A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:22:45 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arby's  (Read 17440 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: October 26, 2011, 06:01:33 pm »

What happened to the portion sizes? Sheesh, my regular roast beef was puny.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 06:45:39 pm »

Well, that serves you right! Grin
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 06:46:04 pm »

Simple.  Prices haven't gone up appreciably in a long time.  To compensate, they serve you less food.  Look at portion sizes in packaging at the market, same thing there on pre-packaged garbage.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 06:52:43 pm »

I sent Arby's an e-mail on this. I normally do not b!tch about stuff like this. On occasion, though, I send these to see how its handled.

dbacks fan
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 07:05:10 pm »

Good luck guido, a regular roast beef has been the size of a junior for about eight years, and a junior is about worthless.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 07:09:27 pm »

Simple.  Prices haven't gone up appreciably in a long time.  To compensate, they serve you less food.  Look at portion sizes in packaging at the market, same thing there on pre-packaged garbage.

Smaller portions for the same price have been happening since I can remember.  The earliest I recall at the moment is when a nickel candy bar (Hersheys, Snickers, Milky Way, etc) stayed a nickel but lost about 1/4 of their size.  Then a 1 pound can of coffee only contained 13 oz.  And so on.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 07:12:58 pm »

I sent Arby's an e-mail on this. I normally do not b!tch about stuff like this. On occasion, though, I send these to see how its handled.

So, I guess this makes you a b!tch?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 07:49:19 pm »

Where can I go to get a decent deli sandwich in South Tulsa where I don't leave feeling like I got bent over a sink?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 07:50:53 pm »

So, I guess this makes you a b!tch?

What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 08:27:22 pm »

Where can I go to get a decent deli sandwich in South Tulsa where I don't leave feeling like I got bent over a sink?

You can't. 

Big Al's at 15th and Harvard used to be very good, but been so long, I don't know how they are now.  There is a Bill and Ruth's at about 53rd and Mingo that is better than the average B & R, but not really great. 

If you find one, let me know. 

The only other decent place I know of is at one of our offices, but you won't want to travel that far - near OKC.  The lady that does the sandwiches is an artist and they are always 'overstuffed'.  For $2.75.  Gotta love it!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 08:54:42 pm »

You can't. 

Big Al's at 15th and Harvard used to be very good, but been so long, I don't know how they are now.  There is a Bill and Ruth's at about 53rd and Mingo that is better than the average B & R, but not really great. 

If you find one, let me know. 

The only other decent place I know of is at one of our offices, but you won't want to travel that far - near OKC.  The lady that does the sandwiches is an artist and they are always 'overstuffed'.  For $2.75.  Gotta love it!

Eff it. Going to buy deli from Seigis and make my own. I got hot peppers and special mustard from Philippe's in LA (home of the French Dip sandwich--get some on-line right now), and I can make my own Italian bread. Who's hungry?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 08:58:20 pm »

Eff it. Going to buy deli from Seigis and make my own. I got hot peppers and special mustard from Philippe's in LA (home of the French Dip sandwich--get some on-line right now), and I can make my own Italian bread. Who's hungry?

That's the best way!! 

When do we eat?

Hmmmm....special mustard!  Spicy, I hope!  With a little horseradish!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »

That's the best way!! 

When do we eat?

Hmmmm....special mustard!  Spicy, I hope!  With a little horseradish!!

The mustard:

http://www.philippes.com/food/philippe-s-hot-mustard.html

I bought ten jars of the hot peppers!!!

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 10:56:43 pm »

Do you speak English?

I dare you....

He looks like a b!tch. Shocked

Bee !tch, try the Boston Deli.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 08:47:19 am »

Do you speak English?

I dare you....

He looks like a b!tch. Shocked

Bee !tch, try the Boston Deli.

Stole my thought.  Ken does have the closest thing to a real NY deli here in Tulsa.

For those not in the know, Boston Deli is at 61st & Sheridan in the center off the NW corner.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org