A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:50 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rusty Crane  (Read 18334 times)
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48:52 pm »

Ate there with my dad today.
Great food. Will certainly go back to try other things.
We had the Trojan Horse. It was great but a little heavy on the Feta.
We also had the ambassador. It was simply excellent. The tabouli looked different than any I had before but was outstanding.
Great salsa and chips, the guac is a little heavy on lime but still good.
Service was almost too good, lol. I forgot how many times we were asked if we needed more chips, salsa, or refills.
The place has a great feel to it too.

Will be back for lunch, I want to take my wife there for dinner, and it seems like a great place to grab a drink after work.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 12:45:17 pm »

Didn't get to eat there due to the aforementioned issues with kitchen hours.

So I ordered a Guinness. Menu said $8 (20oz glass, I believe). I thought that was a bit high. Got the bill and saw that didn't include our state's tax on liquor (13.5%). So the total for one Guiness is $9.08.

And I've bought beers for $20-25 before (really good beers in other states). But Guinness does not qualify as really good beer. It's slightly better than Bud, Miller, Coors.

I know we had a thread on it before, about a group suing for the practice of adding that tax on top of the advertised price, which they say is illegal. I can't find any updates on the suit's progress.

http://www.newson6.com/story/15294308/lawsuit-filed-against-oklahoma-restaurants-over-liquor-tax
http://www.liquortaxlawsuit.com/

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 01:01:56 pm »

But Guinness does not qualify as really good beer. It's slightly better than Bud, Miller, Coors.

I declare you crazy.

I agree, that's a hell of a high cost for any beer.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 11:51:16 am »

Massive fail over the weekend...I won't go back. Lousy, inept service.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 12:50:50 pm »

Another try at eating there, another failure. The kitchen was closed as of midnight on a Friday night.

So much for the much-publicized "kitchen open until 2am." It wasn't open that late the first Saturday night they were in business. It wasn't any other time I tried.

I do wonder if they ever actually stayed open until 2am or just gave up on that concept without actually trying it (and closing it way earlier because business is slow at that point does not count as trying).

Maybe they meant the kitchen would be open until 2am once. They just forgot to let anybody know what day that was.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org