A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:38:56 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) St. Francis Expansion  (Read 19468 times)
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »

From what I understand, the only reason St. Francis became a Level 2 trauma center was because it did not meet all the qualifications for maintaining their Level 1 when they had it...by that, I mean they were required to have certain staff available when they needed it at all times and within a certain time frame. I think it was an issue with the neurology or anesthesia department having docs who were not willing to be available in addition to losing a few docs. Again, this is just what I heard from people that use to work there. I think their emergency room (or "Trauma Emergency Center" as they like to call it) is more than capable of handling any type of trauma or disaster-related events. One thing they need to update is the old parking garage on the East end of the campus. The cramped spaces have evidence of vehicles scraping on the walls, pillars, and turns.

And teaclowntown, I would not be so worried about MRSA. Every time hospitals discharge an isolation patient with MRSA, the room is decontaminated. In essence, we all have MRSA since the bug is opportunistic and I think most hospital docs will tell you the same thing. Most hospitals require a nasal swab for MRSA during admission as a standard operating procedure since if you acquire MRSA in the hospital, insurance is less likely to cover for it. Therefore, if the hospital proves you had it before you came in, their butts are covered. In addition, if you've ever had a history of MRSA, you're put on isolation precautions anyway regardless of whether or not you actively have it. This makes the situation look much worse than it really is. In this day and age, unless I had an open wound in the hospital, I would be much more worried about C. diff than MRSA...it is highly contagious and hard to clean. You can kill MRSA simply by using a germicidal alcohol wipe. The only way to kill C. diff is high heat and bleach wipes. And C. diff can live on surfaces for weeks and even months.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 07:17:19 pm »

And teaclowntown, I would not be so worried about MRSA. Every time hospitals discharge an isolation patient with MRSA, the room is decontaminated. In essence, we all have MRSA since the bug is opportunistic and I think most hospital docs will tell you the same thing. Most hospitals require a nasal swab for MRSA during admission as a standard operating procedure since if you acquire MRSA in the hospital, insurance is less likely to cover for it. Therefore, if the hospital proves you had it before you came in, their butts are covered. In addition, if you've ever had a history of MRSA, you're put on isolation precautions anyway regardless of whether or not you actively have it. This makes the situation look much worse than it really is. In this day and age, unless I had an open wound in the hospital, I would be much more worried about C. diff than MRSA...it is highly contagious and hard to clean. You can kill MRSA simply by using a germicidal alcohol wipe. The only way to kill C. diff is high heat and bleach wipes. And C. diff can live on surfaces for weeks and even months.

I think pretty much everyone has MRSA on them at one time or another.  (Kind of like brown recluse spiders - everyone has them in their house whether they know it or not).  We have 6 people in the family that have had it at one time or another - some more than once.  5 of them needed hospitalization, and one got surgery to remove the lesion, and one was in hospital for about 6 weeks!  Yucky stuff!!

And that pink has kind of grown on me over the decades, so would hate to see it go.  Kind of like the Blue Whale - it has become an icon.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 09:46:16 pm »

I hate the pink, in the sense of color choice. But if they ever get rid of it I will be sad, because I agree, it has become iconic.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 06:15:47 pm »

Tower crane is up.  Since this is one of the biggest projects U/C in Tulsa I think it deserves a sticky.  I'll take some pics when it's further along.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

Tower crane is up.  Since this is one of the biggest projects U/C in Tulsa I think it deserves a sticky.  I'll take some pics when it's further along.

I also think it is the best looking project currently under construction. I'm very excited to see this building come up.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 01:26:24 pm »

This project has a webcam for any of you interested in watching the progress.

Edit: there are actually three camera angles to view.  
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:27:57 pm by Urban Enthusiast » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 08:25:51 pm »

Two tower cranes now.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 07:40:57 am »

There is also an image up of the new bank building going up across the way.  If they ever put in the shopping development there on the corner all of this will really start to make that area feel quite nice.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
davideinstein
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 05:14:54 pm »

There is also an image up of the new bank building going up across the way.  If they ever put in the shopping development there on the corner all of this will really start to make that area feel quite nice.

I don't see what the hold up is...or why a couple of anchor stores would not want to locate on that corner.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org