A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:04:09 pm
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 379354 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #2040 on: November 16, 2013, 11:36:17 pm »

Boston Police obsessed with Occupy Protests missed bombing warnings.

Police documents about the activities of the Homeland Security-funded "fusion center" Boston Regional Intelligence Center (BRIC) show that on Sept. 30, 2011 — just two days after the second Russian warning about Tsarnaev was sent — the Boston police unit was focused on an upcoming “Take Back Boston Rally” planned for the city’s Dewey Square.
http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/09/18152849-unaware-of-tsarnaev-warnings-boston-counterterror-unit-tracked-protesters
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2041 on: November 17, 2013, 04:17:47 pm »

What is the point of this Monday morning quarterbacking? Is Boston now the hotbed of anti-free speech? Because everyone knows that Boston is rampant with red neck, anti-Pee Partiers. 

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2042 on: November 17, 2013, 05:55:59 pm »

What is the point of this Monday morning quarterbacking? Is Boston now the hotbed of anti-free speech? Because everyone knows that Boston is rampant with red neck, anti-Pee Partiers. 

Boston is the cutting edge of our new police state, Guido. They locked down whole neighborhoods to conduct door to door searches. And simply photographing them in action can result in felony charges.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2043 on: November 17, 2013, 06:07:18 pm »

Boston is the cutting edge of our new police state, Guido. They locked down whole neighborhoods to conduct door to door searches. And simply photographing them in action can result in felony charges.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com

Interesting read Ed.  I've not had need to ever photograph police officers on duty, but I will sure keep this in mind if/when the need ever arises for me to do so.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2044 on: November 21, 2013, 07:49:16 pm »

Boston is the cutting edge of our new police state, Guido.

Okay. Don't look now Ed. But there are black helicopters hovering above you right now. Or do I need to bust out the industrial strength bong pic because now you are crossing over.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2045 on: November 21, 2013, 08:38:33 pm »

Okay. Don't look now Ed. But there are black helicopters hovering above you right now. Or do I need to bust out the industrial strength bong pic because now you are crossing over.

Crossing over to what...the dark side? Ain't gonna happen.

I've never been a fan of over-reaching authority, and in many instances our police and security forces disregard our rights as citizens. Carlos Miller has had numerous run-ins with police officers who ignore the law and even their own department directives in misguided attempts to enforce their personal biases. I've encountered the same thing when riding a bicycle on public streets.

I was told -and I freely admit that I don't know this to be true - that the security guards at the BOK Center downtown have forbidden photos of the building, claiming that it's copyrighted and cannot be photographed. I've wandered around outside taking photos and I've never been hassled. But I read last week that one of the railroads sends take down notices if someone posts a photo of their locomotives. That's abusive, in my opinion, and it's using the law as a club on people who don't have the resources to fight a lawsuit. I certainly couldn't.

So it's one thing to know the law and know the limits of police authority. It's quite another to contest that authority even when the law is on our side.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #2046 on: November 26, 2013, 07:59:05 pm »

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=1302.msg113#msg113
No one has been killed while trying to escape in along time.  The fleeing felon law ended about 25 years ago.

Jury decides it's still illegal to shoot fleeing suspects in the back:

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma jury Tuesday convicted a veteran police captain of first-degree manslaughter in the death of an unarmed teenager who was running away after scuffling with the officer.

Del City Police Capt. Randy Trent Harrison shot Dane Scott Jr. in the back on March 14, 2012, following a high-speed chase that began when Harrison tried to pull over Scott's car.  Harrison had previously arrested Scott on drug violations, and prosecutors said his pursuit of the teenager crossed the line from professional to personal.

Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater told jurors during closing arguments Monday that Harrison put other people in danger when he fired four shots at Scott, placing bystanders and a fellow officer in harm's way before hitting the teenager in the back with the fourth shot.
Prater said Scott was "no threat at all" at the time. "He's running and holding his pants," the prosecutor added.

Harrison, a 23-year veteran officer in the Oklahoma City suburb, testified earlier Monday that he feared for his life.
Another police officer was running about 10 to 15 feet behind Scott and had just shot him with a Taser when Harrison fired the fatal shot, according to an affidavit.
The officer who used the Taser said he didn't see the teen with another weapon. Another witness said it appeared Scott was raising his hands, as if to surrender, when he was shot.

Capt Harrison decided too late to fall back on the "he went for my gun" defense that has recently allowed similar killers to evade charges.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:00:49 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #2047 on: November 26, 2013, 10:23:13 pm »

Officer Friendly
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2048 on: November 27, 2013, 12:40:53 pm »

You cannot but shake your head when a system is so broken, that deliberately shooting someone in the back is manslaughter, but an accidental cooking fire is murder.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2049 on: November 27, 2013, 02:32:13 pm »

You cannot but shake your head when a system is so broken, that deliberately shooting someone in the back is manslaughter, but an accidental cooking fire is murder.

2nd degree murder which is essentially the same thing as manslaughter in terms of punishment.

A very close friend of my father-in-law investigated the Del City case.  Let’s just say if the verdict were innocent there were going to be some seriously pissed off LEO’s.  Apparently one of the stray bullets did not miss another officer by much.  Sounds almost like this jackass had been looking for an excuse to shoot someone for some time, JMO.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2050 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:52 pm »

2nd degree murder which is essentially the same thing as manslaughter in terms of punishment.

A very close friend of my father-in-law investigated the Del City case.  Let’s just say if the verdict were innocent there were going to be some seriously pissed off LEO’s.  Apparently one of the stray bullets did not miss another officer by much.  Sounds almost like this jackass had been looking for an excuse to shoot someone for some time, JMO.

Perhaps its just the gravity of the term "murder." 
It should describe something deliberate and vile, and not be some political "gotcha."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #2051 on: November 28, 2013, 07:50:24 pm »

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma jury Tuesday convicted a veteran police captain of first-degree manslaughter in the death of an unarmed teenager who was running away after scuffling with the officer.

Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater told jurors during closing arguments Monday that Harrison put other people in danger when he fired four shots at Scott, placing bystanders and a fellow officer in harm's way before hitting the teenager in the back with the fourth shot.
Prater said Scott was "no threat at all" at the time. "He's running and holding his pants," the prosecutor added.

Capt Harrison decided too late to fall back on the "he went for my gun" defense that has recently allowed similar killers to evade charges.

Almost a carbon copy of the shooting here:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/new-details-emerge-in-fatal-shooting-involving-ohp-trooper/article_a2f1bb27-76b8-5ada-b667-dba03b14db32.html

and here:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/probe-into-off-duty-trooper-who-fatally-shot-man-goes/article_35b2d8a9-2465-5e0f-8bac-564f8b4e778c.html

and here:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/trooper-shoots-man-who-he-said-tried-to-grab-his/article_ef88f23c-1e44-5495-9e31-ac3659df4850.html

Maybe we are ready for a new D.A., but this time one not quite so afraid of the police unions.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #2052 on: December 01, 2013, 06:53:40 pm »

THIS is murder:
"I got the end of my Taser and I probably … I just start smashing his face to hell"
 -- Officer Jay Cicinelli deposition on the fatal beating of a homeless man.  http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-kelly-thomas-20131201,0,1692449,full.story

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2053 on: May 06, 2014, 06:56:18 am »

Hate to dredge this subject up again, but we need justice for Cecily apparently.

In the two years awaiting trial, Cecily was never offered anything less than a felony charge, a charge that would stay with her for the rest of her life. While awaiting a trial, Cecily has lived in limbo for two years, not knowing what her future would be, forced to re-live her trauma every one of those days. Beyond the sexual assault and physical injuries she sustained, Cecily suffered PTSD and has had difficulty finishing her master’s degree and continuing her work as a union organizer and activist.

http://justiceforcecily.com/

This was trending on twitter last night, with people apparently heading over to Zucotti Park.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:58:25 am by guido911 » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2054 on: May 06, 2014, 11:12:08 am »

Hate to dredge this subject up again, but we need justice for Cecily apparently.

http://justiceforcecily.com/

This was trending on twitter last night, with people apparently heading over to Zucotti Park.

I'm sure they will accomplish great things.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org