A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:05:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 386361 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1020 on: November 09, 2011, 01:00:08 pm »

"Pee Party". Love it Gasman. That's what I will call it from now on.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1021 on: November 09, 2011, 02:52:36 pm »

Better than the Ricin Four, who were inspired by a regular Fox News guest, I guess?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacks fan
« Reply #1022 on: November 09, 2011, 03:15:23 pm »

So it looks like Occupy Portland is ratchetting up their violence to fire bombs......

http://news.opb.org/article/portland-police-news-release-molotov-cocktail/
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1023 on: November 09, 2011, 03:18:15 pm »

So it looks like Occupy PEE PARTY Portland is ratchetting up their violence to fire bombs......

http://news.opb.org/article/portland-police-news-release-molotov-cocktail/

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1024 on: November 09, 2011, 03:18:34 pm »

OWS Oakland just made a $20,000 deposit in Wells Fargo a week after smashing the windows. 

Was that the window smashing that was done by a group of men all dressed in black, wearing masks and moving in a military-like fashion?
Noooo, that wasnt at all suspicious...  

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1025 on: November 09, 2011, 03:33:28 pm »

So it looks like Occupy Portland is ratchetting up their violence to fire bombs......

All Muslims are also molotov cocktail throwers. At least they're more successful. Also, all those who oppose the liberal agenda are murderers.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1026 on: November 09, 2011, 03:37:05 pm »

Chicago Board of Trade rains down McDonald's applications on the Chicago Pee Party.

In the middle of an Occupy Chicago teach-in this week, traders at the Chicago Board of Trade dumped several sheets of paper on top of the heads of protesters below. Demonstrators were angered to find out they were showered with employment applications for McDonald’s.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/traders-from-chicago-board-of-trade-dump-mcdonalds-applications-on-occupy-chicago-protesters/

dbacks fan
« Reply #1027 on: November 09, 2011, 03:40:53 pm »

All Muslims are also molotov cocktail throwers. At least they're more successful. Also, all those who oppose the liberal agenda are murderers.

So to be grammatically correct, I should have said member(s) of Occupy Portland. So sue me.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1028 on: November 09, 2011, 04:09:48 pm »

Chicago Board of Trade rains down McDonald's applications on the Chicago Pee Party.

I would also be annoyed, given that I already have a job at a much better wage.

What I don't get, however, is how that makes a difference. If they are in fact protesting their marginalization, it's more than a little dumb to claim that we shouldn't listen to their complaints because they've been marginalized. And given the 9.6% unemployment in Chicago's MSA, I dare say that telling them to just get a job is also more than a little dumb.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1029 on: November 09, 2011, 04:43:19 pm »

Was that the window smashing that was done by a group of men all dressed in black, wearing masks and moving in a military-like fashion?
Noooo, that wasnt at all suspicious...  

. . .and smelled like patchouli and @ss.

OMG! and they are disgracing the Mexican flag!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:48:13 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1030 on: November 09, 2011, 05:27:47 pm »

Oh, turns out the ricin plot ringleader was a Tea Partyist. That must mean the Tea Party is a terrorist organization!  Shocked

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1031 on: November 09, 2011, 05:48:04 pm »

I would also be annoyed, given that I already have a job at a much better wage.

This has nothing to do with you. It's about those crying at that Pee Party getting a taste of their own medicine from the 1%ers.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1032 on: November 09, 2011, 07:09:05 pm »

Oh, turns out the ricin plot ringleader was a Tea Partyist. That must mean the Tea Party is a terrorist organization!  Shocked

To be fair and balanced...if the Occupiers are going to be called Pee Partiers...shouldn't the Tea Partiers be referred to as Tea Baggers?

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1033 on: November 09, 2011, 07:14:12 pm »

To be fair and balanced...if the Occupiers are going to be called Pee Partiers...shouldn't the Tea Partiers be referred to as Tea Baggers?

The tea partiers are already called tea baggers. Although actual "tea bagging" isn't happening whereas pee partying is.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:16:24 pm by guido911 » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1034 on: November 10, 2011, 06:10:39 am »

The tea partiers are already called tea baggers. Although actual "tea bagging" isn't happening whereas pee partying is.

You do have a point there.

A couple of weeks ago someone had a photo of one of the public trash cans at the NYC protest. It was full of plastic grocery bags filled with human waste.  at that point I was tempted to call the them "smile baggers", because that was appropriate, but at the tome I thought it a bit crass.  I'll try and find that pic again.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org