A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:20:26 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 156303 times)
davideinstein
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2012, 09:49:50 am »

So are you saying the Brookside location is open late? Every time I visit, there are no posted hours. The website says 10-10 daily.

I'm just tired of every chain business that's open late elsewhere not doing so here.

They are open until late night on the weekends. Very few Jimmy John's outside of college towns are open late night.
davideinstein
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2012, 09:55:56 am »

The best thing about downtown Tulsa: how local it is; how the best places are unique and locally owned; how every local restaurant/store is different from anything else in town; how a group of bold dreamers/entrepreneurs have transformed downtown by doing what they love, instead of listening to the stodgy old folks who said it was impossible; and best of all...how few national chains are located downtown.

My fear for downtown is that it will become so cool that the stupid national chains will finally take notice and jump all over themselves to ruin it.  After all the hard work that the young, creative, bold, daring folks have done to revitalize downtown.

I was recently in downtown Denver, which is certainly a success story.  But check out the 16th Street Mall.  Great idea with the train running up and down, but how sad it's just a bunch of chains.  It's like they had a checklist of national chains and said "Give us one of everything."  Every store is something you can find in Topeka, KS right next to the interstate.  Ugh.

Keep the chains down south in Generica where they belong.

For starters, the chains in downtown were there well before the buildup on the East End. Arby's, Dominos, Subway, Billy Sims...all were there before most of the East End built up.

Jimmy Johns will be in downtown, and it will provide a good chain for the area. Those do exist.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2012, 11:10:01 am »

For starters, the chains in downtown were there well before the buildup on the East End. Arby's, Dominos, Subway, Billy Sims...all were there before most of the East End built up.

Jimmy Johns will be in downtown, and it will provide a good chain for the area. Those do exist.

I thought it was said earlier that there would not be a downtown location.  Has that changed?
Sutton
Citizen

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2012, 02:00:38 pm »

There is a Billy Sims downtown?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2012, 02:34:02 pm »

I was told that Jimmy John's is now in the old Quizno's location at 71st & 145th E Av in B.A. next to the Wal Mart. I avoid that area as much as I do Woodland Hills.

Yeah, it's there.  Tried it two weeks ago.  Not that great.  Certainly not up to the hype.  It's ok, just not great.  Subway lets me choose....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2012, 02:53:34 pm »

Yeah, it's there.  Tried it two weeks ago.  Not that great.  Certainly not up to the hype.  It's ok, just not great.  Subway lets me choose....

How often do you find a great sandwich shop in Oklahoma? 

Not being argumentative.  I'm starting to come to terms with vittles mediocrity.  If I didn't, I'd complain too much.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2012, 03:05:51 pm »

Not being argumentative.  I'm starting to come to terms with vittles mediocrity.  If I didn't, I'd complain too much.

Subway is edible.  Ok value.

Jersey Mike's in OKC area is actually pretty good, I think.  Decent value for the money.

Hamlet used to be great - I haven't been there in probably 7 or 8 years, but they probably are still good...I'm guessing.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2012, 03:40:40 pm »

I recall Jimmy Johns using cucumbers in their sandwiches.  Maybe that's why there are some Oklahoma opinions that JJ's is not that good.  I'm not sure Oklahomans recognize cucumbers if their not pickled, deep fried, and smothered in ranch dressing.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012, 03:42:25 pm »

I'm not sure Oklahomans recognize cucumbers if their not pickled, deep fried, and smothered in ranch dressing.

Breaded...and you had me at "deep fried".
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012, 05:57:37 pm »

I like "Jay's Original Hoagies" at 91st and Sheridan. (Where Siegi's used to be.)

rdj
City Father

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2012, 07:02:01 pm »

I like "Jay's Original Hoagies" at 91st and Sheridan. (Where Siegi's used to be.)

Lenny's is great.

Hamlet is still good stuff.  They are remodeling the 91st & Sheridan store currently.  Adding a bar area.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 08:18:03 pm »

They are open until late night on the weekends. Very few Jimmy John's outside of college towns are open late night.

But most Jimmy John's located in bar districts in cities are open late. There are some in bar areas in Kansas City and St. Louis open until 4am.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 09:34:56 pm »

But most Jimmy John's located in bar districts in cities are open late. There are some in bar areas in Kansas City and St. Louis open until 4am.

Ted, join AA you will no longer have to worry about looking for food after you’ve been drinking.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2012, 12:37:40 am »

I thought it was said earlier that there would not be a downtown location.  Has that changed?

Eventually there will be. If I had any say on it I would already have one there.
davideinstein
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2012, 12:40:48 am »

You can chose. You just modify the sandwich.

Any other details for your experience there? Any type of feedback is welcome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org