A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:23:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New site, new look  (Read 127257 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2012, 08:17:53 am »

Funny, I don’t have those problems with my iPhone when I download apps.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2012, 06:29:24 pm »

If you have the option to have the purchase billed to your credit card/debit card, that's how I do mine.  I don't trust the carrier for billing on the regular billing half the time.  Let alone app purchases.

yeh, I bet money it's something on my tMo account...might try it again here in a sec.

Funny, I don’t have those problems with my iPhone when I download apps.

I bet you don't get as drunk as I do either.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:30:56 pm by TheMindWillNotLetGo » Logged
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2012, 06:33:03 pm »

lol, I didn't see and/or check the "I agree to TOS" button the other night...is that why they call it "blind drunk"? Cheesy  

installing now.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2012, 06:44:42 pm »

Something for you to be proud of, I'm sure.

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2012, 07:13:52 pm »

Something for you to be proud of, I'm sure.

don't be mad bro.  I'm a old school okie, from back when deals were made on how you hold your liquor.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2012, 09:31:34 pm »

don't be mad bro.  I'm a old school okie, from back when deals were made on how you hold your liquor.

I'm not mad, or angry either. It's your liver.  I used to brag about getting drunk a l-o-n-g time ago in college and the Navy.  It's not so cool anymore as I've seen too many friends and relatives turn into alcoholics.  I also don't care for a headache the next day.  That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a few beers in quantities above what the militant non-drinkers label as casual social drinking. 

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2012, 09:58:51 pm »

I'm not mad, or angry either. It's your liver.  I used to brag about getting drunk a l-o-n-g time ago in college and the Navy.  It's not so cool anymore as I've seen too many friends and relatives turn into alcoholics.  I also don't care for a headache the next day.  That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a few beers in quantities above what the militant non-drinkers label as casual social drinking.

As I said, I'm a old man.  I know it's "not cool" and I don't give a love.  I still smoke.

I don't care for the headaches the next day either, that is why I don't drink booze that gives me a headache.

You see?

in your 20's = grumble about smile that the interenet tells you you should grumble about

in your 30's = tell dudes in their 40's what they are doing wrong

in your 40's = do smile that tells those in their 20's what they think they should be bitching about

in your 50's = make sure that you are making profits on steps 1-3, and if not, then make sure you made a golden parachute.

in your 60's = be on a boat, or relegate yourself to your place in life

in your 70's = die.  if not, then repeat the last step.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2012, 10:18:44 pm »

As I said, I'm a old man.  I know it's "not cool" and I don't give a love.  I still smoke.
I don't care for the headaches the next day either, that is why I don't drink booze that gives me a headache.

I'm not exactly a youngster.  I used to smoke a pipe (tobacco) and cigars but quit.  I wasn't enjoying it anymore and too many family and friends were dying due to smoking related health issues.  When I was a teenager, the Ouija Board said I was going to live to 105 yrs old.  I don't want the last decades to be in a nursing home.  I am not a fitness nut but do try to avoid truly detrimental activities.  I'm glad you found some booze that doesn't give you a headache.  You are either lucky or lying about how drunk you get.

dbacks fan
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2012, 10:30:05 pm »

I'm glad you found some booze that doesn't give you a headache.  You are either lucky or lying about how drunk you get.

I don't think his ego will let him say one way ot the other.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2012, 07:08:16 am »

In Oklahoma the prevailing attitudes when you mention alchohol are "get drunk" or "it's evil and bad for you".  It's those attitudes about alchohol that causes so many problems here in Oklahoma and keeps our absurd liquor laws in place.

Rather than have a prevailing attitude that...

lWhile the brain is young and still developing, Kids shouldn't drink it, for it can alter that important process.  But when your older, and like most other things, in moderation and with good habits, alchohol is no big deal.  Couple servings a day, with meal and or friends, it can be part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.  And, just like with sex, food, video games, prescription drugs, "thrill seeking" etc. we must keep an eye out for our friends when excesses/problems and addictions arise and have systems in place to help them when those exceptions occur.  But again, for most, in moderation (2-3 servings max, over the course of a day) and with good habits, alchohol can be part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.  

Having the attitude that drinking is bad and evil, actually creates a situation where healthy attitudes, lifestyles, and responses to alchohol are NOT learned and taught, and thus irony of ironies, leads to... "bad and evil" related attitudes, lifestyles and responses to alchohol.

Mention having a drink here and your likely to get "it's bad" or "Yea! let's get drunk!"   I get tired of that frankly.  Course here in this state, we can't even create good eating habits and lifestyle choices and kill ourselves off at a higher rate because of it than just about any other state, and most countries for that matter.  We have more heart disease, more blindness from diabetes and limbs being damaged or even CUT OFF from diabetes than just about any place else just as one example.

So when your on here bragging about "getting drunk".  Know your part of the problem in this state.  Your part of the culture that, instead of inculcating good attitudes, habits and lifestlye choices, is instead doing just the opposite.  It's not good for you, and it's not good for people around you including young adults and children hearing it. And you know what, it's part and parcel of the very thing a lot of people on here complain about, our absurd and out-dated liquor laws.  Perhaps you deserve what you get in that respect.  You have now "drunk and seen the spider".  Perhaps, once more people begin to become part of a reasonable, responsible, culture, then reasonable laws will prevail.

I have drunk alchohol most of my adult life.  But have never been "drunk" once.  Just like when I was a young person and was told, "If you have eaten till your full, you have eaten too much."  I was also told,  "If you drink till your drunk, you have had too much."  I remember when I was in Paris and mentioned having a drink and a quick snack or something to eat.  The response was completely the opposite of what you get a lot of here.  There, not even a bat of an eye and you would perhaps have one or two drinks with a small snack at a cafe or apartment.  Here, DRINK! yea! I will get a bottle of Vodka, you get some mixers and we will go out afterwards and DRINK MORE!  Drink= drinking so much you get drunk, thats the goal, that's what alchohol is.  I am like pancakes! lol, why can't people here be normal lol. It's just sickening here and its sad.  Not everyone is that way here mind you, but a LOT more than there should be.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:32:24 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2012, 01:37:36 pm »

A)  I ain't bragging about anything...I'm not trying to win any contest or anything either, I just happen be able to consume a significant quantity. 

What I don't care for is a bunch of preaching about how I utilize my time, from people who do not know me.

and 2) yes it is that Tito's vodka - if you haven't tried it, you should.  And like I said, no headache.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:40:02 pm by TheMindWillNotLetGo » Logged
dbacks fan
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2012, 01:40:05 pm »

No bragging huh?
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2012, 01:48:53 pm »

No bragging huh?

Kind of took that out of context didn't you.  

Guy said he didn't have a screw up when he did something simple, and I intimated that if he were as drunk as I was, he might.

I call it self-deprecation.  You can spin it as bragging if you want, but the bottom line is, it turned out to be the truth.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:59:21 pm by TheMindWillNotLetGo » Logged
jmikeh
Citizen

« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2012, 04:27:07 pm »

It has been awhile since I have been on here.  I kind of like the new look and colors.  Still getting used to it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org