A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:54:26 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EMSA in OKC, Tulsa's helping out. I'm sure OKC would do the same  (Read 51511 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2017, 11:16:02 am »

What. The. Hell.

Nothing in that article tells me this is a good idea for Tulsa. 

Nothing at all.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2017, 11:29:08 am »

Write your councilors folks, I still own property in Tulsa so I’m writing them.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2017, 08:25:23 am »

I like Phil, but I question why he didn’t nut up and tell the rest of the trustees Tulsa and the surrounding communities should not be stuck shouldering the entire rate increase for the alleged malfeasance of EMSA management.  I also feel like with Phil’s influence on other City Councilors this will come to pass.

Councilor Ewing asked what would happen if EMSA loses the lawsuit and he was told it was likely EMSA would file bankruptcy.

EMSA certainly has a problem on its hands, but I fail to see why it is incumbent upon the citizens covered by EMSA’s eastern district to shoulder the costs.

From the first article posted on this topic:

By Curtis Killman Tulsa World Aug 23, 2017

“No rate increase is budgeted for the Western Division as Oklahoma City has left all utility funds received in the utility fund,” EMSA Chief Financial Officer Kent Torrence said in a memo to board members regarding the rate increase.

The city of Tulsa, meanwhile, has drawn $6.6 million from the utility fund for non-EMSA needs, Torrence said.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:51:12 am by Oil Capital » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2017, 09:10:18 am »

From the first article posted on this topic:

EMSA approves $400 hike in ambulance transport fee to fund lawsuit defense

Price increase would help pay for lawsuit defense

By Curtis Killman Tulsa World Aug 23, 2017

“No rate increase is budgeted for the Western Division as Oklahoma City has left all utility funds received in the utility fund,” EMSA Chief Financial Officer Kent Torrence said in a memo to board members regarding the rate increase.

The city of Tulsa, meanwhile, has drawn $6.6 million from the utility fund for non-EMSA needs, Torrence said.

EMSA doesn't even own the ambulances do they? Pull the damn contract.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2017, 12:41:08 pm »

I'm lucky in that I'm young enough that all cars had belts by the time I was old enough to remember anything and my parents made me use them, so they don't bug me in the least. Well, I take that back. I don't think my dad's early 60s Cadillac soft top (powder blue and longer than most boats) had belts in the back. Heck, it might not have had them in the front. I don't recall, as he got rid of it when I was 6 or so.

When my nephew's car slid off the highway, it flipped upon contact with the cable barrier.  The car began rolling along the top of the barrier, the metal posts leaving neat squares as they impaled the car body tumbling lengthwise down the cables.

He survived because he wore seat belts, and made his passengers do likewise.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2017, 01:46:01 pm »

When my nephew's car slid off the highway, it flipped upon contact with the cable barrier.  The car began rolling along the top of the barrier, the metal posts leaving neat squares as they impaled the car body tumbling lengthwise down the cables.

He survived because he wore seat belts, and made his passengers do likewise.

And yet somebody out there will have a story that no one survived due to seat belt use.  It's not perfect but it's better than getting thrown around in the cabin of the vehicle.  A few auto racing crashes I survived with little more than a concussion or less made me a believer in belts a long time ago.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2017, 04:46:37 pm »

And yet somebody out there will have a story that no one survived due to seat belt use.  It's not perfect but it's better than getting thrown around in the cabin of the vehicle.  A few auto racing crashes I survived with little more than a concussion or less made me a believer in belts a long time ago.

The odds are more in your favor when wearing seatbelts.  My dad had an approx 25 mph head-on with another car in the snow in NY long ago.  He had a couple of bruised elbows since that car had lap belts but was before shoulder belts.

I truly do not understand the excuses for not wearing a seatbelt.  My sister-in-law used to think she could brace herself in a sudden stop until my brother demonstrated that she couldn't even with emergency braking. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2017, 10:22:06 am »

And yet somebody out there will have a story that no one survived due to seat belt use.  It's not perfect but it's better than getting thrown around in the cabin of the vehicle.  A few auto racing crashes I survived with little more than a concussion or less made me a believer in belts a long time ago.

And that somebody is lying.  It is one of those diversionist/revisionist stories like a local football player about 35 years ago who was driving at over 100 mph, crashed into a barrier and was cut in half by his seat belt.  Yeah, you can say the seat belt killed him, but he would have been bug splat without.  The real cause of death was stupidity, aided by crashing at over 100 mph.  At least the family had more of a body to bury than just a pile of mush.

Nobody is ever better off without a seat belt in a wreck.  Ever.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org