A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:07:09 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owasso bond vote  (Read 5041 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: October 11, 2011, 04:25:02 pm »

Owasso votes on three bond issues today: street widening, soccer fields, and city parks.  I was number 628 just before 5PM, and according to one of the election volunteers, that's a good turn out.  The back and forth between those for and against the measures has been heated.

One disturbing note involved an elderly couple in line ahead of me.  The husband had his drivers license - a government issued photo ID is now a requirement for voting - but his wife did not.  Both were known to one of the registrars and she asked the boss lady if the woman could still vote.  Boss lady made a phone call, and I have to assume it went to the county election board.  When she got off the phone, the answer was "no, she cannot vote today without the identification."

So, is the right to vote inherent in the citizen or that government issued photo ID?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:34:10 pm »

So, is the right to vote inherent in the citizen or that government issued photo ID?

The photo ID requirement has been fairly well publicized.  I wonder why she didn't have one.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:01:16 am »

Thats the way it should be.....From the outcome it looks like they are finally getting tired of getting fleeced in Owassa.....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:04 pm »

Owasso votes on three bond issues today: street widening, soccer fields, and city parks.  I was number 628 just before 5PM, and according to one of the election volunteers, that's a good turn out.  The back and forth between those for and against the measures has been heated.

One disturbing note involved an elderly couple in line ahead of me.  The husband had his drivers license - a government issued photo ID is now a requirement for voting - but his wife did not.  Both were known to one of the registrars and she asked the boss lady if the woman could still vote.  Boss lady made a phone call, and I have to assume it went to the county election board.  When she got off the phone, the answer was "no, she cannot vote today without the identification."

Come on Ed, we have been through this so many times about the photo ID and voting.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 03:40:47 pm »

Come on Ed, we have been through this so many times about the photo ID and voting.

...and it's still wrong.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 03:50:01 pm »

...and it's still wrong.

+1

Thank you,
Robert Town
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 05:05:07 pm »

+1

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org