A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:09:22 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $1 Billion Pension Fraud  (Read 10380 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: October 27, 2011, 06:27:27 pm »

Fantastic. Are these union people?

Hundreds of LIRR employees falsely declared themselves disabled to collect more pension money from the ages of 50 to 65, when they would otherwise qualify for full benefits, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan.

The complaint said a retired engineering manager who complained of severe hand, knee, shoulder and back pain often played tennis and golf while collecting about $105,000 yearly in combined pension and disability payments.

Another former employee said she suffered neck, shoulder and hand pain from computer work and couldn't stand more than five minutes without leg pain. She was "surveilled shoveling heavy snow for approximately one and a half hours," the complaint said. She gets about $108,000 a year in combined pension and disability payments.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/10/27/national/a055605D80.DTL#ixzz1c20hQwNx

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 06:46:52 pm »

G, I've come to the conclusion that its time to recognize that treachery, fraud, greed and political abuses are endemic in our culture. Its meaningless to point fingers at unions, hippies, young entitled, rich, poor, religious, godless, corporates, dems, repubs, tp'ers without noting that. Every category is carrying their fare share of shocking revelations.

Maybe the next movement will be integrity based.

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 07:03:19 pm »

G, I've come to the conclusion that its time to recognize that treachery, fraud, greed and political abuses are endemic in our culture. Its meaningless to point fingers at unions, hippies, young entitled, rich, poor, religious, godless, corporates, dems, repubs, tp'ers without noting that. Every category is carrying their fare share of shocking revelations.

Maybe the next movement will be integrity based.

Understandable. But right now, the unions (Wisconsin) and hippies (OWS) are in the spotlight. Just as the TP was getting nailed, it is now for these groups to take their lumps.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 07:16:11 pm »

Its never too early to get the bigger picture.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:25:30 pm »

Understandable. But right now, the unions (Wisconsin) and hippies (OWS) are in the spotlight. Just as the TP was getting nailed, it is now for these groups to take their lumps.

Kind of like a Rite of Passage?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 07:27:18 pm »

Its never too early to get the bigger picture.

You're probably right. The hippies, because they are harmless, don't bother me as much as the unions do. After what I saw in Wisconsin, it just sickens me to even hear the word "unions". And any chance I get to expose these goons I will jump at.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:19 pm »

Kind of like a Rite of Passage?

More like turnabout is fair play. But I am going to back off the OWS "hippies". Those chucking racist, antisemitic, statements, or abuse kids and women, or generally act like idiots, though, I think should be exposed. After I watched the lengthy Schiff video I posted earlier, I think I get some points but overall the OWS borders on embarrassing is harmless.

edited.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:32:01 pm by guido911 » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 07:36:13 pm »

More like turnabout is fair play. But I am going to back off the OWS "hippies". Those chucking racist, antisemitic, statements, or abuse kids and women, or generally act like idiots, though, I think should be exposed. After I watched the lengthy Schiff video I posted earlier, I think I get some points but overall the OWS borders on embarrassing is harmless.

edited.

So,...these people have been at it for what - 6 weeks or so?  And Fox has been at it for 30 years.  Does this mean you are gonna spend 6 weeks blasting the ows, then 30 years blasting the Fox-ians?  Turnabout, fair play, and all that jazz...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:35 pm »

Unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions.

Bernie Madoff committed fraud worth over $60 billion by himself, Guido.  Try to keep some perspective.

Unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions, unions.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 07:40:41 pm »

So,...these people have been at it for what - 6 weeks or so?  And Fox has been at it for 30 years.  Does this mean you are gonna spend 6 weeks blasting the ows, then 30 years blasting the Fox-ians?  Turnabout, fair play, and all that jazz...

Fox News just celebrated their 15th "Birthday".  You must have them working double time.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 07:41:35 pm »

Bernie Madoff committed fraud worth over $60 billion by himself, Guido.  Try to keep some perspective.

That's just mean!!! Cheesy I'll get some perspective since $1B is apparently not very significant when compared to Madoff.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »

Fox News just celebrated their 15th "Birthday".  You must have them working double time.

Ok, Murdoch, then.  He has been around a long time.

Let's see if he will blast them for 15 years then...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 07:42:50 pm »

That's right. They have committed so much bias and told so many lies that it seemed like 30 years.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »

That's right. They have committed so much bias and told so many lies that it seemed like 30 years.

Glad you are finally starting to get it.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 07:49:04 pm »

Glad you are finally starting to get it.

I'm slow. Be patient.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org