A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:45:40 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cherry Street makeover  (Read 46134 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2015, 09:22:29 pm »

No common sense in Oklahoma.  What's our education ranking at, again?  Maybe if we were to break into the mid 30s, we wouldn't need the signs

Problem is, aren't we now assuming that they can actually read the signs?  Tongue

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2015, 10:09:47 pm »

You're welcome.  I'll be looking for you.

Grin

Just tell my you have crosshairs in the viewing range on your Beemer!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2015, 12:13:15 am »

Just tell my you have crosshairs in the viewing range on your Beemer!

Minor point but I have a Bimmer.

Beemer = 2 wheel motorcycle from BMW
Bimmer = 4 wheel automobile from BMW

Per info from BMW Car Club of America.

Beemer and Beezer are from motorcycles of BMW and BSA.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2015, 03:02:19 pm »

I believe the law is for drivers to stop for pedestrians in/on the crosswalk.  No need for the drivers to stop if you are still up on the sidewalk.  Step off the sidewalk onto the crosswalk and I believe you get the right to continue.  Just don't be dead right. 

Motorists must yield for pedestrians regardless of where they cross, but some of the blame shifts to pedestrians hit while not in crosswalks.

Last night:

Tulsa police say an officer drove up on a body near Admiral and North Sheridan Road just before 10 p.m. Friday. The victim was taken to a hospital where he later died.

Early in the investigation, police say a man approached the officers and told them he was the driver that hit the pedestrian. That man is an off-duty Osage Tribal Police officer who told police he wasn't sure he'd hit anything but came back to the scene to make sure, authorities say.

The area was dark, and the pedestrian had not been in a crosswalk, according to Tulsa police. Police have not made any arrests in this incident.

The victim is an unknown, homeless man, records show.

http://www.newson6.com/story/28959600/man-killed-hit-by-car-on-east-tulsa-street

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
rdj
City Father

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2015, 07:59:39 am »

They need signs in the middle strip that say STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS.

Some flowers and more trees would be great. The lighting at night needs major improvements. I can't tell you how many times people have walked out in front of me that I never saw because the lighting is so terrible. Thankfully I drive much slower through there at night because of that. I don't know how someone hasn't been seriously hurt yet.

Traffic calming is important... they could use some small center medians with plantings (similar to Brookside) to help slow traffic down, and make pedestrians feel safer crossing the street. 

Um, someone was killed crossing Cherry St two years ago.

http://www.newson6.com/story/21087669/family-of-grandmother-killed-by-hit-and-run-driver-plead-for-information

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2015, 09:21:54 am »

Wheezers and Whizzers....

Potatoe potato...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2015, 12:08:52 pm »

They must not know about the bonus points.
1 point for every pedestrian,  2 points for a bicyclist.
First driver to 100 points wins.

Grin

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2015, 12:23:59 pm »

Just remembered where a lot of us got are training on dealing with pedestrians in the 70's

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2015, 01:36:29 pm »

I knew I would manage to mangle that.  I’ll correct the next BMW rider who refers to his two-wheeled steed as a “Bimmer”  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org