A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:58:31 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POTUS BACHMANN (R/T) Close To Home  (Read 3161 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« on: August 08, 2011, 11:21:51 pm »

Too Close!

Actual good Michele Bachmann profile explains how incredibly radical her background is
The New Yorker explores the spiritual mentors and ideology of the Tea Party queen
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/08/08/bachmann_theocrat_nyer/index.html

"And there is her Oral Roberts University professor John Eidsmoe, with whom Bachmann  collaborated on a book about how America is a Christian nation founded by Christians:

When Biblical law conflicted with American law, Eidsmoe said, O.R.U. students were generally taught that "the first thing you should try to do is work through legal means and political means to get it changed."

Sounds a bit like Shariah?"

Bachmann's Unrivaled Extremism
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/06/14/michele-bachmanns-unrivaled-extremism-gay-rights-to-religion.html

"Bachmann honed her view of the world after college, when she enrolled at the Coburn Law School at Oral Roberts University, an "interdenominational, Bible-based, and Holy Spirit-led" school in Oklahoma. "My goal there was to learn the law both from a professional but also from a biblical worldview," she said in an April speech."

"Eidsmoe, who hung up the phone when asked for an interview, is a contentious figure. Last year, he withdrew from speaking at a Wisconsin Tea Party rally after the Associated Press raised questions about his history of addresses to white supremacist groups."

"None of this is likely to sour her many devoted fans. Indeed, it's precisely her unwavering ideological commitment that endears her to them. "She's not afraid to say things that other people on the right are probably thinking, but they're just too wimpy to say," says Pulkrabek, who supports Bachmann's presidential ambitions. "She says these things and she promotes these views because she really believes them."

Leap of Faith
The making of a Republican front-runner

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/08/15/110815fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all

"Michele Bachmann’s world view has been shaped by institutions and people unfamiliar to most Americans."

What took place during this woman's stay here in Teatown in 78-79 to turn her towards the crazy?

Please tell me that people won't be this stupid. How in the world does a crazy get this far in American politics?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 10:56:28 am »

Can this thread be civil?  Challenge accepted?
dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 04:28:37 pm »

$10.00 says not a snowballs chance.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:29:29 pm »

$10.00 says not a snowballs chance.

Note two responses all day.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 05:43:52 pm »

Townsend's a total poopy head. 

We cool now? 
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:59:07 pm »

Townsend's a total poopy head. 

We cool now? 

Jiminy Christmas, calm down little prince.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 11:25:08 pm »

I think you both ought to be banned for your overt rancor.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:24 pm »

I think you both ought to be banned for your overt rancor.

I learned a long time ago to pick my battles wisely, and I choose not to wade into this one.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 02:11:59 pm »

http://www.truth-out.org/bachmanns-law-school-god-and-justice-were-intertwined/1318534462

OooooWEeee...another ORU column with further insight into MB's schooling in Teatown! The irony....I need a hill as well.

“The only reason we’ve been a great nation — guess why? Because at our founding we established everything we did on the lordship of Christ.”

she's an idiot...the founders were mostly atheists.

Read up.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 09:07:12 am »

Ex-Aide: Bachmann ‘Out of Ideas’

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/11/01/ed-rollins-bachmann-out-of-ideas.html

Michele Bachmann must rue the day she hired Ed Rollins to manage her presidential campaign: her former aide (he left the campaign in September) continued his war of words against her Monday, telling ABC News that she has “run out of money and ideas.” Rollins said he wanted Bachmann to focus solely on Iowa, while she wanted to campaign in other states, too. He says he left because he didn’t want to spend the winter “fighting with a candidate who wouldn’t listen and had no money.”
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org