50:03 pm »

I have had a similar experience at the Bixby Bill & Ruth's. Mine was in the drive thru though. I pulled up, the guy opened the window and took my order then shut the window. He never came back for my payment or with my food. I left after 10 minutes.

I think it must have new ownership or something. In the past the service was always excellent and the food was above average for a Bill & Ruth's. About a month before the drive thru incident my wife and I went in there one Saturday after a bike ride and there were different people taking orders and preparing food. When we got our order the sandwiches only had about 1/2 the meat they had previously and the bread was stale. I also noticed that they were now charging for refills on drinks where they previously did not.

Since the drive thru incident I have not been back.

Was the guy who took your order 50ish with a graying hair and mustache? That was my guy. As for the wait at a drive thru, the same damned order and wait happened to me at the Glenpool Taco Mayo last Saturday. I was in the order place for so long an employee thought I was a new customer. After waiting almost twenty minutes behind a whopping two cars from the window, I pulled around the cars, walked in the restaurant, and told them to cancel the order. The two employees on a Saturday afternoon couldn't have cared any less. What is with these people and whatever happened to customer service?

dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:03:42 pm »

OWS wannabe's one step from unemployment?
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 09:42:43 pm »

Was the guy who took your order 50ish with a graying hair and mustache?

Yep, that's the guy.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 09:49:46 pm »

So I went to the Bill & Ruth's in Bixby tonight around 7:30, opened the door, the door bell tolled, and I walked up to the counter. There was a man talking on the phone to someone and he never acknowledged me. I stood there for a few moments waiting for him to get off the phone, but he continued on with his conversation. I turned around and left. After seeing a long line at the drive-thru of another deli restaurant (Schlotsky's), I decided to give Bill & Ruth's another shot at 101st & Mingo. I placed my order, but the restaurant could not make change for a $20.00 bill so I had to cancel my order. In fairness to the employee he was polite. Both restaurants had no customers inside. What a waster of my time. Never again.

I think it's your God telling you not to eat there....

Once again, serves you right.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 09:54:44 pm »

I think it's your God telling you not to eat there....

Once again, serves you right.

Actually, I can't argue with the clown on this one.  Eat crap and you will get crappy service.  Eat at home, the service is always great there, and you know exactly what just went into your food. Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 10:26:20 pm »

Actually, I can't argue with the clown on this one.  Eat crap and you will get crappy service.  Eat at home, the service is always great there, and you know exactly what just went into your food. Wink

I will from now on, but I don't think I deserved it as the clown suggested.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 10:31:24 pm »

I will from now on, but I don't think I deserved it as the clown suggested.

Don't eat clown food either Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 10:36:47 pm »

Don't eat clown food either Wink

Yes!!

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 05:59:44 am »

The ONLY Bill & Ruth's worth going to is at 15th & Lewis.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:17:55 am »

Well I will also add the one at 31st and Yale, they are a great (not sure of ethnic type) couple, I want to say Japanese.

They also hand roll sushi after 1:00pm..always a smile, fast service and a thank you. I see them shopping together locally after hours all the time and reading the bible when they are not making sandwiches in the store...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 08:55:00 am »

Wow... just wow
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 09:12:52 am »

The one near 55th and Mingo used to be near my traffic pattern and it was generally pretty decent.  Haven't been in a few years, though.

B & R has really gone down the tubes.  Too bad, 'cause when they started, they were a "Little Lanny's" clone (franchise to start) and pretty good.  Sadness!

Maybe subs have just run their course and it is time for the "next-big-thing"??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 09:16:40 am »

Well I will also add the one at 31st and Yale, they are a great (not sure of ethnic type) couple, I want to say Japanese.

They also hand roll sushi after 1:00pm..always a smile, fast service and a thank you. I see them shopping together locally after hours all the time and reading the bible when they are not making sandwiches in the store...

+1 very nice folks, sushi is 100% legit.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org