A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 156280 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2013, 07:18:37 am »

Apparently I'm the weirdo that thinks Smashburger is the best of the chain "gourmet burger" places.  Way better than Five Guys.  I'm a fan of the rosemary on the french fries.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2013, 12:39:47 pm »

Apparently I'm the weirdo that thinks Smashburger is the best of the chain "gourmet burger" places.  Way better than Five Guys.  I'm a fan of the rosemary on the french fries.

Five Guys is unremarkable. Not sure why anyone goes there.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »

We all have different tastes, but judging from the packed house at Five Guys every night and the 4 people at SaltBurger, Five Guys has them beat from a success standpoint.

Personally I'm not a Five Guys fan either, but I suppose some folks like sack-o-food.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2013, 02:54:55 pm »

You're not the lone weirdo. The DH and I like them too.  Grin
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2013, 04:29:49 pm »

Since I like a little food with my salt, I think I'll skip going to Smashburger.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2013, 05:02:03 pm »

It's not that I don't like the taste - they are ok - but the price/performance ratio is just ridiculous.  Still like Bill's and Lot-A-Burger better - and they are cheaper - but if Smash were on a par with pricing, I would be more interested in them.  Kind of like Red Robin - decent enough burger, just not worth anywhere near what they charge for it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2013, 07:28:51 am »

I have the same thoughts about the Build-A-Burger "Fuddruckers". Decent enough burger. But way overpriced.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2013, 07:37:41 am »

It's not that I don't like the taste - they are ok - but the price/performance ratio is just ridiculous.  Still like Bill's and Lot-A-Burger better - and they are cheaper - but if Smash were on a par with pricing, I would be more interested in them.  Kind of like Red Robin - decent enough burger, just not worth anywhere near what they charge for it.

Oh, Bill's, Lot-A-Burger, Fat Guys, etc are all in a different category for me.  I meant the chains, Five Guys, SmashBurger, Red Robin, Mooyah, etc.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2013, 07:46:17 am »

Oh, Bill's, Lot-A-Burger, Fat Guys, etc are all in a different category for me.  I meant the chains, Five Guys, SmashBurger, Red Robin, Mooyah, etc.

Technically, both Fat Guys AND Lot-A-Burger are chains.  Local chains, but chains nonetheless.

Cool

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
saintnicster
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2013, 07:54:27 am »

Technically, both Fat Guys AND Lot-A-Burger are chains.  Local chains, but chains nonetheless.

Cool
Fat Guys has 2 stores, only in Tulsa... That's a chain?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2013, 08:31:11 am »

Fat Guys has 2 stores, only in Tulsa... That's a chain?

Fat Guys is a tulsa thing.  Love me some peanut butter and bacon burger!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2013, 09:04:37 am »

Back to Jimmy John's downtown...

I like how they have incorporated sales tax into the price of the sandwich. It makes it easier to get money together to pay the delivery guy.

I can get an even five dollars from each person and just throw in a few more for a tip. No need to do higher math or refund any coin.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2014, 12:27:52 pm »

Where was it we were talking about minimum wage, and fair pay for work?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/jimmy-johns-wage-theft_n_5669565.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2014, 01:19:05 pm »

Where was it we were talking about minimum wage, and fair pay for work?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/jimmy-johns-wage-theft_n_5669565.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

I'm not going to jump to conclusions because of two disgruntled ex-employees.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2014, 02:14:08 pm »

Two? The rest of the story detailed others having problems with them.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org