A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:51:11 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10th & Main  (Read 3784 times)
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« on: October 01, 2011, 05:29:00 pm »

Anyone know what is going on with the building at the SE corner? Looks like they knocked out part of the building and remodeling the rest.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:33:44 pm »

The're is something about prayer writen on the interior of the glass.  I'm guessing it's something to do with FUMC.  I know it's hard to thank of a church NOT knocking down a building and turning it into parking, but it seems like it might be true.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 06:46:43 pm »

The're is something about prayer writen on the interior of the glass.  I'm guessing it's something to do with FUMC.  I know it's hard to thank of a church NOT knocking down a building and turning it into parking, but it seems like it might be true.

Should be more like FYMC.  Sorry, I've just seen some churchianity come out of that place.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 10:34:26 am »

Well awesome. Nice to see a church remodeling a building rather than condemning it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 07:05:31 am »

A couple of small buildings were demolished at 14th and Boston recently and are now part of the Blue Cross and Blue Sheild parking lot expansion. It wont be long until Uptown consists of three or four buildings and a bunch of parking lots.  Angry
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:47:45 am »

A couple of small buildings were demolished at 14th and Boston recently and are now part of the Blue Cross and Blue Sheild parking lot expansion. It wont be long until Uptown consists of three or four buildings and a bunch of parking lots.  Angry

Eventually that area will have a number of townhomes and apartments on those parking lots.  It is the perfect location next to downtown and between two nice, established neighborhoods with close proximity to the river.  All it needs is the right developer/visionary to jumpstart things.  Wish H&P as the main office tenant in the area would be more like Chesapeake and redevelop the 'hood.  They have the ability to make that happen.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org