A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:12:04 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andolini's Pizzeria  (Read 13245 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: October 31, 2011, 07:14:59 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:
Date/Time of Visit: 10/28 at about 6pm.
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 4.95
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$
What makes this restaurant unique:  THE BEST PIZZA I HAVE EVER HAD IN TULSA!

Tell us about your experience:

Never even heard of the place until my wife suggested it on Friday night.  We started with the caprice appetizer plate and it was amazing.  They make their own mozzarella, get fresh tomatoes (from I don't know where), and use very good olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I could have just made a meal of this.

We ordered the S.P.O.R pizza with ricotta, oniion, prosciutto and homemade Italian sausage.  It took about 30 mins to get the pizza because each one is made by hand and tossed in front of you.  The crust was unbelievably light, flavorful and had a good crunch.  There was nothing about this pizza that I could give a negative comment about.  It was an experience.  Better than any pizza I have ever had in Tulsa. 

Because this particular pizza did not have any of the marinara, we ordered a cup for dipping.  Now I must go back and order a standard pizza with this sauce.  It was tart, bright and extremely good. They make it fresh every day. 

The couple sitting next to us at the bar ordered Macaroni and cheese with Italian sausage. It looked amazing.  They said that it was the best thing they have ever had and visit every Friday for a glass of wine and bowl of Macaroni.

Atmosphere was very much like a busy Chicago pizzarrhea.  They have several good beers on tap, and a whole slew of Marshall's selections.  Service was great and friendly.  Waiter let us taste every beer before selecting one.  By the time we left there was a line out the door on Cherry Street.

Best pizza I have ever had in Tulsa.  Perhaps the best pizza I have ever had!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 07:41:39 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:
Date/Time of Visit: 10/28 at about 6pm.
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 4.95
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$
What makes this restaurant unique:  THE BEST PIZZA I HAVE EVER HAD IN TULSA!

O...M...G !!

I was looking at the menu and they know and apparently understand what a Margherita pizza is!!!!  I love them already and have not been there yet...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 07:44:30 am »

My co-workers and I (4 of us) are planning to make this trip Scott, based on your review.  I've heard other people rave about it.  Their website is fairly informative too and I like the fact they have the menu online and it includes pricing (not all restaurants with online menus include the pricing).

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it would be wise to call ahead and reserve for lunch?  It will be this Friday and I was trying to get a feel for how crowded this place gets.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:35:38 am »

http://www.andopizza.com/
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 08:59:26 am »

It's good but not mind blowing or the best.....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 09:04:21 am »

Good food, good bar and beer, positive build-out for the area, good location, good service.  I was pleased from the time they opened.

Walked in with an appetite and left with a grease stain.  I will go back.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 09:26:42 am »

My co-workers and I (4 of us) are planning to make this trip Scott, based on your review.  I've heard other people rave about it.  Their website is fairly informative too and I like the fact they have the menu online and it includes pricing (not all restaurants with online menus include the pricing).

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it would be wise to call ahead and reserve for lunch?  It will be this Friday and I was trying to get a feel for how crowded this place gets.

Not sure if they take reservations for lunch.  I would bank on a long lunch though, unless you can call in your order about 15-20 minutes before arriving.

I think they should have a velvet rope out front and a bouncer who asks you what your favorite beer is and what the ingredients of a Margherita pizza are.  Your answers would determine who gets let in.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 09:32:25 am »

I haven't found any better in Tulsa.  If there is, let me know.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 10:03:10 am »

We're waiting.  For the 'better' recommendation.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 11:14:54 am »

Not to hi-jack the thread, but just in case people reading this are looking for a fast alternative for lunch pizza, Whole Foods has $2.50 a slice pizza and they are good size slices, roughly 1/6 of a pie.  Two slices is enough to fill me up and my appetite is legendary.  Other good part is you won't have any chemical preservatives or additives to any of the ingredients.

Now, back on topic.  Thanks for the review, sounds like FMC and I will be trying Andolini's soon.  Where exactly on Cherry St. is it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 11:24:22 am »

Not to hi-jack the thread, but just in case people reading this are looking for a fast alternative for lunch pizza, Whole Foods has $2.50 a slice pizza and they are good size slices, roughly 1/6 of a pie.  Two slices is enough to fill me up and my appetite is legendary.  Other good part is you won't have any chemical preservatives or additives to any of the ingredients.

Now, back on topic.  Thanks for the review, sounds like FMC and I will be trying Andolini's soon.  Where exactly on Cherry St. is it?

South side where the old insurance company used to be.  15th and Trenton.  No freekin parking.  We had to park in the neighborhood and walk down the alley to get there.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 11:47:51 am »

I like Andolina's Pizza. We usually order a couple of the oversized pies that are served on a platform like a cake. That is enough to feed six of us from my office.

I am not sure it should be proclaimed best pizza. There are so many types of pizza (just like there are so many types of BBQ). I really like deep dish Savastano's sometimes. Other times I crave a Joe Momma's Betty White pizza with Alfredo sauce and feta cheese. If I asked my kids they would the best pizza is Top That! because they love to personalize their own pie.

Power is nothing till you use it.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 01:20:44 pm »

CiCi's buffet for the win!
</sarcasm>

Well my nephews think so anyhow
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 01:31:16 pm »

CiCi's buffet for the win!
</sarcasm>

Well my nephews think so anyhow

Chucky Cheese after 6 pitchers of miller lite.  Then get into a fist fight with the other parents.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 01:36:46 pm »

Chucky Cheese after 6 pitchers of miller lite.  Then get into a fist fight with the other parents.

The rat
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org