A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:28 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 156284 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2013, 04:51:20 pm »

Nine minutes.

Your delivery guy even said he went to the wrong floor. He was out of breath.

How do you do four sandwiches that fast?

Power is nothing till you use it.
davideinstein
« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2013, 07:10:19 am »

Nine minutes.

Your delivery guy even said he went to the wrong floor. He was out of breath.

How do you do four sandwiches that fast?

Watch the screen as your making the call, have it ready by the time they get off of the phone and have the driver ready to go.

At times it can get backed up with the volume we do (it did on Thursday for sure), but I don't think we've had a delivery leave the door at over 10 minutes yet.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2013, 10:07:06 am »

The first order we did online, the second order we called it in.

Unbelievable.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2013, 07:33:30 pm »

There is one glaring major problem with the Jimmy Johns Downtown.

This is oklahoma. You need Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper.

Dang yankees.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »

There is one glaring major problem with the Jimmy Johns Downtown.

This is oklahoma. You need Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper.

Dang yankees.

I thought Dr. Pepper was a Texas "thing".  You think we are Texans?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2013, 08:37:24 pm »

I thought Dr. Pepper was a Texas "thing".  You think we are Texans?

Making Dr Pepper for us is just one of the many reasons we let Texas pretend to be a state.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2013, 09:14:56 pm »

Making Dr Pepper for us is just one of the many reasons we let Texas pretend to be a state.

OK

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2013, 09:34:57 am »

Watch the screen as your making the call, have it ready by the time they get off of the phone and have the driver ready to go.

At times it can get backed up with the volume we do (it did on Thursday for sure), but I don't think we've had a delivery leave the door at over 10 minutes yet.

We stopped in at the 36th & Peoria store yesterday afternoon.  They handed me our sandwiches before I could even get my change back in my wallet.

I love the efficiency at JJ's and we've gotten addicted to the day old bread as well.  Makes all sorts of great stuff at home like banh mi or meatball subs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2013, 10:56:12 am »

I'm looking forward to the opening at 91st & Yale.  I have been to the one across from Woodland several times since I now office in away from downtown Sad . . . anyway, not overly impressed with that location.  I've had to wait for 5+ minutes several times, it's not so much the wait, but since they don't tell you what sandwich they are giving to someone, I kept having to ask what it was, somehow mine got out of order because people after me were taking sandwiches.  It's hard to sit back and be patient when you are curious if every sandwich they prepare is yours.   Also, another time a co-worker and I were there and found pieces of plastic in our lettuce, on both sandwiches.  I don't know their process, but it seems someone shredded the lettuce without taking the cover off.  I told an employee and even showed them the plastic, there was no I'm sorry, or let's get you new ones, she just said, Oh.  I also said you probably need to throw that lettuce out and use another kind because it's obviously disbursed throughout, she said, OK . . but then went about her work.   The last time I went, my poor sandwich was so wimpy looking I actually took a picture.  The tomatoes they put on there barely covered 1/2 the sandwich and the lettuce was so sparse, it wasn't even worth having it on there.  Which reminds me, one other time, they gave me my sandwich and failed to put any lettuce on there at all.  Now that I just went through all that whining, I'm not sure I've ever had a quality visit to the at location.  I know that's not the norm, and I like their sandwiches, so back to point, I can't wait for the 91st & Yale to open! 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2013, 12:45:34 pm »

I'm looking forward to the opening at 91st & Yale.  I have been to the one across from Woodland several times since I now office in away from downtown Sad . . . anyway, not overly impressed with that location.  I've had to wait for 5+ minutes several times, it's not so much the wait, but since they don't tell you what sandwich they are giving to someone, I kept having to ask what it was, somehow mine got out of order because people after me were taking sandwiches.  It's hard to sit back and be patient when you are curious if every sandwich they prepare is yours.   Also, another time a co-worker and I were there and found pieces of plastic in our lettuce, on both sandwiches.  I don't know their process, but it seems someone shredded the lettuce without taking the cover off.  I told an employee and even showed them the plastic, there was no I'm sorry, or let's get you new ones, she just said, Oh.  I also said you probably need to throw that lettuce out and use another kind because it's obviously disbursed throughout, she said, OK . . but then went about her work.   The last time I went, my poor sandwich was so wimpy looking I actually took a picture.  The tomatoes they put on there barely covered 1/2 the sandwich and the lettuce was so sparse, it wasn't even worth having it on there.  Which reminds me, one other time, they gave me my sandwich and failed to put any lettuce on there at all.  Now that I just went through all that whining, I'm not sure I've ever had a quality visit to the at location.  I know that's not the norm, and I like their sandwiches, so back to point, I can't wait for the 91st & Yale to open! 

Me too!  That SmashBurger is about the worst crap I've ever had.  It has been a couple of years since I visited a SaltBurger.  Went to the new one yesterday (just to make sure it still sucks).  The meat was fine, but super salty. Avocado was not ripe and like eating a slice of rubber tire.  Lettuce was limp and slimy (took it off to avoid any gastric consequences). Bacon was simply brown salt. SmashFries were so salty that the majority of their crunch was from grains of salt.  In fact, the amount of salt on the fries was enough to turn my fingertips red from the abrasion.

I am rarely one to leave food on a plate (personal problem) but I left after eating only half of my meal. Can't wait until something else opens up there.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2013, 01:20:24 pm »

Me too!  That SmashBurger is about the worst crap I've ever had.  It has been a couple of years since I visited a SaltBurger.  Went to the new one yesterday (just to make sure it still sucks).  The meat was fine, but super salty. Avocado was not ripe and like eating a slice of rubber tire.  Lettuce was limp and slimy (took it off to avoid any gastric consequences). Bacon was simply brown salt. SmashFries were so salty that the majority of their crunch was from grains of salt.  In fact, the amount of salt on the fries was enough to turn my fingertips red from the abrasion.

I am rarely one to leave food on a plate (personal problem) but I left after eating only half of my meal. Can't wait until something else opens up there.

I don't get it...the attraction to SmashBurger in any incarnation.  When there is a Lot-A-Burger right down the street from just about anywhere in Tulsa!!  Or better yet - Bill's!!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #236 on: October 02, 2013, 02:25:15 pm »

I don't get it...the attraction to SmashBurger in any incarnation.  When there is a Lot-A-Burger right down the street from just about anywhere in Tulsa!!  Or better yet - Bill's!!!

Lot-A-Burger isn't much better than Suckburger.  I'll agree with you on Bill's.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2013, 07:58:27 pm »

Smashburger has a Dyson Airblade in the bathroom.

Only thing worth a nickel inside that place.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »

Oh, and learned JJ's day old bread makes amazing croutons for Caesar salad tonight.  Toast it in a skillet with some butter and finely chopped garlic as well as some Italian spices...mmmm

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2013, 06:07:58 am »

Smashburger has a Dyson Airblade in the bathroom.

Only thing worth a nickel inside that place.

Really burns the skin after a salt abrasion from the fries though.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org