A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:24:39 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 156318 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2012, 01:40:50 am »

Subway is edible.  Ok value.

Jersey Mike's in OKC area is actually pretty good, I think.  Decent value for the money.

Hamlet used to be great - I haven't been there in probably 7 or 8 years, but they probably are still good...I'm guessing.

Jersey Mike's was really good when I had eaten there. My thing was in the Phoenix area there are so many good sandwich shops that are locally owned that just plain beat the hell out of the national chain stores.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2012, 10:15:29 am »

You can chose. You just modify the sandwich.

Any other details for your experience there? Any type of feedback is welcome.

Not sure how to describe.  I do know that I will have to try again.  The food was ok, just not great.  The employee enthusiasm was a little (lot) overdone.  Just overall was not that impressed.  One thing REALLY pissed off SWMBO - they had no small plastic containers (2 oz or so) to allow dressing on the side.  Maybe her attitude affected mine, too.

Have a grandkid who used to work at JJ in another state, who was always very positive about it, so maybe I just had excessive expectations??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2012, 02:42:52 pm »

FAIL on the delivery... won't cross 21st Street. I know of a business at 18th and Boston that gets delivery 5-6 x's a week. Hell, the joint wanted to post the menu for all of their customers to order from. Alas, can't get JJs...
Now sitting at 61st and Yale, no delivery here either...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:39:51 am by brunoflipper » Logged

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2012, 05:53:17 pm »

You can chose. You just modify the sandwich.

Any other details for your experience there? Any type of feedback is welcome.

Are you associated with them?

If so, then next time I will keep track better and try to give you more accurate feedback.  Actually, I guess I will do that either way and post it here.....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2012, 08:56:11 pm »

And they've already given up on late night.   Saw it on the door today, closing at 10PM now.  What was that, 3 or 4 weeks?

davideinstein
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2012, 09:42:55 pm »

And they've already given up on late night.   Saw it on the door today, closing at 10PM now.  What was that, 3 or 4 weeks?

Just a random note?

That store should be open late night Thursday through Saturday. There is no question in my mind. That is a different franchisee than our group at the other stores in town. He has that store and our guys the rights to the Yale store and 10 stores in BA, South Tulsa and the Promenade area.

That is where the downtown location issue comes from. I would be hawking every piece of real estate in the IDL if I had any influence on it. A store there and in the South Yale corridor are the best markets due to the daytime populations.
davideinstein
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2012, 09:44:15 pm »

Are you associated with them?

If so, then next time I will keep track better and try to give you more accurate feedback.  Actually, I guess I will do that either way and post it here.....

Yes.
davideinstein
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2012, 09:50:34 pm »

FAIL on the delivery... won't cross 21st Street. I know of a business at 18th and Boston that gets delivery 5-6 x's a week. Hell, the joint wanted to post the menu for all of their customers to order from. Alas, can't get JJs...
Now sitting at 61st and Yale, no delivery here either...

Any suggestions on a location good for a Jimmy John's near 61st and Yale?
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2012, 12:08:38 am »

Just a random note?

That store should be open late night Thursday through Saturday. There is no question in my mind. That is a different franchisee than our group at the other stores in town. He has that store and our guys the rights to the Yale store and 10 stores in BA, South Tulsa and the Promenade area.

That is where the downtown location issue comes from. I would be hawking every piece of real estate in the IDL if I had any influence on it. A store there and in the South Yale corridor are the best markets due to the daytime populations.

I just went by there. There's a note on the door "No longer open until 3am"  Close behind me was another car apparently also stymied by their early closure.

The note says something about hoping to be open until 3am again in the future. Then it lists their regular(?) hours.

But there's still no regular hours sign on the door (just the hours listed on the MS Word "no longer open til 3" note). I would think a franchise would require that. Don't they usually have 1,001 extremely anal-retentive rules and regulations about everything?

I've been there four or five times since they opened. But that's gonna have to change, unless this is an extremely short-term move to close early.

davideinstein
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2012, 03:43:03 am »

I just went by there. There's a note on the door "No longer open until 3am"  Close behind me was another car apparently also stymied by their early closure.

The note says something about hoping to be open until 3am again in the future. Then it lists their regular(?) hours.

But there's still no regular hours sign on the door (just the hours listed on the MS Word "no longer open til 3" note). I would think a franchise would require that. Don't they usually have 1,001 extremely anal-retentive rules and regulations about everything?

I've been there four or five times since they opened. But that's gonna have to change, unless this is an extremely short-term move to close early.

I'll look into this and get an answer for you.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2012, 09:57:49 am »

Any suggestions on a location good for a Jimmy John's near 61st and Yale?
Kingspointe always seems to have some availability...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »

Conflict with a Subway there....also, Cumeals.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2012, 09:53:42 am »

Just called them and they are still planning a (in or near) downtown location
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2012, 11:10:01 am »

Awesome. Hope they're open late.

Anyone know if the Brookside location ever went back to later hours? I've been avoiding them for pulling the classic Tulsa business trick of 'open late, but only for the first three weeks.'

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2012, 11:21:16 am »

Awesome. Hope they're open late.

Anyone know if the Brookside location ever went back to later hours? I've been avoiding them for pulling the classic Tulsa business trick of 'open late, but only for the first three weeks.'

Cant be as bad as CVS: (as told by their signage)

-Open 24 hours
-Front of store open 24 hours
-Front of store open late
-Hey, we have a photo section!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org