A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:22:20 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy John's downtown  (Read 155666 times)
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 09:50:35 am »

I noticed someone doing work on a storefront in the Philtower.    Wouldn't be a bad location for a sammich shop.  But I have no real idea.

That may be Edward Delk's (a new art deco themed bar).  I'm curious about this as well.  I'm going to be on the look out from now on.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 03:28:14 pm »

I've walked around trying to figure out where this might be going, but have no clue.
My only guess is maybe the old Schlotzsky's spot, or in one or two of the vacant Main Park Plaza spots on Boulder
There are spots in Brady, but I'd be surprised to see it go in there.
Would they be considering someplace near downtown as "downtown"
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 10:32:37 pm »

I too am wondering if it's actually near downtown, maybe Cherry Street or something. Somewhere in the main mall area would be disappointing, as it'd probably mean limited days/hours.

Downtown is so very much in need of fast service/takeout type places that are open at least 10-12 consecutive hours 6 or 7 days a week. I thought the Dilly Deli would fill that niche, but they aren't that fast and are closed for private parties way too much to be considered a legitimate takeout option.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 10:29:39 am »

That may be Edward Delk's (a new art deco themed bar).  I'm curious about this as well.  I'm going to be on the look out from now on.

It's going to be Art Deco themed?  Kewl Grin

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 11:39:48 am »

Yep, they are on FB and update their construction progress often...its going to be a cool space.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 12:48:19 pm »

It's be cool (and not too out of character) if JJ's were going in the Pearl district...
Grab a sandwich and have a picnic in Centennial park.
Is Blake opening a sammich franchise?? 
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 07:51:27 pm »

Posting deleted by its author. Hmm.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 10:20:57 pm »

They found their manager....Huh
eblanchard32
Tourist

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 05:14:10 pm »

Jimmy Johns makes one hell of a sandwhich!

http://www.ironhorsesolutions.com
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »

Jimmy Johns makes one hell of a sandwhich!

http://www.ironhorsesolutions.com

I bet the best ones are those tasty spam sammiches!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
davideinstein
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 04:14:00 pm »

The next two stores will be in Broken Arrow at Aspen & Kenosha and on Brookside at 36th & Peoria. Both leases are signed and I wanted to wait until I knew for a fact to post that. The store in Broken Arrow is from the same owners of the current Yale location and should be open in late March/early April. It will be where the old Blockbuster location is with a drive thru. The location on Brookside is from another franchisee that owned the right to the midtown area. I believe he was looking at downtown but had some trouble signing a lease there. It will be at the end of the the old Blockbuster location where Bank of the West currently is with no drive thru obviously. Expansion should happen fast for the brand in Tulsa over the next 2-3 years, if any of you want your business sampled then drop me a PM and I'll try to make that happen for you.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »

DEinstein! Glad to see you are back on TNF.  Don't be a stranger!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 07:48:29 pm »

?? 

How does that happen?  (I've tried and it wasn't allowed.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »

The next two stores will be in Broken Arrow at Aspen & Kenosha and on Brookside at 36th & Peoria. Both leases are signed and I wanted to wait until I knew for a fact to post that. The store in Broken Arrow is from the same owners of the current Yale location and should be open in late March/early April. It will be where the old Blockbuster location is with a drive thru. The location on Brookside is from another franchisee that owned the right to the midtown area. I believe he was looking at downtown but had some trouble signing a lease there. It will be at the end of the the old Blockbuster location where Bank of the West currently is with no drive thru obviously. Expansion should happen fast for the brand in Tulsa over the next 2-3 years, if any of you want your business sampled then drop me a PM and I'll try to make that happen for you.

That's as good a use as any for the old Blockbuster space on Brookside, and Broken Arrow is Broken Arrow.  I'm sad JJ won't make it DT, though.  It would've been a nice -- even crucial addition.  My theory is that the more that visible national brands take chances on downtown the more a certain tier of (south)Tulsan will trust it. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 12:17:07 am »

That's as good a use as any for the old Blockbuster space on Brookside, and Broken Arrow is Broken Arrow.  I'm sad JJ won't make it DT, though.  It would've been a nice -- even crucial addition.  My theory is that the more that visible national brands take chances on downtown the more a certain tier of (south)Tulsan will trust it. 

Take an Effexor, maybe you won't be as sad.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org