A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:27:45 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods  (Read 47492 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2012, 09:28:53 pm »

American Wire Gauge

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2012, 09:41:54 am »

AWG?

All White Guys
Average White Guys
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:33:55 am by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2013, 11:23:25 am »

Expansion on Brookside is under way.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:23 pm »

If you ever find yourself at Whole Foods on a Saturday, you know how packed that place gets.  It's hard to even get a cart through the isles. 

I have a solution though.

As soon as you walk in, go to the customer service desk and tell them that the owner of a metallic colored Subaru has left their lights on.  Once they make the announcement, everyone will leave the store giving you more room to browse around.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2013, 02:28:26 pm »

That or have them announce someone is giving away free Birkenstocks or Tom's in the parking lot.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
marc
Activist

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »

Oh and we will have two and OKC will still only have one.

This is an old video I just ran across, but I see they were certainly excited ("super-excited") in Oklahoma City when they got their first Whole Foods Market back in October 2011.

Someone at another board said the OKC store is better set up because it was built from the ground up to be a Whole Foods, while the Tulsa location on 41st was a Wild Oats until the buyout in 2007. I can't say because I haven't been to the OKC store, but I understand they would never have gotten one at all without Aubrey McClendon and Chesapeake.

Anyway, it's nice that Tulsa will have two Whole Foods stores. I used to enjoy Borders Books and Music, and probably annoyed several people by bragging that literate Tulsa had two stores while bigger OKC had just one. Yes, it was a corporate chain bookstore, but I loved it, great atmosphere and selection. Any bragging rights are irrelevant now, as no one anywhere has a Borders bookstore.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRj2MtmaoeU[/youtube]

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2013, 06:25:17 pm »

This is an old video I just ran across, but I see they were certainly excited ("super-excited") in Oklahoma City when they got their first Whole Foods Market back in October 2011.

Someone at another board said the OKC store is better set up because it was built from the ground up to be a Whole Foods, while the Tulsa location on 41st was a Wild Oats until the buyout in 2007. I can't say because I haven't been to the OKC store, but I understand they would never have gotten one at all without Aubrey McClendon and Chesapeake.

Anyway, it's nice that Tulsa will have two Whole Foods stores. I used to enjoy Borders Books and Music, and probably annoyed several people by bragging that literate Tulsa had two stores while bigger OKC had just one. Yes, it was a corporate chain bookstore, but I loved it, great atmosphere and selection. Any bragging rights are irrelevant now, as no one anywhere has a Borders bookstore.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRj2MtmaoeU[/youtube]

And ironic that one of our Borders stores became home to a chief competitor with Whole Foods.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2013, 12:21:03 pm »

Irony. Smiley

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2013, 09:02:05 am »

Whole Foods on Brookside:

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2013, 10:32:03 am »

Context?  Additional eating space or is this for cooking classes, etc.?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2013, 10:39:20 am »

Context?  Additional eating space or is this for cooking classes, etc.?

Their cafe build-out.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2013, 11:20:17 am »

Just allows for wider aisles and more space. We like more space! And restrooms! Great store.

The new one should be open by October/November!!!!!!!!!!!!
rdj
City Father

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2013, 02:24:40 pm »

Whole Foods on Brookside:

All I see is blank space but if I hit quote I see the hyperlink to a picture and can copy and paste into my browser to see the image.  Seems to happen a lot here.  Do I not have access to the super secret photos?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2013, 02:30:02 pm »

Photo is over-sized, your browser settings might not allow you to see it in the forum window due to this.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org