A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:44:00 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 156293 times)
davideinstein
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2012, 02:57:10 pm »

Just called them and they are still planning a (in or near) downtown location

What location told you this?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »

What location told you this?

Brookside. Each location has a delivery area and I asked which one delivered downtown and they said it isn't covered by one of the existing stores because it's going to be covered by the future location.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2012, 11:16:54 pm »

That Brookside location has no posted hours. So they may or may not be open late.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2012, 08:39:19 am »

I just wonder why the pictures of the sandwiches look so different from the real thing?

(Not really...I understand...)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2012, 11:46:23 am »

One reason why I never used to get the chocolate sprinkles on my donuts.

Hahaha and Eww.
davideinstein
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2012, 12:42:24 am »

The same health department that stops mouse droppings (our corporate standards are what does that actually)...requires us to have two hand sinks in the front kitchen for no reason and two prep sinks for no reason. I realize regulations are needed and I made a blanket statement on regulation. But it can be overzealous at times.
davideinstein
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2012, 09:22:07 am »

Remind me which ones you own, I won't be eating there, because profit over consumer safety sounds more important to you.

Not at all. I am pretty confident we have some of the cleanest and safest places to eat around. If not I surely wound not gripe about over regulation on here. Also, I am not the owner.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2012, 09:28:26 am »

I love Jimmy John's sandwiches but I have to admit I rarely go inside. Their drive-through is amazingly fast.

Power is nothing till you use it.
davideinstein
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2012, 09:34:54 am »

I love Jimmy John's sandwiches but I have to admit I rarely go inside. Their drive-through is amazingly fast.

Averages about 35 seconds a customer at the store I run right now. I honestly prefer people to come in, see the store and what not. I am more of a local lean but JJ's is a great company. I think they will fit in with downtown well.

lalumna
Citizen

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2012, 11:05:03 am »

I'm very sorry to report that while my family was eating at the JJ's restaurant at 21st and Yale, we saw a roach that was at least two inches long crawling around the floor in broad daylight. We were not able to finish our meals and obviously have not been back.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2012, 11:15:57 am »

You need to grow some thicker skin and get a grip....!!

lalumna
Citizen

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2012, 11:46:46 am »

Maybe so. Roaches are one of the things that give me an instant guttural reaction of disgust. Even though that incident was at least a year ago, I can still picture that gross thing rooting around for food. I swear that it looked at me from across the room and mocked me.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2012, 12:44:24 pm »

Maybe so. Roaches are one of the things that give me an instant guttural reaction of disgust. Even though that incident was at least a year ago, I can still picture that gross thing rooting around for food. I swear that it looked at me from across the room and mocked me.

Watch "Men in Black" a few too many times?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 01:27:18 pm »

Those type of roaches I've seen walking down the street. Could've had nothing to do with the store.

Bigger roaches are usually tree roaches. The smaller roaches typically associated with filthy conditions are German roaches.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 02:36:22 pm »

BTW I'm a direct descendant of William Wallace.

He would not be proud of you.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org