A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:28 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 156304 times)
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 08:37:17 am »

So what's the deal with the downtown location?

Does anyone know if that's still happening?
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 12:05:04 pm »

So what's the deal with the downtown location?

Does anyone know if that's still happening?
Some posts earlier in the thread say Brookside is the closest to downtown we're getting, for now at least.

dbacks fan
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 03:39:55 am »

JMO, I tried Jimmy John's when I lived in a Phoenix suburb, and it was alright, I just did not care for walking in, ordering and paying for my food, and not being given the chance to say what I wanted on it. I walked in, picked my sandwich, was told the price, and when I said what I wanted on it, it was too late, it was already made for me by the time I was paying for it. From the time that I started my order to the time it was ready was about a minute and a half, and it was not what I wanted.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:43:24 am by dbacks fan » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 11:20:53 am »

There a a bunch of Jersey Mike's in OKC, Norman area - not sure why they don't come up here.  But the one I have been to (a couple of times) was very good. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012, 08:49:43 am »

I was told that Jimmy John's is now in the old Quizno's location at 71st & 145th E Av in B.A. next to the Wal Mart. I avoid that area as much as I do Woodland Hills.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012, 09:28:10 am »

JMO, I tried Jimmy John's when I lived in a Phoenix suburb, and it was alright, I just did not care for walking in, ordering and paying for my food, and not being given the chance to say what I wanted on it. I walked in, picked my sandwich, was told the price, and when I said what I wanted on it, it was too late, it was already made for me by the time I was paying for it. From the time that I started my order to the time it was ready was about a minute and a half, and it was not what I wanted.

That's my biggest complaint, too. I need time to look at the menu of a place I've never been, and as soon as you walk in, they expect you to already know what you want.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012, 11:51:36 am »

But once you go there a few times, that 'rush factor' is awesome. It's the reason I love QuikTrip and Jimmy John's, they both know that an efficient operation that doesn't waste the customer's time is a big plus.

As for that Brookside location, the JJ's website lists hours as 10-10 daily. But when I called the other day, they said they were open 'til 3am weekends. So hopefully they're at least giving the late hours enough of a test run to make a determination, and not just closing early because they were slow one day. That seems to be the modus operandi here.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:53:43 am by TheTed » Logged

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012, 12:04:17 pm »

But once you go there a few times, that 'rush factor' is awesome. It's the reason I love QuikTrip and Jimmy John's, they both know that an efficient operation that doesn't waste the customer's time is a big plus.

As for that Brookside location, the JJ's website lists hours as 10-10 daily. But when I called the other day, they said they were open 'til 3am weekends. So hopefully they're at least giving the late hours enough of a test run to make a determination, and not just closing early because they were slow one day. That seems to be the modus operandi here.

This.  If you need time, just let them know you need a few minutes and stand back to peruse until you're ready.  It's not like they're going to hound you every five seconds to choose.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 12:11:46 pm »

just let them know you need a few minutes and stand back to peruse until you're ready.  It's not like they're going to hound you every five seconds to choose.

No kidding! Has everyone gotten assertiveness issues?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012, 12:38:25 pm »

No kidding! Has everyone gotten assertiveness issues?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
davideinstein
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2012, 10:06:00 pm »

A lease was signed for a JJ in the 71st and Memorial area this past week. It will be next to the Radio Shack in the shopping center where DSW shoes is. No downtown site is in the works.
davideinstein
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:35 pm »

Corporate determined the hours for that location, and it isn't a test run. I do know that the volume at the BA and Yale stores is still higher but that has more to do with a drive thru than hours. In my opinion, late night stores are a pain. It's harder to manage labor, you exhaust your staff and other issues arise with late night crowds.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2012, 12:25:28 pm »

Corporate determined the hours for that location, and it isn't a test run. I do know that the volume at the BA and Yale stores is still higher but that has more to do with a drive thru than hours. In my opinion, late night stores are a pain. It's harder to manage labor, you exhaust your staff and other issues arise with late night crowds.

So are you saying the Brookside location is open late? Every time I visit, there are no posted hours. The website says 10-10 daily.

I'm just tired of every chain business that's open late elsewhere not doing so here.

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2012, 04:13:11 pm »

The best thing about downtown Tulsa: how local it is; how the best places are unique and locally owned; how every local restaurant/store is different from anything else in town; how a group of bold dreamers/entrepreneurs have transformed downtown by doing what they love, instead of listening to the stodgy old folks who said it was impossible; and best of all...how few national chains are located downtown.

My fear for downtown is that it will become so cool that the stupid national chains will finally take notice and jump all over themselves to ruin it.  After all the hard work that the young, creative, bold, daring folks have done to revitalize downtown.

I was recently in downtown Denver, which is certainly a success story.  But check out the 16th Street Mall.  Great idea with the train running up and down, but how sad it's just a bunch of chains.  It's like they had a checklist of national chains and said "Give us one of everything."  Every store is something you can find in Topeka, KS right next to the interstate.  Ugh.

Keep the chains down south in Generica where they belong.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:28 am »

I'm fine with some chains moving in downtown.  It's a sign that the market is on solid ground.  As long as they don't take over.  I don't think that is really much of a problem. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org