A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:37:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cherry Street makeover  (Read 45928 times)
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2015, 12:50:12 am »

They need signs in the middle strip that say STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS.

Some flowers and more trees would be great. The lighting at night needs major improvements. I can't tell you how many times people have walked out in front of me that I never saw because the lighting is so terrible. Thankfully I drive much slower through there at night because of that. I don't know how someone hasn't been seriously hurt yet.

Traffic calming is important... they could use some small center medians with plantings (similar to Brookside) to help slow traffic down, and make pedestrians feel safer crossing the street. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2015, 09:15:04 am »

They need these in Brookside too. 

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2015, 10:20:57 am »

Some flowers and more trees would be great. The lighting at night needs major improvements. I can't tell you how many times people have walked out in front of me that I never saw because the lighting is so terrible. Thankfully I drive much slower through there at night because of that. I don't know how someone hasn't been seriously hurt yet.

Traffic calming is important... they could use some small center medians with plantings (similar to Brookside) to help slow traffic down, and make pedestrians feel safer crossing the street. 

Cherry Street should have some Cherry Trees I think. Right now it has one at Quincy.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2015, 04:50:19 pm »

Similar to the ones in Jenks?

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2015, 07:20:07 pm »

Similar to the ones in Jenks?

Does Jenks have them on Main Street?

Something like this:

I mean really, how much can these costs? Why they haven't been installed yet just blows my mind.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2015, 07:27:47 pm »

Something like this:

I mean really, how much can these costs? Why they haven't been installed yet just blows my mind.

That looks like them.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2015, 08:07:17 pm »

Something like this:

Amazing! In every other state we travel to, drivers know to stop when there is someone in a crosswalk.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2015, 08:10:40 pm »

Amazing! In every other state we travel to, drivers know to stop when there is someone in a crosswalk.

They must not know about the bonus points.

1 point for every pedestrian,  2 points for a bicyclist.
First driver to 100 points wins.

Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2015, 09:19:35 pm »

How long have you been here??  It's Oklahoma.  We just this week finally got a law against texting while driving.  And it wasn't even important enough to take effect until November....   (No emergency clause).

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2015, 06:10:42 am »

Something like this:

You mean we really have to post signs to tell people not to run over people? and you shouldn't "Because it's the law?"

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2015, 08:27:15 am »

They must not know about the bonus points.

1 point for every pedestrian,  2 points for a bicyclist.
First driver to 100 points wins.

Grin

I like being a high point value target!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2015, 08:56:14 am »

You mean we really have to post signs to tell people not to run over people? and you shouldn't "Because it's the law?"

Same question I posted to LandArch....

How long have you been here??  It's Oklahoma!!

And yes, we do have to tell people not to run over people!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
saintnicster
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2015, 09:16:46 am »

No common sense in Oklahoma.  What's our education ranking at, again?  Maybe if we were to break into the mid 30s, we wouldn't need the signs
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2015, 11:30:16 am »

The shielded street lighting they put in 2 years ago was a big improvement.  Its much more uniform than the Hodge-podge of lights they could hang on random poles.  My only criticism is they used earlier generations of LEDs that are a bit too blue; today its common to find LEDs that are the color of incandescent lights.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2015, 06:39:25 pm »

I like being a high point value target!

You're welcome.  I'll be looking for you.

Grin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org