A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:43:16 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods  (Read 47862 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 11:30:58 am »

I've been a label reader for a long time and agree on the brats and links. I usually go some where way they make their own for the reasons you mention. As for veggies, when I lived in AZ I ould often go to to farmers markets because I could get some stuff year round. I need to find a good meat market here.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2011, 11:34:21 am »

I need to find a good meat market here.

We call them "singles functions" to keep it classy.
dbacks fan
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:31 am »

We call them "singles functions" to keep it classy.

Have you ever been to SW Oregon? It's almost People of Walmart Heaven.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 11:49:36 am »

Have you ever been to SW Oregon? It's almost People of Walmart Heaven.

Cellulite with hair on it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2011, 01:45:50 pm »

^^^Of course, bless their hearts, they just can't help it. Wink
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2012, 03:00:28 pm »

Per TW:

NE corner behind QT:

Tuscana retail development to begin construction next week

The economy remains sluggish, but that's not stopping the development of a high-end shopping center at 91st Street and Yale Avenue.

The retail component of Tuscana on Yale, a mixed-use development that includes a 20,000-square-foot office building completed last year, will feature two two-story buildings totaling 33,000 square feet.

Construction on the $9 million to $10 million project should begin next week.

Clint Brumble, co-owner of the development along with Bryan Hendershot, said it is already 50 percent leased out, and they're hoping to fill the rest with high-quality stores and restaurants.

"It'll all be high-end," he said. "We're not looking for just anything."

Keo Asian Cuisine, a Brookside restaurant, has committed to an additional location in Tuscana. Brumble said he and Hendershot are in talks with an Italian restaurant and a combination sandwich, yogurt and bagel place, along with spas and boutiques.

Brumble said the existing retail spaces in the neighborhood are all full, and he noted that Whole Foods Market has announced its intention to build a grocery store in the area.

"Whole Foods will help bring more attention to our corner," he said.

The two new Tuscana buildings will surround a courtyard that will be used for concerts and other live entertainment, Brumble said. The upper floors, totaling 8,000 square feet, will be office space.

Brumble and Hendershot have plans for an additional phase of Tuscana, and they're not waiting around. Brumble said they should begin construction on four 7,000-square-foot office buildings within 60 days.

Like the original office building, the new retail and office buildings will all share Tuscan-styled architecture.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=32&articleid=20120107_32_E1_CUTLIN403579
rdj
City Father

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2012, 03:02:13 pm »

Fresh Market will be occupying the old Borders at 81st & Yale.  Should be announced soon.  Lease is finalized.

Be interesting how Food Pyramid does with the addition of two higher end grocers to the area.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »

Fresh Market will be occupying the old Borders at 81st & Yale.  Should be announced soon.  Lease is finalized.

Be interesting how Food Pyramid does with the addition of two higher end grocers to the area.

Food Pyramid leases are underwritten by AWG, I think. But you make a good observation. Look for some consolidation.

There exists another consciousness grocer coming to Tulsa other than WPC and FM...they just opened a store in OKC which seems to be a home run.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2012, 03:36:12 pm »

Food Pyramid leases are underwritten by AWG, I think. But you make a good observation. Look for some consolidation.

There exists another consciousness grocer coming to Tulsa other than WPC and FM...they just opened a store in OKC which seems to be a home run.

What's the name of the OKC operation?

We went into the new Whole Paycheck up on 63rd and it's really nice.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2012, 04:47:21 pm »

Sunflower Market

Yes, as long as AWG decides to have an office in Tulsa Food Pyramid will continue.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2012, 05:05:45 pm »

Sunflower Market

Yes, as long as AWG decides to have an office in Tulsa Food Pyramid will continue.

AWG?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »

Sunflower Market

Where is Sunflower Market going?  I had heard by Tulsa Hills but not sure if that's true.

It would be nice to see both vacant Borders become Fresh Markets.  They have one in Norman and it's a nice alternative to WF (along with Sunflower).

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:00 pm »

AWG?

I'm guessing one of

• Associated Wholesale Grocers
  • Association for Women Geoscientists
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2012, 08:16:34 pm »

always wanting grub

Power is nothing till you use it.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2012, 08:38:07 pm »

What is with South Tulsa's obsession with Tuscany?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org