A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:21:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 157415 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

The ones in St. Louis are the same exact product. Every single store serves the same sandwich. It's not possible for Norman and Tulsa to be bad, but for St. Louis to be good product wise. There may be a customer service difference, but not a product one.

Have you eaten at one in St. Louis area?  Well, they TRY to serve the same sandwich, anyway.  (Cheesecake Factory seems to have that concept locked up pretty good - they are very close from place to place.)  Here are two I have been to from time to time (reviews below), and liked them both better than BA - and grandkid only worked at one - so, I don't know what the difference is, but the food impinged on my consciousness better than BA.  Pick an adjective...

Not saying BA is bad, it's just not as good as these two, for whatever reason - that's what makes them on a par with Subway for me.  It is still edible....

People at BA (the atmosphere) are always bright, friendly, and energetic almost to the point of being manic when I have been there, so the "experience" has always been pretty good.  I may always caught them at the top of their caffeine buzz, too...

Is yours the BA or another one?  Tell me which one and I will go try it and see if it tastes different to me....

Maryland Heights
https://plus.google.com/107085476730722153876/about?gl=us&hl=en
St. Charles
https://plus.google.com/104439139417803139745/about?gl=us&hl=en

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
davideinstein
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2013, 06:50:34 am »

Have you eaten at one in St. Louis area?  Well, they TRY to serve the same sandwich, anyway.  (Cheesecake Factory seems to have that concept locked up pretty good - they are very close from place to place.)  Here are two I have been to from time to time (reviews below), and liked them both better than BA - and grandkid only worked at one - so, I don't know what the difference is, but the food impinged on my consciousness better than BA.  Pick an adjective...

Not saying BA is bad, it's just not as good as these two, for whatever reason - that's what makes them on a par with Subway for me.  It is still edible....

People at BA (the atmosphere) are always bright, friendly, and energetic almost to the point of being manic when I have been there, so the "experience" has always been pretty good.  I may always caught them at the top of their caffeine buzz, too...

Is yours the BA or another one?  Tell me which one and I will go try it and see if it tastes different to me....

Maryland Heights
https://plus.google.com/107085476730722153876/about?gl=us&hl=en
St. Charles
https://plus.google.com/104439139417803139745/about?gl=us&hl=en

I'm at Broken Arrow until July.

I've been to a Jimmy John's right outside of St. Louis off of 44.

I've worked at the ones here in Tulsa and in Champaign, IL (corporate headquarters). It's the same exact product I assure you. If not then I'd like to understand what the difference is. I follow corporate guidelines to the tee. Maybe you got a different sandwich? The one thing JJ's will always go for is the same sandwich every time.

(We take this stuff serious!)
davideinstein
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2013, 06:51:49 am »

PS - Feel free to come in and ask for me, and I'll make you the best damn sandwich we have on me.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2013, 07:02:27 am »

PS - Feel free to come in and ask for me, and I'll make you the best damn sandwich we have on me.

I have to eat the sandwich on you? Can't I have it on a plate or just hold it?

No offense, but in my experience eating food on people is really messy.

Power is nothing till you use it.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2013, 08:19:11 am »

it also tends to be expensive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyotaimori
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2013, 10:15:17 am »

it also tends to be expensive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyotaimori

Just plain goofey!  A contrived elitist nonsense that some richy rich thought was 'cool'....

Now, if we are talking chocolate syrup, whipped cream and maraschino cherries!... or even a plastic sheet and a gallon of Mazola.... NOW we're talking party!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2013, 10:17:02 am »

I have to eat the sandwich on you? Can't I have it on a plate or just hold it?

Ok....just gotta ask about that experience....?

davideinstein
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2013, 04:36:12 am »

We'll be open around the end of July. Started construction last week. See you guys there!

PS - Downtown OKC store has 18 drivers at lunch. 9 by car and 9 by bike. Any ideas on how to handle the parking situation?
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2013, 08:23:38 am »

PS - Downtown OKC store has 18 drivers at lunch. 9 by car and 9 by bike. Any ideas on how to handle the parking situation?

Dont park?   Keep the drivers driving/delivering  Grin

Get a fleet of self-driving cars?  They can just circle the block until you need them.    (or go park themselves in a remote parking lot)

saintnicster
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2013, 09:44:05 am »

Any ideas on how to handle the parking situation?

Seems like that should have been a thing you would have thought through when deciding to open a store downtown...
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2013, 10:06:14 am »

Dont park?   Keep the drivers driving/delivering  Grin

Get a fleet of self-driving cars?  They can just circle the block until you need them.    (or go park themselves in a remote parking lot)

Delivery drone.  Side benefit, Hell-Fire missles for those who don't pay.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/dominos-carries-world-first-pizza-drone-delivery-210123802.html

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2013, 10:11:41 am »

We'll be open around the end of July. Started construction last week. See you guys there!

use the parking garage at 6th and Boston?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2013, 06:26:50 am »

Petition the city to make the spots next to the store commercial/loading only during the day.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2013, 11:57:29 am »

Double park. There are trucks double parked on that section of Boston seemingly all day during business hours.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2013, 07:57:01 am »

Petition the city to make the spots next to the store commercial/loading only during the day.

Not a fan of this solution.  Retail should want spot that will turnover in front of their doors, not spots clogged by their employees or downtown workers that refuse to pay for surface parking.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org