A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:14:13 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garlic Rose Closing  (Read 6953 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: September 28, 2011, 01:25:15 pm »

Per Garlic Rose FB post:

Well friends....after nearly 9 years we have decided to close. Our last evening will be this Saturday, October 1st. We greatly appreciate your continuous support over the years!! We have met so many WONDERFUL people and have made so many unforgettable memories! Thank you to everyone! Come join us for our last week! We will be open everyday for lunch and dinner! On FRiday night we will have a great jazz band on the patio and Saturday evening Tommy Tripplehorn will be playing the piano! Hope to see you this week!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 01:32:37 pm »

Per Garlic Rose FB post:

Didn't they also own Green Onion?

How is The Chalkboard doing?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:20:39 pm »

I go to the Chalkboard periodically for business lunches and it is usually pretty crowded.  I haven't been there for dinner in a while.  It's a shame about Garlic Rose, but then I realize I haven't been there in 3 years.

On a somewhat related note, geographically at least, I recently noticed the BruHouse was boarded up.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:38:06 pm »

Regarding BruHouse:

http://tulsabusiness.com/m/Articles.aspx?ArticleID=53233
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:34:48 pm »

Damn, I really liked Garlic Rose.  It will be interesting to see what takes its place.  Great spot right there next to Cafe Ole and Brasserie with the courtyard seating.

I'll have to try out R Bar..

“The concept is craft everything: craft beer, craft cocktails, craft wine and craft food,” Royal said. “It will be something different and unusual that is not in every bar and restaurant in town.”

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 06:32:09 pm »

How sad, I liked Garlic Rose. Wonder what made them decide to close, was it the "failed" GR II, though it was always insane busy when we where out that way so not to sure why that location closed either.

Thank you,
Robert Town
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 01:26:09 pm »

Josh Royal is a good guy, I'm very happy for him.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 01:30:09 pm »

Josh Royal is a good guy, I'm very happy for him.

Seconded
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 02:56:32 pm »

Sounds very interesting. 

Didn't Bill Grant also step into Sprouts after its initial ownership situation dissolved?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org