A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:55:46 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 155658 times)
TheTed
City Father

« on: November 01, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »

Any ideas where in downtown this will be?

JIMMY JOHNS GOURMET SUB SHOP IS OPENING IN DOWNTOWN TULSA. WE'RE LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME MANAGER CANDIDATE. MUST BE HIGHLY ENERGETIC AND AVAILABLE TO WORK FLEXIBLE HOURS. WE OFFER A DYNAMITE BONUS INCENTIVE PROGRAM, HUGE OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT, PAID TRAINING AND A CLEAN AND FUN ENVIRONMENT. PLEASE EMAIL INFORMATION.
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/fbh/2642186160.html

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:19:15 pm »

Any ideas where in downtown this will be?
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/fbh/2642186160.html

They should recruit for this job over in the OWS tent city at 6th and Main.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:34:32 pm »

Gourmet sub shop??  Are they changing it here from the way they do it in St. Louis?? 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:56:24 pm »

Gourmet sub shop??  Are they changing it here from the way they do it in St. Louis?? 

See previous deli threads on here. JJ's bakes their own bread and slices their own meat. As compared to most sub shops in these parts, that's gourmet.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 02:09:20 pm »

See previous deli threads on here. JJ's bakes their own bread and slices their own meat. As compared to most sub shops in these parts, that's gourmet.

Yeah, but far as I know their meat product is loaded with crap.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 02:13:55 pm »

Have a grandkid that works at one in St. Louis area.  Says it's ok, but likes Subway, too.  Haven't had the chance to try it yet, so now will get to check them out.
Do they start with Boar's Head meats?

(Subway bakes bread and Arby's slices their own meat....)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 02:20:01 pm »

I love a good sandwich. But this isn't sandwich country (the northeast). Where there's a good sandwich shop on every corner and every bodega makes sandwiches (with boar's head meats) that blow away just about anything in Tulsa. You gotta take what you can get, and what's open when you're ready to eat.

Most Jimmy John's are open until 10pm-ish 7 days a week. Some, in nightlife districts, are open much later. If they're actually open late, they won't have much competition.

I just hope it's not one of those 10-5 M-F locations that they have in some city central business districts.

Plus maybe some chain will spur current businesses to be open more hours or just be better. There are so many businesses that don't seem to want to capitalize on downtown revitalization and just want to operate the same few hours a day they have been open for 20 years.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:21:43 pm by TheTed » Logged

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »

I just hope it's not one of those 10-5 M-F locations that they have in some city central business districts.
That would be sad. The one on Yale closes at 9 or so. The one in Fayetteville is open until four in the morning. Maybe we'll get lucky and this new one will have those hours.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 03:17:42 pm »

I love a good sandwich. But this isn't sandwich country (the northeast). Where there's a good sandwich shop on every corner and every bodega makes sandwiches (with boar's head meats) that blow away just about anything in Tulsa. You gotta take what you can get, and what's open when you're ready to eat.

Most Jimmy John's are open until 10pm-ish 7 days a week. Some, in nightlife districts, are open much later. If they're actually open late, they won't have much competition.

Plus maybe some chain will spur current businesses to be open more hours or just be better. There are so many businesses that don't seem to want to capitalize on downtown revitalization and just want to operate the same few hours a day they have been open for 20 years.

There are some incredible places in the northeast all right - and in Hamtramck, MI!

Amazingly, I got the best meatloaf sandwich in the world in a tiny little hole in the wall place in Tracy, CA one time.  Also experienced my first earthquake walking across the parking lot to get to it.  Early 1980's.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 03:33:45 pm »

That would be sad. The one on Yale closes at 9 or so. The one in Fayetteville is open until four in the morning. Maybe we'll get lucky and this new one will have those hours.

All JJ'a in college towns are open until 4 am.  Too bad TU is so small but we may get lucky.  Not sure if the one in downtown OKC is open til 4 am but the one in Campus Corner is in Norman.

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 03:39:39 pm »

So to get off topic, there is a sandwich place in Owasso that makes amazing sandwich, its a place just about big enough for three people to stand in, uses boars head meats, shredded(thin) lettuce and amazing fresh bread...

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/58/630601/restaurant/Tulsa/Giant-Subs-Deli-Owasso
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 04:02:15 pm »

All JJ'a in college towns are open until 4 am.  Too bad TU is so small but we may get lucky.  Not sure if the one in downtown OKC is open til 4 am but the one in Campus Corner is in Norman.

Given how full of drunk kids all the IHOP/Denny's type places are at two or three in the morning, no matter what day of the week, it's hard for me to imagine that JJ's couldn't do a lot of business after midnight.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 04:04:04 pm »

Given how full of drunk kids all the IHOP/Denny's type places are at two or three in the morning, no matter what day of the week, it's hard for me to imagine that JJ's couldn't do a lot of business after midnight.

Depending on this DT location it could make sense to stay open late for them then.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 01:19:23 pm »

Lambrusco'z uses Boar's Head meats.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:21:27 pm by AngieBrumley » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 01:47:09 pm »

I noticed someone doing work on a storefront in the Philtower.    Wouldn't be a bad location for a sammich shop.  But I have no real idea.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org