A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:07:57 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren Sez!  (Read 63313 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2012, 08:41:13 pm »

Long live thread!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2012, 08:43:05 pm »

I always suspected RM and Admin were secretly conspiring....

We have a whole committee conspiring against you. Admin is chair and I am vice chair. The other three dozen people are just sub-committee chairs.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2012, 08:50:57 pm »

We have a whole committee conspiring against you. Admin is chair and I am vice chair. The other three dozen people are just sub-committee chairs.

Can I join?  Or am I being conspired against, too?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2012, 01:58:05 pm »

Reid: No votes so Brown can debate Warren

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/09/reid-no-votes-so-brown-can-debate-warren-136170.html

Majority Leader Harry Reid abruptly scrapped votes in the Senate on Thursday so Sen. Scott Brown could participate in a high-profile debate with Elizabeth Warren in Boston.

"No more votes today," Reid (D-Nev.) said on the floor. "It's obvious to me what's going on. I've been to a few of these rodeos. It is obvious there is a big stall taking place. One of the senators who doesn't want to debate tonight won't be in a debate. While he can't use the Senate as an excuse, there will be no more votes today."

The announcement came moments after Brown told the Boston Globe he would skip the debate if there were votes Thursday night in the Senate. Democrats immediately questioned whether Republicans were preventing quick votes in order to give Brown an excuse to skip the debate. Republicans denied the charge.

The move also ensures the pre-election session of the Senate will extend at least one more day. If there is no agreement on votes, including on a six-month government funding bill, final action could be pushed back until next week.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2012, 05:00:05 pm »

You have to admire
Warren for using Inhofe as a tool for
her election by threatening
his place in the Senate
would lead to his power in
environmental legislation .
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2012, 12:17:34 pm »

Strange after all the school and sports team mascots stories that these folks didn't think this would be called out.

Scott Brown Staffers Do ‘Tomahawk Chop’ at Rally

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/scott-brown-staffers-do-tomahawk-chop-at-rally/

Sen. Scott Brown’s campaign staffers were caught on video that is now playing on YouTube making Native American “war whoops” and doing “tomahawk chops” at a Brown campaign rally.
The recording was made Saturday near the Eire Pub in Boston during a rally for the Republican’s reelection bid.
The chants and motions are a reference to the controversy surrounding Elizabeth Warren’s self-identification as Native American, which has been a topic of a lot of discussion in the Massachusetts Senate race. Warren is Brown’s Democratic challenger.

The Brown campaign staffers shown in the video are Brown’s Deputy Chief of Staff Greg Casey, GOP Operative Brad Garrett and Constituent Service Counsel Jack Richard, Boston’s WCVB reported.
Brown said today that, “I haven’t seen it. This is the first I’m hearing of it…  I don’t know what you’re specifically referring to.”

He added, however, “Certainly that’s not something I condone. It’s certainly something that if I am aware of it, I’ll tell that member to never do it again.”

The video was posted by Blue Mass Group, a progressive blog focusing on Massachusetts politics, and it comes on the heels of a newly released ad from the Brown campaign revisiting the controversy over Warren’s Native American claims which first surfaced in the spring.

The video also comes at a time when the Warren campaign is facing questions regarding her past legal work. News surfaced this morning that Warren had represented a coal mining company in a bankruptcy case.
In a statement to ABC News the Massachusetts Democratic party called the behavior in the video “inappropriate.”

“Scott Brown’s campaign is flailing and in trouble, and this is yet another sign of that. Scott Brown and his staff are launching outrageous and offensive personal attacks to distract from the issues that matter. The behavior of his staff is completely inappropriate, but the tone of the campaign is set by the candidate,” said Democratic party spokesman Matt House.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2012, 09:38:54 pm »

Racist pigs just handed Warren a victory.

RIP Little Red...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2018, 10:31:55 pm »

LOL..!!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2018, 10:51:57 pm »

LOL..!!!

Doing the nitrous boogie again tonight, huh?

Losing track of time...or maybe 2012 is current to you...??

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org