A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:55 am
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 156278 times)
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2014, 02:51:11 pm »

Since I like a little food with my salt, I think I'll skip going to Smashburger.
I just order "no salt" and it pretty darn tasty.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2014, 07:36:24 pm »

Two? The rest of the story detailed others having problems with them.

the people who sued one franchise operator? woooo
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2014, 07:31:12 am »

That's the thing about class action suits. They reduce hundreds or thousands of complaints into a few lawsuits. Some of the former cases were combined. The one suit referred to a systemic process of working employees off the clock so managers could make bonuses based on reducing labor costs. And surprise, its not uncommon in other chains as well.

Its okay though. Its just high school kids and first job people. Not family wage earners. Screw'em.

onward...through the fog
davideinstein
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »

I'm not going to jump to conclusions because of two disgruntled ex-employees.

Absolutely would not happen at our Tulsa stores. Unethical for starters, but from a business standpoint it makes no sense to cut a few bucks and end up with a huge lawsuit.
davideinstein
« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2014, 06:20:59 pm »

That's the thing about class action suits. They reduce hundreds or thousands of complaints into a few lawsuits. Some of the former cases were combined. The one suit referred to a systemic process of working employees off the clock so managers could make bonuses based on reducing labor costs. And surprise, its not uncommon in other chains as well.

Its okay though. Its just high school kids and first job people. Not family wage earners. Screw'em.

You would not even make all that much money on a manager bonus by cutting labor like that. Profit comes mainly from sales, not saving 50 bucks a week on labor cost.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2014, 07:25:23 pm »

Absolutely would not happen at our Tulsa stores. Unethical for starters, but from a business standpoint it makes no sense to cut a few bucks and end up with a huge lawsuit.

Seriously? You need to read up on the Ford Pinto and more recently the GM fiascos. Business "standpoints" are calculations of loss/benefit. Cutting a few cents vs a lawsuit or a payout are common decisions for all businesses.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2014, 07:30:43 pm »

I believe you about your places. It is a very short sighted, stupid approach to business.  An happy employees are always better - it's a very good "self-defense" mechanism for any business owner. 

Sadly, too many don't have that minimal enlightenment.   John Pickle Co here in town is one of the more extreme examples of that ignorance.  And maybe he wasn't all wrong - he got away with it for years - and still isn't in prison for enslavement.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2014, 08:50:14 pm »

Seriously? You need to read up on the Ford Pinto and more recently the GM fiascos. Business "standpoints" are calculations of loss/benefit. Cutting a few cents vs a lawsuit or a payout are common decisions for all businesses.

Unfortunately there are way too many examples of business vs. engineering decisions.

Sad

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2014, 09:57:35 am »

Unfortunately there are way too many examples of business vs. engineering decisions.

Sad

I'm inclined to say its worse than it used to be, but its not really. The history of shortsighted business solutions is as long as humankind.

onward...through the fog
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2014, 12:15:17 pm »

I'm inclined to say its worse than it used to be, but its not really. The history of shortsighted business solutions is as long as humankind.

I'm thinking a new restaurant on South Lewis is a fine example of that.  Cheesy

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
saintnicster
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2014, 09:02:38 am »

Mildly amusing story (at least to me).

Coming back from lunch around 12:50, going north into Downtown at Denver and 11st street.  The north/south lights are red, stacked maybe 3 cars deep on both sides.  No real traffic east/west, and the was about to change.  A JJ-dressed cyclist going south blows through the light, going into the northbound lane to do so.  Right after doing so, the light changes to green.

Luckily, there was a cop behind the car I was in, and he saw this.  Blew his siren and pulled over the cyclist.

May want to remind your folks that even though the deliveries are supposed to be "Freaky Fast", that the traffic laws still apply to them.  Seen a couple of folks in JJ gear taking redlights as suggestions, at least over the last few months.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:04:57 am by saintnicster » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2014, 09:07:05 am »

Probably lucky he didn’t become an organ donor.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2014, 03:34:54 pm »

Mildly amusing story (at least to me).

Coming back from lunch around 12:50, going north into Downtown at Denver and 11st street.  The north/south lights are red, stacked maybe 3 cars deep on both sides.  No real traffic east/west, and the was about to change.  A JJ-dressed cyclist going south blows through the light, going into the northbound lane to do so.  Right after doing so, the light changes to green.

Luckily, there was a cop behind the car I was in, and he saw this.  Blew his siren and pulled over the cyclist.

May want to remind your folks that even though the deliveries are supposed to be "Freaky Fast", that the traffic laws still apply to them.  Seen a couple of folks in JJ gear taking redlights as suggestions, at least over the last few months.

What did he look like? I am currently doing the openings for our next couple of stores, but I can pass that information along for sure.
saintnicster
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2014, 03:45:08 pm »

What did he look like? I am currently doing the openings for our next couple of stores, but I can pass that information along for sure.

They were wearing a helmet, the (seemingly) standard red jersey/backpack, and maybe glasses too. I didn't think to get a better look, and I was in the passenger seat). Just remembered watching them go through the light and hearing the siren from behind, and the location information from the first post.

I figured it would be better to give a general warning, rather than to single out a particular person.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #269 on: September 05, 2014, 08:56:04 am »

So yesterday placed a group order at 11am. I started the order and completed it, so I set the time (ASAP). I got an email for my personal order:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONLINE ORDER
If you have any questions regarding your order, please do not hesitate to contact us at 9189353955, and reference your order confirmation number 111892836.
Store Information: #2349 20 East 5th Street 9189353955
Scheduled: As Soon As Possible
For: Delivery

That email was immediately followed by an email for the group order:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONLINE ORDER
If you have any questions regarding your order, please do not hesitate to contact us at 9189353955, and reference your order confirmation number 111892836.
Store Information: #2349 20 East 5th Street 9189353955
Scheduled: 2014-09-04 at 12:30 PM - 12:45 PM
For: Delivery

I didn't thoroughly read the second email, so I waited about 20 minutes and called when I hadn't seen anyone. They got the order too me quickly, but this seems like an online ordering system failure.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org